AlpineEagle

Week 7: Chiefs @ Raiders

3 minutes ago, pisceschica said:

But it’s sooo stupid bc they have to review every scoring play that is why I didn’t understand it 

Exactly! They're trying to make up for the time it would take the offense to run up and spike it or get another play off.

I would make it a 5 second run off or have the offense line up from where they threw it and then start the clock and have them all run to hike it or spike it :lol: jk

1 minute ago, Agent23 said:

Similar to what I just said. It wasn’t actually a scoring play so the clock should never have stopped. 

I just edited my post, but it was originally called a td before it was reversed

I mean... This is just a crazy season! And exactly why we shouldn't take anything for granted. Two games ago the Chiefs looked the best team in the NFL. Two games later and they are 5-2.

Damn, first Thursday night game I didn't watch this season and looks like it was the best one.

Really glad I left Cooper on the bench for my fantasy team...

2 minutes ago, nipples said:

Damn, first Thursday night game I didn't watch this season and looks like it was the best one.

ouch, yeah that hurts but their is no way you could have known.

2 minutes ago, Silentop said:

ouch, yeah that hurts but their is no way you could have known.

Yeah true. I picked him up a week ago because the dude that had him in my league gave up on him due to the slow start. Figured I'd stash him on my bench until he starts balling again... Guess I'm starting him next week. 

9 hours ago, pisceschica said:

I just edited my post, but it was originally called a td before it was reversed

Oh, I understand why the clock originally was stopped. But since there was not a TD, by allowing the clock to remain stopped (no loss of time) on what should have been a live in-bounds play, with a clock still running, the Officials would be giving the offensive team an unfair advantage over the defensive team, which is perfectly acceptable IMO.

Hell, even in the Chip Kelly blitz offense where they wanted to "GO GO GO GO!!!!" as quick as possible, they weren't lining up and getting a snap off in in under 10 seconds when the previous play ran was spiking the clock and the whole offense was already at the line of scrimmage. Let alone getting the entire offense 30 yards up field and re-set in their offensive formation to legally get a snap off. 

16 hours ago, gameshowfan91 said:

A suspension for that? That would be dumb. An ejection is enough. It's not enough to warrant a suspension. He didn't try to seriously hurt someone like Trevathan did.

Marshawn Lynch facing possible fines, suspension

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000864111/article/marshawn-lynch-facing-possible-fines-suspension

The Oakland Raiders running back was ejected in the second quarter after running on the field and ultimately pushing and then grabbing an official. Lynch appeared to be trying to get to Kansas City Chiefs cornerback Marcus Peters, who was penalized on the play for unnecessary roughness after a late hit on Raiders quarterback Derek Carr. Lynch was quickly penalized and immediately ejected (contact with an official is an automatic ejection).

Lynch was not involved in the play. After seeing some Raiders offensive linemen take offense after Peters' hit, Lynch came out in what appeared to be an effort to play peacemaker before grabbing the official. It ended a quiet night in what's been a quiet season for Lynch in Oakland.

The Raiders aren't thrilled with the development, either. CBS Sports sideline reporter Tracy Wolfson said on the broadcast that Raiders coach Jack Del Rio told her that Lynch making contact with an official was "inexcusable."

The Raiders went on to win the game in spectacular fashion, 31-30. NFL Network's Omar Ruiz saw Lynch congratulating his teammates in the Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum after the game. NFL Network's Michael Silver reported Lynch watched the rest of the game from the stands after he was ejected.

NFL spokesman Joe Lockhart told reporters on a conference call Friday that the NFL is considering possibility of fining and suspending Lynch for his actions.

"I was disappointed that he ran out because I knew we had a 15-yard penalty and we were going to be in good shape," Del Rio said after the game. "I didn't get a chance to, like, have a conversation about it. I told him you can't leave the bench like that. And that was about it. Next thing I knew he was being tossed. The ref told me actually had put his hands on him. I didn't see that occur. Obviously, you can never put your hands on an official and he was DQed."

"I know Marshawn feels bad, I've talked to him," Raiders offensive tackle Donald Penn told NFL Network's Patrick Claybon on Friday. "The thing is that great win is going to get overshadowed by this little incident.

"He's going to learn from it ... to be honest with you, I don't think Marshawn knew that was a ref until it was too late. He just thought it was another player, just trying to get them all off and get things separated. He's going to learn from it, man, we're going to move on. They're all good friends. I'm just sad Marshawn wasn't able to finish the game because I know how much Oakland means to him and how much that win means to him."

Lynch ran only twice for nine yards, staying on the sideline most snaps in favor of Jalen Richard. Lynch has only 266 yards rushing through seven games and figures to hear from the NFL soon in regard to a potential fine.

Lynch wasn't the only Raiders player involved in some drama. Penn got into a sideline argument with wide receiver Michael Crabtree during the second quarter, but Penn told Silver they eventually worked things out.

7 hours ago, nipples said:

I left Carr on my bench. :thumbsdown:

Carr better be careful  he does not get hurt again ... he was running around like a mad man .

5 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Marshawn Lynch facing possible fines, suspension

Confirmed by the league. 1 game suspension.

1 hour ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Confirmed by the league. 1 game suspension.

I had a feeling that he'd get at least a game. We'll see if it gets reversed on appeal, but it wouldn't surprise me if it's upheld.

5 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I had a feeling that he'd get at least a game. We'll see if it gets reversed on appeal, but it wouldn't surprise me if it's upheld.

It needs to be reversed. Lynch didn't do enough to warrant a suspension. Sure he put his hands on an official, but it's not like he hurt anyone. Trevathan did worse and got a one game suspension. Ejection and fine would be enough. He served his punishment.

1 hour ago, gameshowfan91 said:

It needs to be reversed. Lynch didn't do enough to warrant a suspension. Sure he put his hands on an official, but it's not like he hurt anyone. Trevathan did worse and got a one game suspension. Ejection and fine would be enough. He served his punishment.

Jon Runyan disagrees with you.

"You made deliberate physical contact with one of our game officials as he was diffusing an active confrontation between players,” Runyan wrote in a letter to Lynch that the NFL released. "You were disqualified for your inappropriate and unsportsmanlike actions. Your conduct included pushing the game official and grabbing his jersey.”

Runyan also noted that Lynch wasn’t even involved in the skirmish until he chose to get himself involved.

"You were the only player from either team who ran from the sideline to midfield to insert himself into a situation in which he was not directly involved,” Runyan wrote.