Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] No Ertz, No Problem For Eagles Tight Ends

Have to say Celek made a statement yesterday and certainly made a case for why he should be used more in the passing game. He was superb and he was a real safety blanket for Wentz. 

I was saying this last year. Why are we not using Celek. Everyone was saying I had a bromance.

I just know what Celek has done in the past and can do if you give him a chance. He is a great blocker and the other two yahoos can't block if you put the guy right in front of them. I understand you have to protect Wentz, but we are missing out on a great talent by not utilizing him. He runs great routes and can get YAC.

I'll admit, i do have a bromance for Celek! He's always been one of my favorite guys. He's the ultimate team player. I secretly hold hope that Pederson has been keeping Celek in his back pocket for the home stretch. He had to use him due to Ertz' absence, but Celek is a massive secret weapon if you ask me. Teams have completely forgotten that he can do more than block.

On 11/6/2017 at 10:52 AM, bagger90 said:

I was saying this last year. Why are we not using Celek. Everyone was saying I had a bromance.

I just know what Celek has done in the past and can do if you give him a chance. He is a great blocker and the other two yahoos can't block if you put the guy right in front of them. I understand you have to protect Wentz, but we are missing out on a great talent by not utilizing him. He runs great routes and can get YAC.

I was on your train for that.He's a super good weapon,but also an EXCELLENT blocker.last year while wentz was in learning mode,it was important to protect your "franchise"