AlpineEagle

Week 12: Chargers @ Cowboys (Thanksgiving)

4 minutes ago, SNOORDA said:

I knew he had several injuries at the end but didnt realize it was back to back to back. 

Yup, Aikman said he knew it was bad in 2015, before the philly game. he said in prep for the philly/Dallas game he  watched the previous weeks game vs NY.  He said Romo was litterally not touched in the game so he was looking forward to  kidding Romo about how me must feel fresh after that....he said Romo came in and could barely walk and was obviously in pain and that is week 2, w/o getting hit at all week 1.

21 minutes ago, SNOORDA said:

I knew he had several injuries at the end but didnt realize it was back to back to back. 

He got injured against the eagles in week 3? In 2015. He was out for like 2 months and the boys went on a losing streak. 

Sunday before thanksgiving he comes back beats dolphins. Then on thanksgiving against panthers was re-injured and officially done for season. 

His final injury was in preseason against Seattle 2016. All that happened within a year 

1 minute ago, pisceschica said:

He got injured against the eagles in week 3? In 2015. He was out for like 2 months and the boys went on a losing streak. 

Sunday before thanksgiving he comes back beats dolphins. Then on thanksgiving against panthers was re-injured and officially done for season. 

His final injury was in preseason against Seattle. All that happened within a year 

His final injury was in preseason against Seattle. All that happened within a year 

I think it was week 2 bs Philly, right? But yeah, that’s pretty much the gist of it.

also sure, if Romo was there (and could play) the Dallas offense would be better, but if the defense allows the other team to score on basically every possession, it wouldn’t matter. 

Hey, I just got home.

Did they give Dak a turkey leg or an iron or some kind of major award today?

How many TDs has he thrown for the last 3 games? (and I don't mean to the other team)

Who scored more points, Dallas in their last 3 games combined, or the Eagles in any of their 9 wins this year?

Could the Chargers catch the Chiefs in the AFC West? Chargers have the Browns up next, followed by the Redskins before playing the Chiefs. The Chiefs have the Bills, Jets, and the Raiders. I’m thinking the Chargers win both of those games. 

7 hours ago, Stephen1 said:

I think it was week 2 bs Philly, right? But yeah, that’s pretty much the gist of it.

also sure, if Romo was there (and could play) the Dallas offense would be better, but if the defense allows the other team to score on basically every possession, it wouldn’t matter. 

It was week 2. I remember because I was there and it was the most pathetic Eagles game I've attended in person...

...until I went to the Thanksgiving game two months later in Detroit. :thumbsdown:

5 hours ago, BCEagle said:

Could the Chargers catch the Chiefs in the AFC West? Chargers have the Browns up next, followed by the Redskins before playing the Chiefs. The Chiefs have the Bills, Jets, and the Raiders. I’m thinking the Chargers win both of those games. 

Dont know. Chargers vs skins is for the playoffs imo. Although chargers are only .5 back of th wc too. The chiefs couldnt beat the giants. They may be even worse than they appear right now.

All I can say is, WOW.  22 pts in 3 games.  Against a very average Chargers D and the Pokes were pretty much full go on offense except Zeke.  Prescott has turned into a pumpkin at midnight.

@vaff84 @Stephen1

Romo was right to walk away. Long term health trumps running JG's offense twice in 4 days.

7 hours ago, skippyx said:

Hey, I just got home.

How many TDs has he thrown for the last 3 games? (and I don't mean to the other team)

Who scored more points, Dallas in their last 3 games combined, or the Eagles in any of their 9 wins this year?

I hope you thought those up while driving home in the car. :lol:

30 minutes ago, BCEagle said:

Does it bother anyone that, of the last three Dallas losses, Wentz had the lowest opposing QB rating?

Eh, maybe he was a little rusty coming off the bye, or was just off a bit that day, it happens.

