Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NE.Jon

The Browns

Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

It’d be hilarious if the Eagles and Texans made the Super Bowl, with a major snowstorm hitting the Minneapolis area and the game getting moved to Cleveland Browns Stadium. 

That is some wallyhorse crap right there lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ownership went "nuclear” on Browns front office on Wednesday

Quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/11/01/ownership-went-nuclear-on-browns-front-office-on-wednesday/

The Browns committed an epic bungle on Tuesday, and on Wednesday the folks who own the team justifiably reacted, strongly.

Per a league source, ownership (specifically Dee Haslam) went "nuclear” on the front office in the aftermath of the failed effort to consummate a trade for Bengals quarterback A.J. McCarron.

The reaction comes even as the Browns spent much of Wednesday trying to persuade multiple media members that the Browns didn’t screw up the trade that was indeed screwed up. The Browns contend that they signed the appropriate paperwork to reflect their agreement to the deal, that they sent it to the Bengals for signature and submission to the league office, that the Bengals sent documentation signed only by the team, and that by the time the error was detected it was too late to rectify it.

It’s possible that the Browns, who have executed multiple trades under the current regime, always do it this way. Which is fine if there’s time to get everything buttoned up. It’s not fine if, as in this case, the deal has been negotiated as the annual deadline for doing such deals approaches and the other team doesn’t send to the league office documentation signed by both teams.

Meanwhile, multiple teams (the official number now stands at seven) have told PFT that the Browns and Bengals should have separately informed the league office of the terms of the trade. As one source put it via email to PFT, "Only requirement is for both clubs to separately notify the league office via email of trade terms. If trade terms match, deal done. No need to sign paperwork and submit prior. Have 15 days to submit trade papers (with terms that identically match emails).”

Although the Browns have provided the media with plenty of grounds for criticism in recent days, the strong, negative reaction to Tuesday’s trade-deadline misadventure is smart, proper, and in many respects overdue. The football operation currently is a mess, and even though ownership seems to be committed to showing that it can stay the course for at least two full years, a 1-23 record, decisions to pass on Carson Wentz and Deshaun Watson, and the embarrassing failure to consummate the McCarron deal should cause them to chart a new course ASAP — and to eventually hire someone smart and capable and to get out of the way completely and let that person try to fix things, once and for all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently that Darnold kid plans to stay at USC if the Browns have one of the top picks in the draft. I guess he's going to stay in college for the foreseeable future then? I don't blame him but that kind of thinking you have to keep internal or at least tell someone you trust to not run their mouth.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2741980-sam-darnold-reportedly-may-stay-at-usc-i

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Report: Browns botched the A.J. McCarron trade in more ways than one

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/11/02/report-browns-botched-the-a-j-mccarron-trade-in-more-ways-than-one/

The Browns, as everyone knows, botched the trade for A.J. McCarron despite their initial try at casting blame at the Bengals. Ultimately, it came down to the Browns waiting too long to call the Bengals and initiate talks.

Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer interviewed more than a half-dozen league sources, putting together a play-by-play from the deal that wasn’t:

The Browns first called the Bengals at 3:54 p.m., six minutes before the trade deadline. The Bengals emailed their paperwork to the NFL at 3:55 p.m. But the Browns, instead of sending their paperwork to the league, sent it to Cincinnati for the Bengals to sign and send to the league.

The problem was: The Bengals didn’t see the email because it came from Chris Cooper, Sashi Brown’s assistant. Duke Tobin, the Bengals player personnel director, was busy getting his own paperwork completed and finally opened the email the following day.

Even then, the league would not have approved the trade, via Cabot, because the documents didn’t match. Even if the compensation — second- and third-round picks in 2018 — was the same, the other language, such as conditions, wasn’t.

The Browns received the Bengals’ document at 3:59 p.m., realized it didn’t match theirs and called the league to appeal. The league denied the request; McCarron remains in Cincinnati; and the Browns remain in search of a long-term starting quarterback after botching another chance at one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's just one mess after another. It's one big joke and then move on to the next one? This Browns organization seemed to be doing some good things. It seemed to have a process that made sense and was intriguing.

But why on earth did they want to trade for AJ McCarron? Do they really think he's an upgrade on Kizer? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Report: Browns botched the A.J. McCarron trade in more ways than one

 

 

If i'm Browns ownership, i'd be livid if that information leaked out. It makes everyone look totally incompetent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

If i'm Browns ownership, i'd be livid if that information leaked out. It makes everyone look totally incompetent.

I think everyone was well aware of that before this info leaked out. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

If i'm Browns ownership, i'd be livid if that information leaked out. It makes everyone look totally incompetent.

Seriously. If anyone is surprised at this coming from the Browns they haven't been paying attention for the past 20 years or so.

These clowns are looking for a starting qb not because of an injury to their starter or some unavoidable circumstance. Even though they've  had top 10 picks in the draft since forever. Whats wrong with this picture? 

Kizer

Kessler

Hogan

That's the Cleveland Browns QB Depth Chart.:roll:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ive been reading posts from browns fans .  They seem to have some hope that they can trade for Luck .... Yes now Luck would be able to lift the team and not have the worries they did  if Wentz, Watson or any other rookie they passed on would of had .   Is it possible for a whole fan base to be that nutty ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NE.Jon said:

Ive been reading posts from browns fans .  They seem to have some hope that they can trade for Luck .... Yes now Luck would be able to lift the team and not have the worries they did  if Wentz, Watson or any other rookie they passed on would of had .   Is it possible for a whole fan base to be that nutty ?

