Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EagleJoe8

Week 9 Open Discussion.

7 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Have you ever NOT thought that? :lol:

Stephen doesn’t ever give Dallas much slack. He’s pretty hard on his team. I’m worried about Dez and Williams injuries. If Zeke is out then without the RB, and two  best WR’s that’s pretty tough to take. 

3 minutes ago, pisceschica said:

But it still does t mean anything. I’m sure Vegas thought skins would lose

Exactly. I remember being a 7 point dog in Super Bowl 39. Didn't make me feel better that we only lost by 3.

Just now, Stephen1 said:

Could not agree more on Douglas, Dallas asks Dez to do nothing but catch 50/50 balls, big CB's that can run give him fits, and Douglas fits that mold. If I were an Eagles fan, I'd be fine with that matchup. If I were the eagles DC, I might ask Douglas  to follow him around.  Mills is just a guy that grabs and holds a lot, if Dallas can protect Dak, I'll take Mills or Darby on Dez all day. I don't even know about Darby on Williams are Butler, he has poor ball skills, and Butler is like 6'4 and Williams is 6'3. Agree on beasley, he'd be fine against him.

i'm not trying to be overly negative on philly, again, they are the better team, I think they will do a good job vs the run, and I think Wentz will,shred the Dallas D, and I think philly wins Zeke or no Zeke.....but just not a fan of Darby

i think darby is better in matchups where he is covering a more speed wide receiver. i rather him be going up against ty hilton then someone like aj green. he has great speed and cant make up ground cause of it. he has a good vertical but however he doesnt have size. if he did he would probably not have been available in trade and drafted way higher than where he went.

the way i look at it for the eagles is they get darby back they can go matchups with three corners deep and patrick robinson in the slot. they can run more dime as well on 3rd down. really the eagles having darby get hurt was a silver lining cause it allowed douglas to get value snaps that will pay off in the end. frankly the eagles schedule broke right cause they really havent faced a big time speed receiver threat since the giants with beckham and the chargers. the cardinals have guys but they arent great. the panthers dont have speed guys. redskins dont really have a speed guy. Niners goodwin has speed but no QB and the broncos really didnt have a healthy sanders. if the eagles faced someone like ty hilton i tihnk they prefer darby out there. 

6 minutes ago, pisceschica said:

But it still does t mean anything. I’m sure Vegas thought skins would lose

oh it doesnt. and i am sure vegas made a killing on that game especially with the redskins without 3 starters on the oline

8 minutes ago, gch said:

If Dallas can make the playoffs as a wild card, I would rather that then the 1st round bye. I always hated when Dallas had a bye. 

Dallas D played the best I’ve seen this year for sure. The pass rush is making a difference and the DB’s are playing better as well. Eagle are playing great but it’s as much defense as it is offense. Wentz is playing great but I’m not sure he’s better then Dak.

if Dallas has Zeke in two weeks and Dez and Williams are ok then Dallas could beat Philly. 

It should be a very good game though. 

You know earlier in the year I thought Wentz got away with some stupid ish, and thought he was getting overhyped....but he's definitely a better passer than  Dak amd over the last 5-6 games has played near flawless. I can't  criticize him in any way. 

but I'm fine with Dak...dude is a good QB amd is more than good enough to win with in this league. In 9 games Wentz has what..24td's and 6 turnovers and he is considered the MVP so far? In 8 games Dak has 21 total td's and 4 turnovers...2 of which were passes that hit wr's dead in the hands. 

3 minutes ago, Stephen1 said:

You know earlier in the year I thought Wentz got away with some stupid ish, and thought he was getting overhyped....but he's definitely a better passer than  Dak amd over the last 5-6 games has played near flawless. I can't  criticize him in any way. 

but I'm fine with Dak...dude is a good QB amd is more than good enough to win with in this league. In 9 games Wentz has what..24td's and 6 turnovers and he is considered the MVP so far? In 8 games Dak has 21 total td's and 4 turnovers...2 of which were passes that hit wr's dead in the hands. 

You're forgetting the most important factor here.

Dak doesn't have a cool nickname like Wentzelvania!

8 minutes ago, gch said:

Stephen doesn’t ever give Dallas much slack. He’s pretty hard on his team. I’m worried about Dez and Williams injuries. If Zeke is out then without the RB, and two  best WR’s that’s pretty tough to take. 

My biggest problem is Garrett and Linehan, I think a good offeive coach could get so much more out of Dez, Zeke amd Dak. This offense is very un QB and Wr friendly.

worried about those too. Dez said he's fine amd will play next week...but you never know.

i may be a little down on Dallas, but I'm hyped about them going forward over the next few years.

