Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Portyansky

Who would you wanna face in the SB?

This has nothing to do with our record. Every year I ask myself this question. Ever since AR went to KC I now have two answers... NE & KC. 

Don't really want to see Brady and the Pats again,   there is just something almost mystical about them,  they just somehow make teams turn into bumbling chokers no matter how good they are.  Unless you are the Giants.

I wouldn't mind an Eagles-Steelers Super Bowl.  The Broncos and Chiefs would also suit me fine.  

4 minutes ago, Runtherock said:

KC. Why? Reid will never win a Super Bowl, that's why.

considering his protégé is now coaching the Eagles,  that may be a sticky prediction.  

He may well go the way of Vermeil,  win with his second team.   

NE bc there would be more validation beating Bill and Tom. KC bc if we happen to lose. Losing to Big Red wouldnt hurt as much. Also knowing DP learned from him so future still bright.

1 minute ago, PhillyGreenMachine said:

I’d like to worry about the Redskins game thank you very much instead of who we would play in some hypothetical, yet guaranteed SB game.

We are fans, the players worry week to week. I didn't say this year. Or next. Simply Who would you wanna face?

As long as we are daydreaming... I'd rather us just be an unstoppable juggernaut that other teams dread playing.

40 minutes ago, b_west3 said:

Let's not get ahead of ourselves...but who would I LIKE to play?  The Browns. 

Let me know what numbers you'll play on the lotto, you just might hit before the Browns make it.

2 hours ago, PhillyGreenMachine said:

I’d like to worry about the Redskins game thank you very much instead of who we would play in some hypothetical, yet guaranteed SB game.

This^

Realistically, I don’t see the Pats getting back, their defense is just too weak and Gronk is Brady’s only receiving target and he’s at the part of the season where he gets hurt. I do NOT want to play Denver- that defense is killin it this year. I think our biggest adversary in the NFC is the Redskins. They are coming on strong. I would rather lose this week, figure out our weaknesses against them and adjust.

To address the question- I think second time around, well be ready for the Chiefs.

I mean there's a number of teams... The Browns, Jets, Bills, Colts just to get us started. I would have no fear facing the Ravens, Bengals, Chargers, Jags and so on. 

Really there are three teams that I wouldn't choose to face. Unfortunately those are the three most likely to make it. Pittsburgh, New England and Kansas. 

52 minutes ago, WCPhan said:

Realistically, I don’t see the Pats getting back, their defense is just too weak and Gronk is Brady’s only receiving target and he’s at the part of the season where he gets hurt. I do NOT want to play Denver- that defense is killin it this year. I think our biggest adversary in the NFC is the Redskins. They are coming on strong. I would rather lose this week, figure out our weaknesses against them and adjust.

To address the question- I think second time around, well be ready for the Chiefs.

Honestly, until the Pats are eliminated they are still really dangerous. The D doesn't look good right now, but had a good game against the Bucs. But with Belichick and Brady, they always have a chance, particularly if Gronk was healthy.

I would like to face the Steelers or the Chiefs. (of realistic teams who could get there)

I would like to beat the Patriots. I still think they might have cheated in our last SB. The D was playing really well in the first half, but in the second, it seemed that Brady knew exactly what was coming.

6 hours ago, Portyansky said:

NE bc there would be more validation beating Bill and Tom. KC bc if we happen to lose. Losing to Big Red wouldnt hurt as much. Also knowing DP learned from him so future still bright.

Given all the chances Reid had here and failed, losing to him would hurt more IMO. 

20 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Given all the chances Reid had here and failed, losing to him would hurt more IMO. 

Can you imagine the complete nuclear meltdown here?  They may have to shut the site down for good.  

Just now, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Can you imagine the complete nuclear meltdown here?  They may have to shut the site down for good.  

I know I’d be sick to my stomach.