D-Shiznit

ESPN: Jerry Jones threatens to sue NFL if Roger Goodell's contract extension is approved

Sounds like you are mad at Kap and attributing every player that takes a knee during the anthem to Kap.

Last i checked Kap hasnt taken a knee at your precious paid for by the military recruitment televised anthem for a while since he isnt on the sidelines anymore.

As for what he does on his free time has nothing to do with current nfl players kneeling or raising a fist in protest.

As for America being better than anywhere why are we better.

What is america great at?

Globally we are number 1 in two things.

Military spending and incarceration of our own citizens.

We spend more on military then the next 4 countries combined, and just approved 700 billion to military budget, but hey america doesnt have money for education and heath care just war.?

And then like i said we incarcerate more of our own citizens than any other country the majority of them minorities in for profit prisons.

But yeah i think athletes kneeling during a military recruitment dispaly is worth getting upset about.?

33 minutes ago, Excel said:

Kaepernick took a knee because he was benched, and looking for attention. This guy kissed himself every time he made a big play do you actually believe he gives a damn about anyone other than himself?

He changes the reasons why he started taking a knee routinely, and now he's stuck trying to justify his actions by molding himself into something he's not a civil rights advocate. Fact is he's nothing but a clown. The son of a white woman adopted  and raised by a rich white family. Mr. Kaepernick has lived a privileged life that not even growing an Afro and all the sudden claiming he's oppressed, and a victim will change.

He wasnt claiming he is oppressed. No nfl player is they are protesting because others are oppressed.

I agree kap has been a clown and as such has hurt his cause but every one else kneeling or raising a fist or taking a seat are not Kap and are not protesting an anthem or a flag they are protesting social injustice by making a physical demonstration to bring awareness to a cause.

Its not a tough concept.

2 hours ago, Excel said:

The tickets are too high. The concessions are too high. The players are making too much. The owners are getting too much. TV contracts are too high leading to higher cable bills. Merchandise is too high.

When the compensation committee was formed the NFL wasn't having an image problem. Elliott suspension coincides with the further deterioration in NFL popularity, and the unpopular stance Goodell has taken not giving teeth to existing NFL code of conduct policies. I don't discount the Elliott suspension having an impact. I believe Jerry Jones is much more concerned with the state of the NFL, and its revenue than any suspension to players.

I agree on the tickets, concessions and such. Those are on the owners of the individual teams though, so that just is what it is. But I do agree on those points. Not that I'm anywhere near a stadium to be able to go to a game, but I am on the Eagles Season Ticket waiting list. If my name came up, I'd probably decline now though. My back is too bad to do all that traveling. Though, if I did come up on the list, I might buy them, sell the ones I don't want and keep one or two for myself. No worries on that though, I was like 15,000+ a few years ago. My number won't come up during my lifetime.

I disagree abut the NFL not having an image problem when the committee was formed. It has continued to degrade since then, yes. But it was a definite issue back in May. But for Jones, the biggest change since May is Elliott. I'm sure you read what Jerry said to Goodell after he told him that Elliott was to be suspended. He immediately threatened to 'get' him.

Maybe there's other valid issues, I just wish Jerry had been man enough to keep it behind closed doors. I don't like how he's doing things in public, so I think he needs a very public smackdown.

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I agree on the tickets, concessions and such. Those are on the owners of the individual teams though, so that just is what it is. But I do agree on those points. Not that I'm anywhere near a stadium to be able to go to a game, but I am on the Eagles Season Ticket waiting list. If my name came up, I'd probably decline now though. My back is too bad to do all that traveling. Though, if I did come up on the list, I might buy them, sell the ones I don't want and keep one or two for myself. No worries on that though, I was like 15,000+ a few years ago. My number won't come up during my lifetime.

I disagree abut the NFL not having an image problem when the committee was formed. It has continued to degrade since then, yes. But it was a definite issue back in May. But for Jones, the biggest change since May is Elliott. I'm sure you read what Jerry said to Goodell after he told him that Elliott was to be suspended. He immediately threatened to 'get' him.

Maybe there's other valid issues, I just wish Jerry had been man enough to keep it behind closed doors. I don't like how he's doing things in public, so I think he needs a very public smackdown.

I think JJ saying this morning that he would not sue the NFL or other owners over this is pretty much a public smackdown...it's obvious someone put him in his place to some degree

I think it's obvious this is driven largely by the commish suspending Zeke....but does it matter? I mean he's right.

#1 The NFL ran a dirty investigation and it's obvious it's mission was not to find the truth, but to find dirt and suspend Zeke. One league insider said that the Goodell decided the punishment then conducted the investigation to support what he had already decided to do. Is that not detrimental to the NFL and it's players?...and it's not the only gripe to have with Goodell, he's butchered every high profile issue

#2 Sure it's self serving for Jones, but I mean no owner would stand up and fight Goodell over anything that wasn't in their best interest.  I mean Kraft went after him....for the good of the NFL? No, for his QB and his team...but no matter the motive, had Kraft been able to smack Goodell down or if Jones is, it would be good for the NFL.

# 3 Goodell works for the owners...JJ being one of those owners. Goodell lied to JJ straight up about Zeke to get his endorsement for a new contract. Could you or anyone else purposely lie to your boss or bosses to get something you wanted, flip the script on them after the fact there not be consequences? 

Just now, Stephen1 said:

I think JJ saying this morning that he would not sue the NFL or other owners over this is pretty much a public smackdown...it's obvious someone put him in his place to some degree

I think it's obvious this is driven largely by the commish suspending Zeke....but does it matter? I mean he's right.

#1 The NFL ran a dirty investigation and it's obvious it's mission was not to find the truth, but to find dirt and suspend Zeke. One league insider said that the Goodell decided the punishment then conducted the investigation to support what he had already decided to do. Is that not detrimental to the NFL and it's players?...and it's not the only gripe to have with Goodell, he's butchered every high profile issue

#2 Sure it's self serving for Jones, but I mean no owner would stand up and fight Goodell over anything that wasn't in their best interest.  I mean Kraft went after him....for the good of the NFL? No, for his QB and his team...but no matter the motive, had Kraft been able to smack Goodell down or if Jones is, it would be good for the NFL.

# 3 Goodell works for the owners...JJ being one of those owners. Goodell lied to JJ straight up about Zeke to get his endorsement for a new contract. Could you or anyone else purposely lie to your boss or bosses to get something you wanted, flip the script on them after the fact there not be consequences? 

Yeah, how you do things does matter. Taking 'dirty laundry' public with threats to sue, is dead wrong.

I honestly haven't looked into any of the details of the investigation, the abuse claims or any of that sort of stuff. If Elliott hit tha woman even once, as opposed to beating her for 6 straight days, then his punishment is more than deserved and he's lucky to even be in the league at all.

Remember, while Kraft went after him, he's on the Compensation Committee. So if there's an axe to grind, he's there to run the grinder. He apparently doesn't view Goodell's job performance as lacking (if he approves of the extension).

Yes, Goodell works for the owners. Jones being one of them. He's one thirty-second of the decision makers. He's acting as if he's 'the man', and it's all about him and what he says. He's the 'Ranking Owner', as he apparently likes to call himself. Well that doesn't go over too well with the 31 other owners.  

To me, it's just hypocrisy on Jones part to be completely happy with Goodell in May, then a short time later when one of his players gets disciplined, he turns into a demon who is out for revenge. Then apparently lies about it by proclaiming that it has nothing to do with Elliott. Everyone knows it has everything to do with Elliott.

I'm no Goodell fan, it wouldn't bother me in the least if they didn't renew his contract at all. I'd love to see Condi Rice get the job. I think she'd be a great commissioner.  

3 hours ago, Utebird said:

Sounds like you are mad at Kap and attributing every player that takes a knee during the anthem to Kap.

Last i checked Kap hasnt taken a knee at your precious paid for by the military recruitment televised anthem for a while since he isnt on the sidelines anymore.

As for what he does on his free time has nothing to do with current nfl players kneeling or raising a fist in protest.

We spend more on military then the next 4 countries combined, and just approved 700 billion to military budget, but hey america doesnt have money for education and heath care just war.?

And then like i said we incarcerate more of our own citizens than any other country the majority of them minorities in for profit prisons.

But yeah i think athletes kneeling during a military recruitment dispaly is worth getting upset about.?

Bravo!

2 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Yeah, how you do things does matter. Taking 'dirty laundry' public with threats to sue, is dead wrong.