3 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Wentz is a goofy cracker....I mean Dak is a pimp, he stole Jason Witten from Tony Romo

2 minutes ago, Stephen1 said:

Wentz is a goofy cracker....I mean Dak is a pimp, he stole Jason Witten from Tony Romo

That's racist!! :angry:

7 minutes ago, Stephen1 said:

the first two games, he had some questionable throws. particularly the pick 6 by washington. i think some of that was cause he was trying to get on the same page with a lot of the wrs on the team that he didnt have the year prior. since then he has been much better in terms of the decision making.

to me, i said this last year, i think with dak you saw him be as great as he was off the bat is because the offense was set in place when he stepped on the field week one. He had the line, running back and wide receivers. wentz last year was doing a lot of smoke and mirrors with the skill players we had and the oline injuries/suspensions they had. i think both are going to be really good QBs in this league for a while. I thought that during the draft. I didnt think Dak would be this good and i also didnt think wentz would be this great especially not this early. i thought both could be upper echelon QBs in the league. To me, Dak reminds me a lot of McNabb with more accuracy but not as powerful (if thats what youd call it) of a runner. I think Wentz is a combination of big ben-rodgers. i say that cause he is strong enough to get out of tackles and take some hits. but he also has improvisational skills like rodgers.

i think both are students of the game and have a love for the game, which sets them apart from a lot of the qbs that have failed coming into the league. i dont know enough about dak's off the field habits in terms of studying, but wentz is a guy that reminds me of peyton manning who always strives to know everything and watch every tape. he wants to know what you are doing before you do it and adjust cause of that. he reminds me of the really nerdy kid who just loves to study even though it is summer

5 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

the first two games, he had some questionable throws. particularly the pick 6 by washington. i think some of that was cause he was trying to get on the same page with a lot of the wrs on the team that he didnt have the year prior. since then he has been much better in terms of the decision making.

to me, i said this last year, i think with dak you saw him be as great as he was off the bat is because the offense was set in place when he stepped on the field week one. He had the line, running back and wide receivers. wentz last year was doing a lot of smoke and mirrors with the skill players we had and the oline injuries/suspensions they had. i think both are going to be really good QBs in this league for a while. I thought that during the draft. I didnt think Dak would be this good and i also didnt think wentz would be this great especially not this early. i thought both could be upper echelon QBs in the league. To me, Dak reminds me a lot of McNabb with more accuracy but not as powerful (if thats what youd call it) of a runner. I think Wentz is a combination of big ben-rodgers. i say that cause he is strong enough to get out of tackles and take some hits. but he also has improvisational skills like rodgers.

i think both are students of the game and have a love for the game, which sets them apart from a lot of the qbs that have failed coming into the league. i dont know enough about dak's off the field habits in terms of studying, but wentz is a guy that reminds me of peyton manning who always strives to know everything and watch every tape. he wants to know what you are doing before you do it and adjust cause of that. he reminds me of the really nerdy kid who just loves to study even though it is summer

Great post. I agree on your comparisons pd Dak/Mcbabb, Wentz/Big Ben/A-Rod. This scout I listen to was with philly when they drafted Mcnabb and works for DC.com, he said from day 1 that Dak reminded him a lot of Mcnabb, that he was a little more accurate, but a little less dynamic as a runner, but still put defenses in some bad spots when he got outside the pocket (like Mcnabb) and was also a guy who did not turn the ball over much, like Mcnabb. 

I think that's a great take on Wentz too, I see him as being a smarter version of Big Ben. He was the frame to put on 10-15 lbs as he gets older and when he does that she's going to be even scarier, he will be one of those guys that throws td's with guys hanging on his legs and ish. 

Dak is like Wentz, he eats and sleeps football, that's what sets them apart from a guy like RG3, he was great as a rookie, then didn't evolve his game...both Dak a,d Wentz came into this year with DC's watching film on them all offseason amd ready to take away what they do best and make them do things they struggled with last year, and both were ready. 

I don't fear Dallas.

they had some injuries today

zeke will probably be suspended

whatever injuries they sustain against Atlanta

Eagles off the bye 

Eagles are more balanced football team on both sides of ball

1 hour ago, Stephen1 said:

My biggest problem is Garrett and Linehan, I think a good offeive coach could get so much more out of Dez, Zeke amd Dak. This offense is very un QB and Wr friendly.

worried about those too. Dez said he's fine amd will play next week...but you never know.

i may be a little down on Dallas, but I'm hyped about them going forward over the next few years.

All the hype around Dez really confuses me. He's just not a game breaker, but still has the reputation of one. He hasn't had a 100 yard receiving game in how many years? I know the Boys are built to run the ball, but you would think on pure skill alone he would bust out once in a while, but nah. 

Also, the Dak-Wentz debate is over, no? They both produce at high levels and both teams are set at the position for years, but the eye test tells you one guys is better than the other. 

