wyote

Is the Cowboys defense good?

21 minutes ago, eagle-mike said:

Cowboys have 2 playoff wins in the last 20 years.  The Eagles have 10.  Something tells me the next 15 years are going to be even better for Philly.  This sig will expire in 2 months.

Bragging about playoff wins that happened o a decade and two hc’s ago...you are practically  a cowboys fan

43 minutes ago, Stephen1 said:

Bragging about playoff wins that happened o a decade and two hc’s ago...you are practically  a cowboys fan

except 

Related imageImage result for cowboys fans lol

Image result for cowboys fans lolRelated image

15 hours ago, Stephen1 said:

Wasn't bragging.  Was merely pointing out Cowboys fan clinging to one insignificant playoff win in 20 years because its the last win in the NFC east is: 

a) desperate

b) will be removed in 2 months because it won't be the last one.  That one will be the Eagles and whatever teams they annihilate in early 2018.

2 minutes ago, eagle-mike said:

Wasn't bragging.  Was merely pointing out Cowboys fan clinging to one insignificant playoff win in 20 years because its the last win in the NFC east is: 

a) desperate

b) will be removed in 2 months because it won't be the last one.  That one will be the Eagles and whatever teams they annihilate in early 2018.

2 playoff wins in 20 years you sob!!! Lol

but dallas has been to the playoffs twice and won a playoff game since Philly last won a playoff game, so you can’t really talk playoff success until you win a playoff game (which Philly should do this year)

Real talk,  over the last decade these teams have basically been the same. I think their in season records have been about equal, number of nfc east titles, same number of playoff wins. Neither fan base has any room to Puff up out their chest. 

9 minutes ago, Stephen1 said:

2 playoff wins in 20 years you sob!!! Lol

but dallas has been to the playoffs twice and won a playoff game since Philly last won a playoff game, so you can’t really talk playoff success until you win a playoff game (which Philly should do this year)

Real talk,  over the last decade these teams have basically been the same. I think their in season records have been about equal, number of nfc east titles, same number of playoff wins. Neither fan base has any room to Puff up out their chest. 

NFCE has consistently one of the hardest divisions in NFL .  COuld you imagine if the NFCE teams were split up and put into some of these other pathetic ones ?

1 hour ago, NE.Jon said:

NFCE has consistently one of the hardest divisions in NFL .  COuld you imagine if the NFCE teams were split up and put into some of these other pathetic ones ?

no kidding! oh to be in the AFC South....lol

23 hours ago, NE.Jon said:

Do we? Last year the divisionhad four pretty good teams. No playoff wins. 2015...skins won the divsion at 9-7. Pathetic division that year. 2014...Cowboys and eagles decent neither great. Dallas one playoff win then done. Eagles missed at 10-6 so other divisions were obviously tougher. 2013 We win at 10-6. No other playoff teams. 1 and done. 2012 skins 10-6. One and done no other qualifiers. 2011 9-7 giants win the poop division again. Sure they won the bowl but they were a poop team that got lucky. 2010 we won at 10-6. One and done.

In the 2010s the nfc east has  produced 2 playoff teams just once. Hard to argue weve been consistently one of the toughest. We did get 3 teams in in 07, 2 08, and 2 in 09 but in this decade...only last year did we get 2 teams in. Neither won a game.

2 hours ago, bobbywizdum said:

Do we? Last year the divisionhad four pretty good teams. No playoff wins. 2015...skins won the divsion at 9-7. Pathetic division that year. 2014...Cowboys and eagles decent neither great. Dallas one playoff win then done. Eagles missed at 10-6 so other divisions were obviously tougher. 2013 We win at 10-6. No other playoff teams. 1 and done. 2012 skins 10-6. One and done no other qualifiers. 2011 9-7 giants win the poop division again. Sure they won the bowl but they were a poop team that got lucky. 2010 we won at 10-6. One and done.

In the 2010s the nfc east has  produced 2 playoff teams just once. Hard to argue weve been consistently one of the toughest. We did get 3 teams in in 07, 2 08, and 2 in 09 but in this decade...only last year did we get 2 teams in. Neither won a game.

The division wasn't that great in the early 2000's either. Actually after 95 till 2000 wasn't that spectacular. Cowboys had been dismantled , eagles had 2 10-6 teams then crap. Giants didn't do much of anything and the Redskins became the joke they are now. Then 2000 till 2008 it was dominated by the eagles with a couple of decent years for the cowboys and a few for the Giants. 

The last time all 3 were really good was like late 80's till 95. That's when most of the super bowls were won in the division except the eagles but they were still always in the mix

Whether this Dallas defense is good or not... And for the record I don't think it is a good defense. One things for sure, they are going to have their hands full on Sunday. 

They are going to be attacked through the air and on the ground. They can be attacked on the short pass, the middle of the field and the deep ball. Wentz can roll out and hurt them with his feet. They aren't going to know what hole to plug first. 

I think this defense is going to come out hungry ...  But  will be shut down by half time and worn out if we can win TOP . I dont think that will be too much of a problem  unless we keep scoring too fast .

i pretty much see philly coming out, running the ball down Dallas' throat, then killing them with play action. Dallas might come out full of piss and vinegar, but that will wear off after a few 3 and outs by the Dallas offense, then it will be a beat down

3 minutes ago, Stephen1 said:

i pretty much see philly coming out, running the ball down Dallas' throat, then killing them with play action. Dallas might come out full of piss and vinegar, but that will wear off after a few 3 and outs by the Dallas offense, then it will be a beat down

At least you're honest bud! Because I personally am having a hard time to see anything other than a Philly win. I mean having Zeke, Smith AND Lee out is huge. That changes so much on both sides of the ball for you. It means you can't control possession, can't keep Dak from getting hit and are going to have a hard time getting your defense off the field. 

Unless something very strange goes on or we come out completely flat and never get going I just think we are going to win by 10+.

35 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

At least you're honest bud! Because I personally am having a hard time to see anything other than a Philly win. I mean having Zeke, Smith AND Lee out is huge. That changes so much on both sides of the ball for you. It means you can't control possession, can't keep Dak from getting hit and are going to have a hard time getting your defense off the field. 

Unless something very strange goes on or we come out completely flat and never get going I just think we are going to win by 10+.

yup, I'm usually pessimistic...and I think Philly is still the better team if all three are playing, so i'm not making an excuse. If Dallas was healthy in this game, I'd still pick Philly

That said, in breaking down the game, if Smith and Lee were playing, I would be able to see a scenario where the Dallas D can slow them down a little and maybe Philly comes out a little rusty, Dallas gets a turnover or two, the Dallas offense protects Dak, they move the ball a little....and don't turn it over, and Dallas eeeks one out.

but that ain't happening.