Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dungaroo

And Dallas and Washington play each other on Sunday.

59 minutes ago, Wallyhorse said:

Now that the Redskins are not facing the Eagles or Chiefs, they may be set to go on a nice, long run, grab a Wild Card, win a playoff game on the road and return to the Linc in January for a Divisional Playoff game. 

You ES brah?

2 hours ago, Wallyhorse said:

Now that the Redskins are not facing the Eagles or Chiefs, they may be set to go on a nice, long run, grab a Wild Card, win a playoff game on the road and return to the Linc in January for a Divisional Playoff game. 

That could be a nightmare. Don't want that.

Id prefer the Cowboys to win .  Cant stand Redskins or their fans . Plus I dont think either team can stop us this year so really does not matter .

The best possible outcome would be if an Airbus A380 carrying the NY Giants crashed into the stadium and took out both teams.

1 hour ago, Perforator said:

The best possible outcome would be if an Airbus A380 carrying the NY Giants crashed into the stadium and took out both teams.

Hgi2y4E.gif

On 10/27/2017 at 10:16 PM, Wallyhorse said:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

On 10/28/2017 at 6:26 AM, Perforator said:

The way this league is so in love with "America"'s team, they'd probably grant them the division just in rememberence.

Watching this game and i must say, there is no other team in this league that gets so many lucky breaks......Elliot should be suspended. Every positive play the redskins have gets called back. redskins fumbling punts and kick offs. Everything continues to go their way. wouldn't surprise me at all if we lose both games to them....The refs seem to hate us as it is,  and always seems to screw every team the turds play against. They are 2nd with least amount of penalties...We have 2nd most........... 

LOL @ the comments Im already reading from Pokes fans .  They are super excited about  2 in a row  vs a Team with enough inuries the almost  had to play Iron man  and a team that is still winless . 

On 10/27/2017 at 9:37 PM, PoconoDon said:

This is old and grainy. Some guy filming his television, but you can see Reggie coming off the the left side singled up against the mighty HOF OL Larry Allen. For the younger fans, this was what we saw every week from Reggie White. Might have to watch it on youtube...hit the link.

Yeah...that's Larry Allen as a rookie

3 hours ago, NE.Jon said:

LOL @ the comments Im already reading from Pokes fans .  They are super excited about  2 in a row  vs a Team with enough inuries the almost  had to play Iron man  and a team that is still winless . 

Let them bask in their false sense of achievement. It's OK, it will come crashing down with a defeat to a REAL team next week... I say Chiefs 35, cowboys 13. And that's being generous!!

Refs let the cowturds win the skins games with all the non-calls against them

15 minutes ago, DJax4lyfe said:

Let them bask in their false sense of achievement. It's OK, it will come crashing down with a defeat to a REAL team next week... I say Chiefs 35, cowboys 13. And that's being generous!!

Refs let the cowturds win the skins games with all the non-calls against them

That's hilarious, bad calls took a td away from Dallas and gave one to the skins... 

that said, the chiefs will smoke Dallas next week

3 hours ago, NE.Jon said:

I don't think Dallas has a shot in hell of catching the eagles, mostly because of the packers and Rams losses, the eagles should win the division, but I have to tell you, where before I gave Dallas no shot of beating philly head to head....if Zeke stays eligible, Dallas has a shot. Dude the skins were beat up last week, and it was a tight game until the skins players started dropping, and the 49ers were even more decimated this week...I mean top 3-4 DE's missing and the eagles couldn't protect Wentz or run the ball very well either week...the eagles should still,get to 11-12 wins...but I see some issues with Peters and Hicks out. 

2 hours ago, Stephen1 said:

I don't think Dallas has a shot in hell of catching the eagles, mostly because of the packers and Rams losses, the eagles should win the division, but I have to tell you, where before I gave Dallas no shot of beating philly head to head....if Zeke stays eligible, Dallas has a shot. Dude the skins were beat up last week, and it was a tight game until the skins players started dropping, and the 49ers were even more decimated this week...I mean top 3-4 DE's missing and the eagles couldn't protect Wentz or run the ball very well either week...the eagles should still,get to 11-12 wins...but I see some issues with Peters and Hicks out. 