4 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

All the hype around Dez really confuses me. He's just not a game breaker, but still has the reputation of one. He hasn't had a 100 yard receiving game in how many years? I know the Boys are built to run the ball, but you would think on pure skill alone he would bust out once in a while, but nah. 

Also, the Dak-Wentz debate is over, no? They both produce at high levels and both teams are set at the position for years, but the eye test tells you one guys is better than the other. 

I think Dez misses Romo. Seems like he had much more chemistry with him.

Goddam Seattle and Kansas. Couldn't get the job done to really help us out!! Especially Seattle at home... And you watch them go and raise their game when we roll in to town.

4 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

yes but he also only QB to have a Strippers name for a first name and middle name  :D    Dakota Rayne  

52 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Goddam Seattle and Kansas. Couldn't get the job done to really help us out!! Especially Seattle at home... And you watch them go and raise their game when we roll in to town.

Seahags suck this year , Their record is better then they are because they played some very bad teams .

2 hours ago, NE.Jon said:

Seahags suck this year , Their record is better then they are because they played some very bad teams .

Hopefully we can go in to Seattle and pick up the W! If we can then I think it could be a huge statement to the rest of the NFL. In fact going in to Seattle, going to LA and beating Dallas in one of our games would be huge. 

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Seattle losing was actually better for us. 

4 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Seattle losing was actually better for us. 

I guess so actually yeah... It seems LA and NO are going to be the teams who push us for that top seed position. 

7 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

Dez is not a shifty guy that gets a lot of separation, Dallas should use him like AZ has used Fitz for years, a lot of drags, off pick plays etc, instead they sort of use him like Desean Jackson, which is against his skill set. Also, part of the reason his #’s have really dropped is Dak does not take a lot of chances, Romo Would fit balls into a tightly covered Dez, Dak looks somewhere else. While I partly agree with you, I think a lot of it is scheme, and there is a reason Dez still gets doubled a ton and even when playing good cb’s they leave a safety over the top.

I think i have conceded like 100 times to this point I think Wentz is better, but my gripe is the people who say "it’s not even close” or just try and rag on Dak in general. The guy is very good. I also just think it’s weird that being on pace for 41td’s/11to’s gets you locked in as the #1 MVP candidate and being on pace for 40/8 get people still saying you aren’t that good. 

37 minutes ago, Stephen1 said:

Dez is not a shifty guy that gets a lot of separation, Dallas should use him like AZ has used Fitz for years, a lot of drags, off pick plays etc, instead they sort of use him like Desean Jackson, which is against his skill set. Also, part of the reason his #’s have really dropped is Dak does not take a lot of chances, Romo Would fit balls into a tightly covered Dez, Dak looks somewhere else. While I partly agree with you, I think a lot of it is scheme, and there is a reason Dez still gets doubled a ton and even when playing good cb’s they leave a safety over the top.

I think i have conceded like 100 times to this point I think Wentz is better, but my gripe is the people who say "it’s not even close” or just try and rag on Dak in general. The guy is very good. I also just think it’s weird that being on pace for 41td’s/11to’s gets you locked in as the #1 MVP candidate and being on pace for 40/8 get people still saying you aren’t that good. 

It seems like there's this idea out there on both sides that one guy has to be leaps and bounds better than the other guy. They can both be really good quarterbacks and if they are then this division is in for some great football over the next decade. Add Goff to the mix and if all three keep progressing like they have been then the 2016 QB class is going to be looked at as one of the all time greats. 

I read an article last week about these young QB’s and who would they take as their franchise QB? The results were a little surprising  

2  took Goff

1 took Wentz

1 took Dak

We are all Monday morning QB’s that think we know more then the guys that make a living on football. Other then Cleveland we just think we know this game better then the coaches and GM’s in the league. 

It fun to talk about and some of us may have a better understanding of the game but teams would laugh at us if we interviewed for a job in the FO or coaching staff.

Have a great week guys and pray for the church families in Texas that were devastated by the shooter on Sunday morning. Such evil in the world we live in.

Its like people are being unfaithful to their team to admit a rival has a good QB .  Some is also lying to themselves to feel better about their team . Some are just trolls fishing with easy bait . 

1 hour ago, gch said:

I read an article last week about these young QB’s and who would they take as their franchise QB? The results were a little surprising  

2  took Goff

1 took Wentz

1 took Dak

We are all Monday morning QB’s that think we know more then the guys that make a living on football. Other then Cleveland we just think we know this game better then the coaches and GM’s in the league. 

It fun to talk about and some of us may have a better understanding of the game but teams would laugh at us if we interviewed for a job in the FO or coaching staff.

Have a great week guys and pray for the church families in Texas that were devastated by the shooter on Sunday morning. Such evil in the world we live in.

The three that didn't pick Wentz are obviously wrong. Duh.