That said, regardless of Wentz being better than Dak he’s now getting a little overhyped....as a passer he isn’t on the level of a Rivers, Ryan etc. the eagles are winning just like Dallas did last year, except they have a legitimately good defense...Dallas had a Defense they were trying to hide.

It’s not a knock, because Wentz is being smart with the ball, and when a play needs to be made, he’s making them almost every time, and that’s not easy. also...it’s only year 2, but I don’t think you can throw him in a game, have no rushing attack, the defense not setting you up inside the redzone a bunch and have him light anyone up like a Rivers or other guys can.

Jerry has to seriously consider blowing the team up and stock piling draft picks.   Dak is a back up QB, Dez needs moved into the slot, Beasily isn't NFL talent.  Blow it up and clear cap space.  

15 minutes ago, H-field Hero said:

Jerry has to seriously consider blowing the team up and stock piling draft picks.   Dak is a back up QB, Dez needs moved into the slot, Beasily isn't NFL talent.  Blow it up and clear cap space.  

Don’t you think Jerry is part of the problem?

3 hours ago, Stephen1 said:

Eh, maybe he was a little rusty coming off the bye, or was just off a bit that day, it happens.

That said, regardless of Wentz being better than Dak he’s now getting a little overhyped....as a passer he isn’t on the level of a Rivers, Ryan etc. the eagles are winning just like Dallas did last year, except they have a legitimately good defense...Dallas had a Defense they were trying to hide.

It’s not a knock, because Wentz is being smart with the ball, and when a play needs to be made, he’s making them almost every time, and that’s not easy. also...it’s only year 2, but I don’t think you can throw him in a game, have no rushing attack, the defense not setting you up inside the redzone a bunch and have him light anyone up like a Rivers or other guys can.

I think you might be understating it a bit.  Eagles as a team are doing well, and they are doing well because of Wentz.... not the other way around.  While I don't think he's at the level of Rivers/Ryan/Rodgers/Brady etc in terms of just being able to take over a game, I do think he's close.  You don't lead the NFL in TD passes by no be on pace for throwing 40 in a season by accident.  When he drops back, he has shown a tendancy to attack deep with his throws, he definitely forces the defenses to cover the entire field.  I'd say his biggest weakness right now is the short game... but I don't know if that's due to him or playcalling, but unless it's in the endzone  we don't have some good dink/dunk passing plays it seems.

6 hours ago, BCEagle said:

Does it bother anyone that, of the last three Dallas losses, Wentz had the lowest opposing QB rating?

Considering he got kneed in the head in the first quarter........not so much.

FB_IMG_1511509062788.jpg

12 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

That's obviously not from yesterday. The Chargers wore the powder blues on Thanksgiving.

That doesn't make it any less funny

That was an absolute beat down from start to finish yesterday! The Chargers controlled that game from start to finish and other than missed opportunities for points in the first half never looked like losing. 

41 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

That was an absolute beat down from start to finish yesterday! The Chargers controlled that game from start to finish and other than missed opportunities for points in the first half never looked like losing. 

An offense not capable of big plays and a defense that can’t stop a nosebleed is a horrible combination. If the chargers kicker wasn't hurt, they’d have scored on every single possession.

Dallas may suck, and the skins will probably beat the ish out of them, but I bet the skins FG kicker is ishing his pants right now, if anyone has him in fantasy football, they should sit him. 

Dallas may suck, and the skins will probably beat the ish out of them, but I bet the skins FG kicker is ishing his pants right now, if anyone has him in fantasy football, they should sit him. 

I expect he's probably asked the coach to sit him for this week. Doesn't want to take the risk. 

On 11/23/2017 at 8:42 PM, Stephen1 said:

I just mean that he was done playing, from what I understand he and his wife were worried about his long term health.  I think he told Denver and Houston he wasn’t  interested

Smart man.

On 11/23/2017 at 8:33 PM, skippyx said:

Hey, I just got home.

They didn't give Dak the turkey leg. But rumor has it Garrett and dak gave their COY and ROY awards to zeke.