If Kendricks can keep playing like he did Hicks wont be missed as much.. Peters on the other hand?? Granted i am in the minority who doesn't think our o line is as good as others have been saying. How many times has Wentz been hit and or sacked even before Peters went down? Yes Wentz has held onto the ball to long a few times but part of it is poor o line play. It showed today alot more with Wentz not looking as hot and a missing run game outside of garbage time..

Hoping Howie can do some magic for the o line before the trade deadline.

2 hours ago, Harry1970 said:

If Kendricks can keep playing like he did Hicks wont be missed as much.. Peters on the other hand?? Granted i am in the minority who doesn't think our o line is as good as others have been saying. How many times has Wentz been hit and or sacked even before Peters went down? Yes Wentz has held onto the ball to long a few times but part of it is poor o line play. It showed today alot more with Wentz not looking as hot and a missing run game outside of garbage time..

Hoping Howie can do some magic for the o line before the trade deadline.

I thought the game Sunday was more like a letdown but the Eagles still won handily anyway, like a championship team should.  

9 hours ago, Stephen1 said:

ITs only one game that Big V has got to play LT ,  he is already doign better then last year .  I think we will be just fine once he settles  in . Redskins played us super hard as they di not want to be swept by us  and they were fighting to get a postive record.  The 49ers played their hearts out to save face after the beating the cowboys put on them . Also yesterday was Wentz first game ever in the rain . It showed too .  So I am not that woried about yesterdays stats / performance.  Besides  we got the W

9 hours ago, Stephen1 said:

That's hilarious, bad calls took a td away from Dallas and gave one to the skins... 

that said, the chiefs will smoke Dallas next week

The holding call wasnt a bad call...its the only reason zeke scored and it was a hold.

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I know either Dallas or Washington losing always helps us... But I can't help but feel that this was the worst result for us. 

I dunno. Had washington won its still a 3 team race. Now its a 2.

48 minutes ago, bobbywizdum said:

I dunno. Had washington won its still a 3 team race. Now its a 2.

Dallas concern me more though. And we've got the tie breaker over Washington. 

5 hours ago, bobbywizdum said:

The holding call wasnt a bad call...its the only reason zeke scored and it was a hold.

nah, it was very bad, his hands were within the frame of the player...when they teach OL how to block, that was a textbook block. If that was holding then pretty much every block where and OL engages a defender with his hands is a hold.

8 hours ago, NE.Jon said:

ITs only one game that Big V has got to play LT ,  he is already doign better then last year .  I think we will be just fine once he settles  in . Redskins played us super hard as they di not want to be swept by us  and they were fighting to get a postive record.  The 49ers played their hearts out to save face after the beating the cowboys put on them . Also yesterday was Wentz first game ever in the rain . It showed too .  So I am not that woried about yesterdays stats / performance.  Besides  we got the W

Jon, it doesn't matter how you get the win. In the NFL your team can have a good day or a bad day. The best teams can loose to the worst teams any time. You cant look at Wentz, Prescott, or Brady and watch the stats. It's a team game and Eagles will loose again just like Dallas did last year . Pats had the perfect season until they lost the SB to the Giants who had no shot at beating them. It's a long season so enjoy each week and don't worry about what the other teams are doing just your team. 

Eagles are having a great year so far so enjoy the ride it never lasts very long.

1 minute ago, gch said:

Jon, it doesn't matter how you get the win. In the NFL your team can have a good day or a bad day. The best teams can loose to the worst teams any time. You cant look at Wentz, Prescott, or Brady and watch the stats. It's a team game and Eagles will loose again just like Dallas did last year . Pats had the perfect season until they lost the SB to the Giants who had no shot at beating them. It's a long season so enjoy each week and don't worry about what the other teams are doing just your team. 

Eagles are having a great year so far so enjoy the ride it never lasts very long.

I expect to lose , I hope it happens sooner then later.  We are in year 2 of a rebuild . If you actually look back 3 years ago  to what Chimp Kelly dis to this team,  Then you would be amazed that we have come so far in such a short period.  I know most fans  were not expecting this type of play until maybe 2018 .  Next year will be great as we open up a lot more cap space as well  and the Draft will be nice too as we are looking good in most postions.   Eagles are on the rise  :D 

I can honestly say Id be ok not going deep into playoffs or even not winning the Division . All I care / cared about was seeing improvement from Wentz and the team ,  so far it seems we are good.Unfortunately you cant say the same about the Cowboys right now as they took a step back . Now granted that was expected because no one in their right mind would think the Pokes could do again what they did last year .... But it should not be as far of a drop as it is .  Maybe they can turn season around , then maybe the cant 

