wrestlevessel

Reid Is Incompetent

But but but but but but...he’s a GREAT coach.

I said it in ‘02. He will NEVER win a Super Bowl.

The entire AFC is weak as hell. The Patriots clinched a berth to the Super Bowl. 

The Chargers have talent but are just the most snake bitten team ever. The Broncos haven't won a game since losing to the Giants and are just abysmal. The Raiders are down, but still could get that 6 seed since the AFC is so weak.

Lets look at the other divisions.....

AFC East: Patriots clinched, Bills blown out 3 weeks in a row. Probably go 6-10 at this point, Dolphins are much worse than that 4-6 record shows, the Jets are playing okay considering how little talent they have. However, they aren't very good either.

AFC North: Steelers are 8-2 and haven't even looked that great. The obvious 2 seed in the AFC. Ravens are okay but the offense is pathetic right now. Bengals suck, Browns are going 0-16 or 1-15 at best.

AFC South: Jaguars have an awesome defense but their QB still sucks and they have a cream puff schedule. Did anyone see the remaining schedule. Don't be surprised if the Jaguars go 12-4. Titans aren't a very good team but still should make the playoffs because of how bad the AFC is. The Texans finally found a QB and he got hurt. They suck. The Colts are crap and Pagano will be fired this year.

1 hour ago, wrestlevessel said:

Andy Reid is still incompetent. He lost to the hapless Giants, and now has lost 4 out of 5 games. Time to bench Alex Smith and put in that Mahomes guy. 

The Giants have won a grand total of 2 games, and you still probably kicked the hell out of the dog tonight, didn't you? :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, wrestlevessel said:

Andy Reid is still incompetent. He lost to the hapless Giants, and now has lost 4 out of 5 games. Time to bench Alex Smith and put in that Mahomes guy. 

I disagree. Andy still bleeds green, at heart. He fell on his sword tonight to make the Giants draft pick just a little lower in the order.

11 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I disagree. Andy still bleeds green, at heart. He fell on his sword tonight to make the Giants draft pick just a little lower in the order.

It hasn't moved from the #3 spot, even after the win;)

4 minutes ago, Gmen4ever said:

I didn't say Andy was bright, just that his heart was in the right place... Eagle_smiley.jpg

6 hours ago, No1BirdsFan said:

But but but but but but...he’s a GREAT coach.

I said it in ‘02. He will NEVER win a Super Bowl.

It has now become insulting to compare Doug Pederson to Andy Reid.   Pederson adjusts his game plan during halftime, he's consistently done this since 2016.  Andy Reid is same ol' Andy.   "My pregame plan is what I'm sticking to and I'm convinced it will work, eventually".   Reid obviously never read any books on military history.  The first shot in battle is when the pre battle (game) strategy plan is thrown out the window.   I feared last night Pederson would fall into the Andy Reid trap against Dallas.   Once again, the Eagles rip off 30 points, shut out the Cowboys in the second half, and the game was over before the two minute warning.   

That has to be the most mind-boggling score in the ticker this week. Last week we were talking about how the Giants gave up, McAdoo is getting fired, Giants are playing with a depleted team... And the Chiefs lose to that wreck?

13 hours ago, wrestlevessel said:

The entire AFC is weak as hell. The Patriots clinched a berth to the Super Bowl.

Steelers say not so fast... A convincing win over Titans on Thursday. They host the Patriots in a couple of weeks which could decide HFA in the AFC. It looks like the Steelers have the pieces on both sides of the ball, but haven't played up to potential yet. If they turn it on watch out.

But yeah, that's it. It's the Pats and Steelers in the AFC this year and nobody else really has a shot to win the Super Bowl.

Hoodie coaches circles around Tomlin.  Steelers do nothing against the Pats.

The chiefs were ALWAYS smoke and mirrors this year. Reid did a good job scheming wins early in the year. The truth is the injuries to the defense made them porous and the o was always fake. Hunt hit the rookie wall. Kelce is all they really have. Hill is just a tavon austin type gadget player. Smith is still smith. Those who bought the chiefs should be examined.

Incompetent is a pretty strong word for a guy that brought us six NFC East Championships and one NFC Championship.  I'm glad he moved on too, but he is still better than the large majority of the coaches in this league.  There are a lot of teams that would be glad to have him.

13 hours ago, The Norseman said:

Incompetent is a pretty strong word for a guy that brought us six NFC East Championships and one NFC Championship.  I'm glad he moved on too, but he is still better than the large majority of the coaches in this league.  There are a lot of teams that would be glad to have him.

While Andy Reid has had more success in the playoffs than Marty Schottenheimer, aren't they the same head coach?  KC fans have already lived through that frustration twenty years ago.  Teams that would "be glad to have him"?  I'd rather have a losing season with a HC, than a HC who is good enough to get you almost there, then break your heart season after season * fourteen.  Andy Reid's fatal flaw is that he can't think quickly,  or lacks imagination during the game.   That's why Reid only won one NFC Championship out of five appearances.   That is unacceptable.  Reid had two SB's in his pocket with the Eagles, and his inability to make game time adjustments ruined those opportunities. 

6 hours ago, Iggles said:

While Andy Reid has had more success in the playoffs than Marty Schottenheimer, aren't they the same head coach?  KC fans have already lived through that frustration twenty years ago.  Teams that would "be glad to have him"?  I'd rather have a losing season with a HC, than a HC who is good enough to get you almost there, then break your heart season after season * fourteen.  Andy Reid's fatal flaw is that he can't think quickly,  or lacks imagination during the game.   That's why Reid only won one NFC Championship out of five appearances.   That is unacceptable.  Reid had two SB's in his pocket with the Eagles, and his inability to make game time adjustments ruined those opportunities. 

Again, you're evaluating him based upon our experience and what you want as a fan.  This is a game of money and losing teams don't make enough.  Owners want coaches that win and get fans excited so they will spend more money on the team and in the stadium.  If your a perennial loser and your choice is between an unknown or a guy who has a long history of playoff appearances then you chase the guaranteed money. 

7 hours ago, Iggles said:

Wow.

You do realize that you cant win a Championship if you dont win in the regular season and make the playoffs......right?:unsure:

2 hours ago, Gmen4ever said:

Wow.

You do realize that you cant win a Championship if you dont win in the regular season and make the playoffs......right?:unsure:

I think what the poster meant is that they'd prefer to just have a crappy season than to be the team that is constantly the first team out in the playoffs.

9-7 seasons get you more 9-7 seasons, whereas an occasional 4-12 can get you to the Super Bowl.

On 11/19/2017 at 5:24 PM, Gmen4ever said:

This is what Giants fans are doing these days. Watching seeding move...

23 minutes ago, SNOORDA said:

This is what Giants fans are doing these days. Watching seeding move...

Yeah, and...?

Hard to get pumped over a 2-8 team, and I'm rooting for a high pick to get a QB or OL

42 minutes ago, Vee said:

I think what the poster meant is that they'd prefer to just have a crappy season than to be the team that is constantly the first team out in the playoffs.

9-7 seasons get you more 9-7 seasons, whereas an occasional 4-12 can get you to the Super Bowl.

Not for nothing, but the 2011 Giants were 9-7. All you have to do is get in

3 hours ago, Gmen4ever said:

Wow.

done...

35 minutes ago, Gmen4ever said:

Yeah, and...?

Hard to get pumped over a 2-8 team, and I'm rooting for a high pick to get a QB or OL

as i've said in other threads, i'm all out rooting for you guys to win games now.. guess why?