Sign in to follow this  
DaveSpadaro

[Spadaro] Special Teams Absorbs Another Key Injury

Just how many personnel losses can Dave Fipp’s special teams units sustain and continue to win every week? The latest is Chris Maragos, who was placed on Injured Reserve after suffering a knee injury last Thursday in the win over Carolina ...

View the full article

Sucks to lose Maragos. I know its next man up so let's believe who ever it is can shine like he did. Lets go get this W Monday night!

Shame about Maragos, was doing really well on ST's which I thought were going to take a hit this yr.

I like the news on Darby, but if he's not ready, sit him - there's a long haul ahead.

40 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

We've all complained about the refs at one time or another but the Carolina game was so one sided that I've even seen Cowboys fans saying something was up.

Flags can be thrown on just about every play in the NFL if they want to nit pick, but doing so in such a lopsided manor is the very definition of bias. I'd hire an accounting investigator, but in may be even simpler than money - they just don't like the Eagles.

I'm thrilled at the thought of getting so many players back for this game! Especially Lane & Smalls. I agree,if Darby isn't 100% give him the time to get back to normal. The worst thing that could happen is to rush him back and injure it worse. I'm glad that DP is smart enough to only push as hard as needed.

My three biggest reasons for having Lane back for this game is- 1) Keeping Kerrigan at bay. 2) The skill players won't have to be relied on quite as much to chip in at Pass Pro. 3) DP can once again install 'Tackle Eligible' as part of the game plan. Out of all of the skill players I feel that Smallwood is one of the best blockers and makes him a complete weapon in the backfield. I just hope that Smalls has the longevity to stay on the field. It would break my heart to see him end up like Correll Buckhalter. What a special player he could've been if able to be in more games! The Eagles need more skill players to get better at blocking if other teams would happen to take a page out of Carolina's D game plan that was used Thur. night. I know that all teams aren't equipped to blitz like Caro. did, but I'd like to have more confidence that the team can withstand it if they would happen to be in that position again. The margin of error for plays working or failing was way too close for my comfort at the Panthers that night. GO EAGLES!!! 592271e51b9f3_EaglesPrimaryLogo87-95.gif.a38d0de57d6d3eab803ff2553f901b9d.gif

Eagles WR Alshon Jeffery likes spreading the ball around on offense:

Though Eagles receiver Alshon Jeffery surely wants a big payday after the season, that doesn’t mean he’s consumed by his stats. Philadelphia has spread the ball around on offense this season — and the Eagles No. 1 receiver likes it. Some receivers can get caught up in their lack of targets, but production is not Jeffery’s chief concern. He likes that quarterback Carson Wentz has frequently targeted other receivers this season.

I think it’s great, because I mean it opens it up for all of us,” Jeffery said on Wednesday. No matter who’s out there having a great game, or whoever the ball’s going to, as long as we’re doing our job and just catching and working and getting those wins, that’s all that matters.”

Jeffery and fellow offseason acquisition Torrey Smith have both opened up the Eagles offense. The fact Wentz has other talented pass catchers on offense, like Nelson Agholor and tight end Zach Ertz, also helps.

Those four pass catchers have combined for 1,253 yards through six games. Ertz leads the team in receiving yards this season, with 405.

Jeffery is a valuable player even when his stats don’t pop out of the box score. The attention opposing defenses have to pay to him benefits the entire offense. The veteran receiver knows pressing for more targets really isn’t necessary for the team to win.

The Eagles receiver would likely be more concerned with his production if the team was consistently losing. But with the Eagles at 5-1, Jeffery doesn’t mind that he hasn’t had a 100-yard game yet this season.

http://theeagleswire.usatoday.com/2017/10/19/eagles-wr-alshon-jeffery-likes-spreading-the-ball-around-on-offense/

Eagles vs. Redskins, Week 7: Four key matchups:

1) FS Malcolm Jenkins vs. TE Jordan Reed

2) CB Rasul Douglas vs. WR Josh Doctson

3) DT Fletcher Cox vs. OG Brandon Scherff

4) LB Nigel Bradham vs. RB Chris Thompson

http://theeagleswire.usatoday.com/2017/10/19/eagles-vs-redskins-week-7-four-key-matchups/

Wentz was awarded with the 'Fed Ex Player of the Week' for his performance at the Panthers. That's 2 weeks in a row!

