AlpineEagle

Week 7: Chiefs @ Raiders

4 minutes ago, pisceschica said:

Raiders td :towel:

I’m sorry but why are two receivers in same area on two straight plays ;)

He’s short

What's interesting is that he bobbled the ball and didn't get full control until he was over the goal line.  

Just now, VaBeach_Eagle said:

This is where Lynch really hurt them with his idiocy in getting ejected.

Those 6 points off of missed fgs really hurt them. 

Instead of a fg to win they have to score a td

Just now, pisceschica said:

Those 6 points off of missed fgs really hurt them. 

Instead of a fg to win they have to score a td

When I typed that, I was thinking the ball was going to be on the 1.

WHAT A GAME!!!!

And with that....  The Eagles officially have the best record alone in the entire NFL!!!  5-1 is better than 5-2

We are the best team record wise in the League now.:towel:I think the Chiefs are going to start a change.org movement to ban this ref crew now from working any Chiefs games in the future.

1 minute ago, metalhead0043 said:

I really hope they miss the extra point

Why?  You dont want the Eagles to have the best record in the NFL?

Just now, o0OMorrisO0o said:

Why?  You dont want the Eagles to have the best record in the NFL?

I don't really care about that. But besides, it would make for a more entertaining game.

Great way for the Chiefs to lose their 2nd in a row.

Eagles currently have the best record in the NFL. Beat the Redskins and we'll have that distinction for at least a week.

3 minutes ago, pisceschica said:

Why was there a 10 second run off in this situation?

It's a stupid rule. Detroit lost to Atlanta because Tate was down at the 1/2 yard line with 9 seconds left. Since they reviewed it, there was a 10 second run off and it was game over.

Something about them needing to stop the clock to review the play and the other team not having a timeout to stop the clock. 

3 minutes ago, cowboy30 said:

It's a stupid rule. Detroit lost to Atlanta because Tate was down at the 1/2 yard line with 9 seconds left. Since they reviewed it, there was a 10 second run off and it was game over.

Something about them needing to stop the clock to review the play and the other team not having a timeout to stop the clock. 

But it’s sooo stupid bc they have to review every scoring play that is why I didn’t understand it. 

And since it was originally called a td doesnt the clock stop on a score?

6 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

What's interesting is that he bobbled the ball and didn't get full control until he was over the goal line.  

Shades of ASJ last week for the Jets.

Just now, nveagle5 said:

Shades of ASJ last week for the Jets.

The new catch rule they came out with was supposed to make things clearer, but it has done the opposite. The old rule was much better.

6 minutes ago, pisceschica said:

Why was there a 10 second run off in this situation?

They stopped the clock due to a "touchdown” being called on the field. Since the play wound up being a completion in bounds, it technically would be an "illegal” stoppage of the clock, meaning that if it was ruled a completion and down at the 1 originally, the clock would have kept running and Oakland would have had to get back to the line and get set before they could snap it. Similar to offensive penalties late in the game, they use 10 seconds as a "typical” timeframe it would take the players to get back to the line, set, and snap the ball. 

Me personally, I’d rather have the 5 mins to settle down and compose myself and the rest of my O, take the 10 seconds, and run a play. Way better than having everyone run to the line panicked and risk guys not recognizing the play call, false start, illegal formation, etc. 

3 minutes ago, pisceschica said:

But it’s sooo stupid bc they have to review every scoring play that is why I didn’t understand it 

Similar to what I just said. It wasn’t actually a scoring play so the clock should never have stopped.