15 hours ago, NE.Jon said:

I expect to lose , I hope it happens sooner then later.  We are in year 2 of a rebuild . If you actually look back 3 years ago  to what Chimp Kelly dis to this team,  Then you would be amazed that we have come so far in such a short period.  I know most fans  were not expecting this type of play until maybe 2018 .  Next year will be great as we open up a lot more cap space as well  and the Draft will be nice too as we are looking good in most postions.   Eagles are on the rise  :D 

I can honestly say Id be ok not going deep into playoffs or even not winning the Division . All I care / cared about was seeing improvement from Wentz and the team ,  so far it seems we are good.Unfortunately you cant say the same about the Cowboys right now as they took a step back . Now granted that was expected because no one in their right mind would think the Pokes could do again what they did last year .... But it should not be as far of a drop as it is .  Maybe they can turn season around , then maybe the cant 

Every year there are teams that go from the middle to the top of their divisions. It’s not like it was years ago when it took 3-4 years to turn a franchise around. Luck always plays a roll as well and being able to hit on a couple of draft picks always helps. Eagles have had a good season no doubt and they may be able to win in the playoffs. 

Remeber it’s a long season and we have no idea what is going to happen. It’s been a good ride for you guys so enjoy it because it could end at any time. Dallas just changed their entire secondary to become a younger and better defense. I knew there would be a setback as these guys take time to gel and learn the speed of the NFL. Dak has improved a lot from last year as so many of you thought he was a Nick Foles. The season hasn’t gone our way early on but I’m not counting them out just yet. Dallas is not a team on the decline and if you look at their roster you would see that they are younger and have a lot of talent on offense and defense. Eagles are on the rise as well and it is going to be an interesting next 5 years. 

The Giants and Redskins could both be back in the running next year and after as wel. You never know what could happen. 

On 10/30/2017 at 5:22 PM, NE.Jon said:

I expect to lose , I hope it happens sooner then later.  We are in year 2 of a rebuild . If you actually look back 3 years ago  to what Chimp Kelly dis to this team,  Then you would be amazed that we have come so far in such a short period.  I know most fans  were not expecting this type of play until maybe 2018 .  Next year will be great as we open up a lot more cap space as well  and the Draft will be nice too as we are looking good in most positions.   Eagles are on the rise  :D 

not really.

With Romo leaving and facing the end of his career Dallas was/is actually facing a rebuild as well, Last year Dallas caught lighting in a bottle to a degree (and an easy schedule) and got 13 wins, but looking at them you could see the defense was not up to snuff.

That said, Dallas is in fact a younger team than Philly and they continued to get even younger this offseason, dumping 2 vet CB's and 2 vet safties. Dallas has not only 5 rookies playing important roles this year, but have 5 rookies from last year starting now. Dallas made the decision to get rid of some vets that probably would not be around in a year or two and rebuild once Romo went down and Dak opened up a new playoff window. If they had kept those guys...they'd probably be a bit better now

I mean sure I wanted Dallas to be as good as last year, but they have a 2nd year QB as well, and he's better than than was last year and has so far proven to be a franchise QB. Which is the most important thing. The defense just is not as good because 1. they had Sean Lee, David Irving and Anthony Hitchens miss most of the first 6 games of the season and 2. they have like 3 rookies basically starting in the secondary and they are going to take time to grow. The offense is legit (5th in the NFL in points) the defense is just a little worse...Dallas got crushed by Denver, but they lost to the Pacers (with A-Rod) and the Rams in tight games where Dallas put up 35 and 33 points....just a small improvement by the D and Dallas is sitting at 6-1.... but Dallas' future looks every bit as bright as philly's. It's not like Dallas is a vet team.

As far as the future, as long as Wentz is around, Philly will be good, but Dallas is in the same boat. For the first time in like 15 years they will have a good amount of salary cap to spend (I think a projected 20m) so for once they could sign a couple guys, and as far as draft picks...Philly has 1st rounder and two 4ths and two 6th....Dallas not only has their 1st, 2nd, 3rd, but when you look at the people Dallas let walk I had read that Dallas projects to get a 3rd or 4th and two 5th's as comp picks as well.

I think both teams are in about the same spot or within striking distance of eachother, both are young and both have bright futures..