Was that Morelli's crew last night for Oakland vs KC? Just wondered 'cause of Beast Mode getting mad enough to get ejected for mixin' it up with an official LOL :lol:

2 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Was that Morelli's crew last night for Oakland vs KC? Just wondered 'cause of Beast Mode getting mad enough to get ejected for mixin' it up with an official LOL :lol:

lol  did you see it?  There was some bad calls made but he had the ejection coming. That was so stupid of him! He came off the bench to get into a brawl and in the middle of it he pushed a ref. Even worse was listening to Deion try to defend it. Lynch came darn close to losing the game for them.

Overall though, game was awesome! Especially the last 4 plays with the clock at 0:00.  lol

21 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

Shame about Maragos, was doing really well on ST's which I thought were going to take a hit this yr.

I like the news on Darby, but if he's not ready, sit him - there's a long haul ahead.

Weren't we just saying the same things about Cox... and he came back and Dominated.  If we as fans are smart enough to know not to bring players back too early. I hope the organization that is investing millions of dollars in them is also that smart.

I want to know where John Reaves went..... Now that Wentz is playing great he has nothing to complain about. We all kept saying he was a rookie and he needed time, but all he kept saying was Wentz played poorly....  Here is what he said back in May....

We've made a ton of upgrades, particularly on offense, but the Blunt truth is the biggest concern remains the QB position. Even with our lousy WRs and instability on the line with LJ's suspension and lost games by two other starters (forcing two rookies to play before they were really ready), we had six losses that were there for the taking at end but our rookie QB just couldn't make a play in any of them, except the Ravens game perhaps (which he made with his legs, not his arm). He was unable even in the one close win vs the Giants to secure what should've been an easy win. It took Eli and our defense, especially Jenkins, to put that one in the win column. What a contending team needs is a QB who's at his best at the end of close games. That's when Wentz was at his worst. He was only a rookie, but that needs to change more than upgrades anywhere else. Hopefully it will.

The boo birds are silent til we start losing.  I haven't seen Snow Leopard or couldcareless yet since I started looking at the boards again.  But watch, Wentz has one bad game and they will all be back in force telling us I told you so

Stine got married and he's losing it, buck up bud - we may be doing it a yr early. Watch the Hawks and Raiders

Please don't take this game lightly. About the only area they look better is need, not to be underestimated.

If they bring back Norman this early, they're abusing their player and deserve to lose the season.

Hope Lane's as healthy as he seems, could take the week off and we'd still win, same w/ Darby.

11 hours ago, rsnyder23 said:

The boo birds are silent til we start losing.  I haven't seen Snow Leopard or couldcareless yet since I started looking at the boards again.  But watch, Wentz has one bad game and they will all be back in force telling us I told you so

Those guys were great... LOL   Clockwork 3 times you would hear from them .... 1.  The day the team was eliminated.   2.  The opening day of free agency to complain about what the Eagles did or didn't do.  3.  (my favorite)  the minute after the first draft pick was made ... to complain.    CCL was the best, regardless of whatever the move ... "we need DBs"  LOL   The entertainment was great!   

I can't wait for Monday night!   Big game!  A win here means ... 3 game lead on Washington ... 2 or 3 on Dallas  ... 3-0 in the division.   Dallas and Washington still have to play each other ...TWICE!   That's just from a NFC East point of view.  Where my focus is right now... "tunnel vision for the division"  A catchy phrase that rhymes too... LOL   

But league wide it would mean the ONLY team with 1 loss, and the ONLY team with 6 wins!