If I were Luck, I'd refuse the trade. The Browns are going to have to give up a bundle in that trade, and if Luck refuses to show up, the Browns are going to want their bundle back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/2/2017 at 3:05 PM, ShutDownDB said:

Apparently that Darnold kid plans to stay at USC if the Browns have one of the top picks in the draft. I guess he's going to stay in college for the foreseeable future then? I don't blame him but that kind of thinking you have to keep internal or at least tell someone you trust to not run their mouth.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2741980-sam-darnold-reportedly-may-stay-at-usc-i

As long as he dose  not hire a agent he wont lose out on his final year of college. Far as i under stand how the rule works.

So can he enter the draft see who picks him dose not like the team that picks him go back to play college ball if he dose not hire a agent?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, pjlj77 said:

So can he enter the draft see who picks him dose not like the team that picks him go back to play college ball if he dose not hire a agent?

No.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

No.

Yea looked up the rule after i posted he can sumit his name for draft he gets a grade from scouts. 1ST round 2nd round or reconmend they stay in school. Then has 15 days to stay in the draft or pull his name from the draft (long as he has not hired a agent) and return to shcool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On November 3, 2017 at 6:10 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

It's just one mess after another. It's one big joke and then move on to the next one? This Browns organization seemed to be doing some good things. It seemed to have a process that made sense and was intriguing.

But why on earth did they want to trade for AJ McCarron? Do they really think he's an upgrade on Kizer? 

They don't have a bad defense at all, and their offensive line isn't that bad. They're 9th in the league on defense, and in the middle of the pack on rushing and giving up sacks. They have gotten killed with INTs. They need better coaching, a franchise QB, and an upgrade at RB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BCEagle said:

They don't have a bad defense at all, and their offensive line isn't that bad. They're 9th in the league on defense, and in the middle of the pack on rushing and giving up sacks. They have gotten killed with INTs. They need better coaching, a franchise QB, and an upgrade at RB.

They have good backs. And they have drafted qbs early. It's all coaching with them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Mat said:

:lol:  I know right.

 

I'm not even going to get into that game's last 5 minutes, even though its hilarious he tried to use that game as justification.

 

The sixers took a 4 year tank job to acquire assets and came out with Embiid and Simmons.  (to a lesser extent Dario, and the TJ & Covington UDFA signings are just as impressive)  Vlade Divac makes so many boneheaded trades you could swap him and Sashi Brown and no one would know the difference

 

Prior to the tank the Sixers were a perpetual 7-8 seed.  The Kings, on the other hand, were last in the playoffs 12 seasons ago.  Since then, they finished in the west 11th, 11th, 15th, 14th, 14th, 14th, 13th, 13th, 13th, 10th and 12th.

 

I know he is trying to troll, but at least make a somewhat realistic comparison.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, paco said:

:lol:  I know right.

 

I'm not even going to get into that game's last 5 minutes, even though its hilarious he tried to use that game as justification.

 

The sixers took a 4 year tank job to acquire assets and came out with Embiid and Simmons.  (to a lesser extent Dario, and the TJ & Covington UDFA signings are just as impressive)  Vlade Divac makes so many boneheaded trades you could swap him and Sashi Brown and no one would know the difference

 

Prior to the tank the Sixers were a perpetual 7-8 seed.  The Kings, on the other hand, were last in the playoffs 12 seasons ago.  Since then, they finished in the west 11th, 11th, 15th, 14th, 14th, 14th, 13th, 13th, 13th, 10th and 12th.

 

I know he is trying to troll, but at least make a somewhat realistic comparison.  

I don't know. The last five yeas, the head-to-head series is even. Meaning the Sixers are on a par with the Kings. Yes, the 76ers are the laughing stock of the NBA. Believe me, Celtics fans are laughing at you like you are laughing at Browns fans. It's interesting how fanatical devotion to teams drives us beyond the limits of necessary self awareness. Just an observation. Now I will go back to following my Celtics, and you your 76ers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BCEagle said:

I don't know. The last five yeas, the head-to-head series is even. Meaning the Sixers are on a par with the Kings. Yes, the 76ers are the laughing stock of the NBA. Believe me, Celtics fans are laughing at you like you are laughing at Browns fans. It's interesting how fanatical devotion to teams drives us beyond the limits of necessary self awareness. Just an observation. Now I will go back to following my Celtics, and you your 76ers.

Oh, so it's the last 5 years now.  Not the last 10.

 

Fine, goal posts moved.  Your analogy still is terrible.   One team was purposely tanking while the other was making every move they could to get good (The sixers thank the kings for the pick swap and 1st rounder so they could pay Rondo :lol: )  and still sucked.  Yet the series is even.  Yeah, great analogy.

 

"Fanatical devotion"? I'm not even an NBA fan  :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BCEagle said:

They don't have a bad defense at all, and their offensive line isn't that bad. They're 9th in the league on defense, and in the middle of the pack on rushing and giving up sacks. They have gotten killed with INTs. They need better coaching, a franchise QB, and an upgrade at RB.

Did I actually say they had a terrible defense? Umm no I didn't! I said the whole organization was a joke because they keep finding new ways to suck as a team. This is a team who haven't really even looked close to winning a game this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites