NE.Jon

NFL investigating Jameis Winston for allegedly groping an Uber driver

2 minutes ago, SNOORDA said:

Yeah i watched a special about him off the field and really was impressed on his character.  Was it just that?  A Character?

Image result for jameis winston idiot meme

2 hours ago, NE.Jon said:

did you see the team looking at him like WTF ....  Djax in the background like  why the hell did I come here . NFL tried to make him look liek a great leader this summer ..... He showed he is a good athlete that is still struggling  to adapt to NFL 

I don't blame DJax. He was thinking I have to catch the ball after my quarterback just slobbered all over his hands which will then be in contact with the ball.

1 hour ago, SNOORDA said:

Yeah i watched a special about him off the field and really was impressed on his character.  Was it just that?  A Character?

Yes. I wouldn't classify Winston on Ryan Leaf level of immaturity, but he does harness some of those characteristics.

9 hours ago, bwestbrook36 said:

I thought he would mature but, clearly he hasnt and neither has his play on the field. I give him another year or 2 before he is just a back up. 

Meanwhile Mike Vick is still working on cleaning up the mistakes he made. He actually just completed paying back all the dept he owed which was in the millions. Vick could have just easily filed for bankruptcy. 

He did file backruptcy. Chapter 13. 

1 hour ago, bwestbrook36 said:

Chapter 13 requires you to pay most of it back

people often confuse with chapter 7 

18 minutes ago, NE.Jon said:

people often confuse with chapter 7 

Yes. Mike Vick actually paid back 17.4 million back of the 17.6 he owed. 

Apparently, Ron Darby is backing up Winston, saying he was also in the car, and no one touched her.

Per NFLN earlier this morning.

31 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Apparently, Ron Darby is backing up Winston, saying he was also in the car, and no one touched her.

Per NFLN earlier this morning.

Gee what a suprise a former teammate backing him up. It may or may not of happened but, him as a witness doesn't really mean anything. Especially considering Winstons past

2 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

Gee what a suprise a former teammate backing him up. It may or may not of happened but, him as a witness doesn't really mean anything. Especially considering Winstons past

So because of darby we know it happened in AZ  and both Darby and Winston in backseat ..... who was in the front ?

20 minutes ago, NE.Jon said:

So because of darby we know it happened in AZ  and both Darby and Winston in backseat ..... who was in the front ?

My guess is a former college teammate. There is already a huge hole in the story with the driver originally saying it was just Winston while Darby is saying their were 3 like Winston. Apparently Uber had a record of 3 passengers on the ride as well.

Eagles' Darby vouches for Winston's innocence http://es.pn/2mH6OXN
via @ESPN App http://es.pn/app

ESPN article I just read. 

5 hours ago, NE.Jon said:

That's what I mean. They are gonna stick up for each other. So looks like both parties could be making up crap

Sounds like he said/she said. Winston has someone vouching for him, but his past haunts him too. 

A dash cam showing him in the front seat would be helpful.

you better not be bullsh*itting Ronald.. that's all I got to say. Don't stick up for your boy just because

On 11/18/2017 at 12:45 PM, NE.Jon said:

Called The Hunting Grounds 

Eh... I would go easy on calling that a documentary.

The film profiled some notable campus rapes with Winston's getting the most attention and some the others like UVA and Mattress Girl were proven false after it was released.

2 minutes ago, vincent_NJG said:

Eh... I would go easy on calling that a documentary.

The film profiled some notable campus rapes with Winston's getting the most attention and some the others like UVA and Mattress Girl were proven false after it was released.

didnt say it was the bible ,  but its worth a watch . Especially for people that did not go to big name colleges.   It was brought up in another thread about how much players get away with in schools. I went to WVU and it was shocking how these kids acted at times .  I was a little bit older  as I had already served 4 years in the Marines by that time 

23 minutes ago, NE.Jon said:

didnt say it was the bible ,  but its worth a watch . Especially for people that did not go to big name colleges.   It was brought up in another thread about how much players get away with in schools. I went to WVU and it was shocking how these kids acted at times .  I was a little bit older  as I had already served 4 years in the Marines by that time 

Very true.

Especially the athletes. The golden boys who get a free pass because they wear the school logo on the field.

Countless stories of this in high school

The Stubbenville rapist was given a standing ovation when he returned to the field.

The other side though is that we do see situations like Brian Banks/Duke Lacrosse, etc.

Thank you for your service btw

On 11/19/2017 at 7:41 AM, Mat said:

My guess is a former college teammate. There is already a huge hole in the story with the driver originally saying it was just Winston while Darby is saying their were 3 like Winston. Apparently Uber had a record of 3 passengers on the ride as well.

Eagles' Darby vouches for Winston's innocence http://es.pn/2mH6OXN
via @ESPN App http://es.pn/app

ESPN article I just read. 

This is just a bad look on so many different fronts.

First, I do think that women end up in the situation far more often then we as a society like to admit.  So I don't think it's any stretch of the imagination that Winston, who has a past behaviour would be capable of this.

But on the flip side, the women do themselves no favours when they come forward with this when it looks like they are just fundamentally lying.  They will end up getting eaten in the press.  Saying there was only 1 person, when the record on Uber shows 3 and there's another person saying "hey your story doesn't add up at all" ends up hurting the credibility of anyone else that wants to come forward.

If Darby says he didn't do it, then I believe him.

But check the allegation again... The uber driver says he reached over and grabbed her for 3-5 seconds. That's it. (It took me longer than that to write this post.) Unless the uber driver said something or did something in the moment, Darby may have been sitting in the back seat the entire time and not realized what was happening.

On 11/19/2017 at 1:44 AM, bwestbrook36 said:

Yes. Mike Vick actually paid back 17.4 million back of the 17.6 he owed. 

Yes. Home owners cant file chapter 7. Thats not the right percentage. Chapter 13 requires you to pay back 70% 

1 minute ago, bobbywizdum said:

Yes. Home owners cant file chapter 7. Thats not the right percentage. Chapter 13 requires you to pay back 70% 

Well the article said that is what he paid back. So idk

I was ready to flame winston because hes a tool but too many holes in this womens story that dont add up, which is sad because it lessens the credibility of those who do share their shame when being victimized.