I honestly haven't looked into any of the details of the investigation, the abuse claims or any of that sort of stuff. If Elliott hit tha woman even once, as opposed to beating her for 6 straight days, then his punishment is more than deserved and he's lucky to even be in the league at all.

Remember, while Kraft went after him, he's on the Compensation Committee. So if there's an axe to grind, he's there to run the grinder. He apparently doesn't view Goodell's job performance as lacking (if he approves of the extension).

Yes, Goodell works for the owners. Jones being one of them. He's one thirty-second of the decision makers. He's acting as if he's 'the man', and it's all about him and what he says. He's the 'Ranking Owner', as he apparently likes to call himself. Well that doesn't go over too well with the 31 other owners.  

To me, it's just hypocrisy on Jones part to be completely happy with Goodell in May, then a short time later when one of his players gets disciplined, he turns into a demon who is out for revenge. Then apparently lies about it by proclaiming that it has nothing to do with Elliott. Everyone knows it has everything to do with Elliott.

I'm no Goodell fan, it wouldn't bother me in the least if they didn't renew his contract at all. I'd love to see Condi Rice get the job. I think she'd be a great commissioner.  

yeah, look into the details of the investigation. There is no evidence he hit her once or ever did anything to her period. I mean every league insider and "expert" who looks at the case says there is no grounds for suspension relative to DV. (many said he deserved it for pulling the gilrs top up and I agree)  But ignoring that, look into the actual way the NFL conducted the instigation and the appeal.

During the appeal process, the NFL (Goodell) tried to block the accuser's testimony from being allowed into court and the only person ever to interview her (the NFL's lead investigator) from testifying saying that the lead investigator agreed with everything in the report and  it was not needed. The judge says if you aren't going to allow the accusers testimony, I want the lead investigator and only person to interview her to tell us why she thinks Zeke is guilty......so the NFL lead investigator gets up there and says she did not think Zeke was guilty and recommended no suspension and that she was then uninvited to the rest of the meetings relative to Zeke.

so Goodell lies to an owner, then tries to lie in court about his investigators findings relative to the incident....that borders are criminal.

In the NFL's explanation as to why they suspended Zeke they gave 2 reasons

1. they said they found the accuser, to be more believable than Zeke. Which is illogical because the only person that met with both of them (lead investigator) did not believe her. So how did Goodell or anyone else find her to be more believable if they never met with her?

2. Two medical examiner reports that said the bruises on her arm were consistent with abuse and happened during the time she was with Zeke.....The NFL tried to block those ME's from testifying (notice a trend?) and then when ordered to brought one and claimed the other ME was unavailable because she was in the hospital. Turns out the one ME was not in the hospital and the NFL acknowledged that, the ME that showed up agreed under cross examining that there no science available that can determine the cause of a bruise or the time it occurred accurately

I mean jesus h christ, the whole thing was full of ineptness and deceit. If you are part owner in a business would you want a guy  like that managing everything? A guy that not only runs an inept investigation (not actually meeting with everyone, not understanding the science they quote as evidence) but one that acts in such a deceitful manner, i mean forget that he lied to JJ, his job is to investigate players, find the truth and punish them based on that.. he had his lawyers flat out lie on multiple occasions and tried to hide evidence...usually it's the accused trying to block evidence, not the investigator, no? So who was looking for the truth?

you really want that guy to wield unchecked power?

The other owners want to keep Goodell because the CBA is coming up and Goodell for all his faults crushed the players union last time. That's what they are concerned about. Which is as self serving as JJ's motives

10 hours ago, Utebird said:

If all those unjustly incarcerated citizens are set free, can they stay at your place? 

How many people are trying to get into the USA, versus how many trying to get out?  That will tell you all you need to know about how bad it is here.

11 hours ago, Mortimer said:

If all those unjustly incarcerated citizens are set free, can they stay at your place? 

How many people are trying to get into the USA, versus how many trying to get out?  That will tell you all you need to know about how bad it is here.

I already pay for their room and board.

New study released shows, to house an inmate for a year cost about the same as a years tuition in college.

Id rather send them to college.

As for refugees and immigrants yes america has more opportunities than countries that are war torn or dont have access to basic resources like clean water and food but so do plenty of other countries. Difference is other countries have stricter boarder restrictions. 

