AlpineEagle

Week 8: Dolphins @ Ravens

I can't think of a much more mundane matchup for Thursday night. Hopefully will be pleasantly surprised.

20 minutes ago, mihailo said:

I can't think of a much more mundane matchup for Thursday night. Hopefully will be pleasantly surprised.

Don't kid yourself. Remember Rams Niners week 3 we were all going crazy about how bad of a game it will be. Turned out to be a thriller.

7 minutes ago, GroundAttack said:

Don't kid yourself. Remember Rams Niners week 3 we were all going crazy about how bad of a game it will be. Turned out to be a thriller.

Very true. I shall keep 1 eye open ;) 

7 minutes ago, metalhead0043 said:

Maclin with the TD catch.

Beautiful deep ball. Miami's offense is dire...

Alonso's hit on Flacco probably should have resulted in an ejection.  Dirty play, pure and simple.

A fine will come definitely, a suspension? Probably not, but it wouldn't shock me.

4 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Alonso's hit on Flacco probably should have resulted in an ejection.  Dirty play, pure and simple.

Not conclusive enough for an ejection unlike Chris Baker hit on Foles. Hits like those happen pretty frequently with no intent of injury.

Just now, gameshowfan91 said:

Not conclusive enough unlike Chris Baker hit on Foles. Hits like those happen pretty frequently with no intent of injury.

Flacco gave himself up, sliding. The play was dead.

1 minute ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Flacco gave himself up, sliding. The play was dead.

I get that, but other players just to happen hit them while sliding and no ejection (at times on accident). 

1 minute ago, gameshowfan91 said:

I get that, but other players just to happen hit them while sliding and no ejection (at times on accident). 

Would you honestly be saying this if it was Wentz who was just hit that way by Sean Lee or some Giants player?

1 minute ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Would you honestly be saying this if it was Wentz who was just hit that way by Sean Lee or some Giants player?

its happened to Wentz a bunch of times .... With no flags at all .  Not quite as hard but  still 

1 minute ago, NE.Jon said:

its happened to Wentz a bunch of times .... With no flags at all .  Not quite as hard but  still 

I'm talking about this exact instance, just put Wentz in Flacco's place. A lynch mob would be leaving Philadelphia right now, for Miami, and Alonso would have to go into protective custody.

27 minutes ago, metalhead0043 said:

That hit was dirty as F. Shakiko should be at least fined for that hit.

just saw it, that was insane 

it was kind of funny how Flacco was just sitting there upright wondering where the F he was...

Didn't watch the game but saw the notification about the hit. Watched the clip and wow Flacco was decked. Holy crap I'm surprised there wasn't a bigger fight between the teams. Kiko should have been ejected. Apparently Flacco was also bleeding from the ears afterwards

31 minutes ago, NE.Jon said:

That's an understatement. That hit on Flacco was crazy

28 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I'm talking about this exact instance, just put Wentz in Flacco's place. A lynch mob would be leaving Philadelphia right now, for Miami, and Alonso would have to go into protective custody.

I honestly think fans would jump onto the field if that happened to Wentz. Also I think there would have been a bigger fight between the teams. If Peters was healthy and on the field you know he would be attacking the player

2 minutes ago, pisceschica said:

Just when I thought they were going to make it a game; ravens get a def td :facepalm:

Haha, game... 

34 minutes ago, birdman said:

just saw it, that was insane 

it was kind of funny how Flacco was just sitting there upright wondering where the F he was...

Joe was going for that first down , looks like in REAL time he went down too late  and Kiko had like .5 seconds to try and stop going full speed .... If Joe did not drop down it would of been a clean hit with his shoulders .  Was not a dirty hit , just unlucky