If one looks at mexican immigrants they arent coming because america is the best they come to america because of it close proximity. 

If you want to believe america is number one thats your choice yet stats and studies show america is number one at two things. Military spending and incarceration.

Im guessing you also believe cowboys are americas team?

On 11/9/2017 at 7:02 AM, Stephen1 said:

the city of philly went nuts when they heard about it, then the philly front office changed their mind....that's hardly caring about a guy.

I don't know if I ever heard of a big company/corporation that truly cares for its employees.  They all say they do.  But it's window dressing 99.9999% of the time. 

At my work hey closed the city services down for 2 weeks during the holidays the last 5 years.  We get 4 paid days for xmas and New Years but have to burn 6 days of vacation time to cover the rest.

Their reason.... "so we can spend time with our family"

lmao.  Everyone knows it's their way of chipping away at our vacation banked so they don't have to cut big checks when we retire.  

9 hours ago, SNOORDA said:

I don't know if I ever heard of a big company/corporation that truly cares for its employees.  They all say they do.  But it's window dressing 99.9999% of the time. 

At my work hey closed the city services down for 2 weeks during the holidays the last 5 years.  We get 4 paid days for xmas and New Years but have to burn 6 days of vacation time to cover the rest.

Their reason.... "so we can spend time with our family"

lmao.  Everyone knows it's their way of chipping away at our vacation banked so they don't have to cut big checks when we retire.  

Oh yeah, I don’t think most big companies do, but the person I was originally arguing with acted JJ was scum and held Howie and company up as great guys....they aren’t....

as a matter of fact, as much as i would not mind JJ selling the team because he’s held them back...he’s actually pretty good to the players, and i don’t mean just the good players. There have been quite a few players, I mean jags...guys who barely played  and were nobodies that he helped once they were out of the league with medical bills and jobs. 

New contract for Roger Goodell has been signed

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/06/new-contract-for-roger-goodell-has-been-signed/

The Commissioner finally has a new contract.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the NFL’s Compensation Committee has informed all owners that a new contract for Commissioner Roger Goodell has been executed.

The memorandum to all owners explains that a "binding contract extension has been signed by the Commissioner and by Arthur Blank, on behalf of the League entities.” The memo also cites the existence of a "nearly unanimous consensus” among the owners in favor of finalizing the extension now.

The Compensation Committee received unanimous authorization from the owners in May 2017 to execute the contract. Since then, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has been working to delay and/or derail the process. He had four or five other owners on his side, at most. Ultimately, it wasn’t enough to keep the contract from being executed.

Execution of Goodell deal limits Jerry Jones’ options

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/06/execution-of-goodell-deal-limits-jerry-jones-options/

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones seemed to be under the impression that the owners would have one last chance to debate the proposed contract extension for Commissioner Roger Goodell before the contract became finalized. Now that the contract has been finalized, Jones’ options are dramatically limited.

Before the Compensation Committee signed a binding contract with Goodell, Jones simply needed to recruit 23 owners to revise or rescind the resolution from May that authorized the Committee to execute the contract. Now that a binding deal has been executed by the NFL and Goodell, any effort to scrap the deal would be subject to the contractual rights that Goodell has secured via the new deal, triggering at a minimum whatever buyout provisions were negotiated.

But if Jones was indeed under the impression that he’d have one last chance to recruit enough owners to kill the deal — and if it was with that belief that he abandoned his threat to file suit — litigation could potentially be back on the table, with an effort to use the court system to invalidate the deal.

However it plays out, look for Jones to have something to say about it, sooner or later.

Well there we go Goodell got what he wanted and probabaly a plane and health care thrown in at signing. If the league continues its downward path then the owners can blame each other for allowing this to happen. The owners couldn’t wait to get him signed and throw it in Jones face. They are to blame if things go south. 

35 minutes ago, gch said:

Well there we go Goodell got what he wanted and probabaly a plane ...

You understand that he wasn't asking for 'a plane', right? He was asking for access to the league's charter plane service contract for which he would personally pay for any usage that he would partake in, out of his own funds.

13 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

You understand that he wasn't asking for 'a plane', right? He was asking for access to the league's charter plane service contract for which he would personally pay for any usage that he would partake in, out of his own funds.

So he's made what, $500m as commissioner and he's nickel and diming over private plane fees?  It's even more stupid in the proper context.

1 hour ago, dawkins4prez said:

So he's made what, $500m as commissioner and he's nickel and diming over private plane fees?  It's even more stupid in the proper context.

So you wouldn't try to get all that you could, in a negotiation?

2 hours ago, gch said:

Well there we go Goodell got what he wanted and probabaly a plane and health care thrown in at signing. If the league continues its downward path then the owners can blame each other for allowing this to happen. The owners couldn’t wait to get him signed and throw it in Jones face. They are to blame if things go south. 

Stop pretending Jones was against the signing for anything other than the Elliot suspension 

On 12/2/2017 at 9:56 PM, Stephen1 said:

Oh yeah, I don’t think most big companies do, but the person I was originally arguing with acted JJ was scum and held Howie and company up as great guys....they aren’t....

as a matter of fact, as much as i would not mind JJ selling the team because he’s held them back...he’s actually pretty good to the players, and i don’t mean just the good players. There have been quite a few players, I mean jags...guys who barely played  and were nobodies that he helped once they were out of the league with medical bills and jobs. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/sports/amp/lucky-whitehead-cut-cowboys-wrongly-accused-shoplifting-case-n786441

yep he helped this guy out 

12 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

So you wouldn't try to get all that you could, in a negotiation?

Kudos to him for getting his.  I'm just saying the contract is beyond ridiculous for the guy who has been BY A MILE the worst major sports commissioner of my lifetime.  He has sullied the shield and turned decades of mined gold into lead.

2 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

Kudos to him for getting his.  I'm just saying the contract is beyond ridiculous for the guy who has been BY A MILE the worst major sports commissioner of my lifetime.  He has sullied the shield and turned decades of mined gold into lead.

If his employers gave it to him then it wasn't ridiculous. It was reasonable.

As for his job performance, you and I look at him as fans of the NFL. He's not there for us and he, as Commissioner, only cares about us (the fans) in as much as we spend money or watch games. He's there to do the owners bidding. They unanimously voted to give him a contract extension in May, so all 32 of them were happy enough with him as commissioner to offer to extend his contract.

If they (his employers) thought that he was the 'worst' commissioner on the past 25 to 40 years (or however old you are), they wouldn't have offered to give him an extension. They'd have let his contract expire and moved on.

As I've said before, I'd like to see Condi Rice get the job. I think she'd be a good commissioner, and I know she wants (or at least wanted) the job. She loves football.

On 12/6/2017 at 8:46 PM, lorddevn said:

Stop pretending Jones was against the signing for anything other than the Elliot suspension 

I think your wrong about Elliot being the reason. I think it might have been the tipping point though for Jerry. 

JJ’s life is NFL football and the Cowboys are his baby. No owner works harder to make the league better and more profitable then Jerry Jones does. Look at how he handled the anthem issue with his team. He cares about the image of the league and how it handles its business. Profits are the most important thing to these owners and that’s why he wants this problem fixed as soon as possible. And if Goodell did lie to Jones then I could understand his issues with the contract. 

Its over with now so we can all move on. 

34 minutes ago, gch said:

I think your wrong about Elliot being the reason. I think it might have been the tipping point though for Jerry. 

If Elliott being punished for his actions was the 'tipping point' then Elliott is the reason because without his punishment, Jones was a 'happy camper' and voted for the extension.

4 hours ago, gch said:

JJ’s life is NFL football and the Cowboys are his baby. No owner works harder to make the league better and more profitable then Jerry Jones does. Look at how he handled the anthem issue with his team. He cares about the image of the league and how it handles its business. Profits are the most important thing to these owners and that’s why he wants this problem fixed as soon as possible. And if Goodell did lie to Jones then I could understand his issues with the contract. 

Its over with now so we can all move on. 

He was all in favor of it. Elliot gets suspended and he starts spewing lies about the contract negotiation to make goodell look bad (which isn’t hard). They finally accept they can’t win and Elliot gives up. You don’t hear anything from him about the contract anymore. 

But keep pretending he cares about the football other than his own prescious team

Well when Goodell tells Jerry he needs his vote of approval and to not worry because Elliott won't be suspended then yea! Jerry feels used and abused and betrayed!