GNS_CLFD

Dallas Cowboys - Overrated - Dez no longer elite - IF HE EVER WAS

My turkey was done about 12:35 and the Dallas Cowboys are about in the same state.   Dez Bryant is a shell of his former self and Dak Prescott appears to be the next RGIII.   For all this, I am thankful.

This is what happens when you give the keys to a rookie , then the next year not bring any compition for him to earn the spot .   Dez is getting older , Zeke got fat in offseason .  Team is young and was riding high off the year before .... it happens with youth .  Teams had tape on them and they got worse 

1 hour ago, FlyinBrian36-20 said:

Lol dez has no confidence with the poor mans alex smith he has to play with...hes elite if he's not hurt. Dont be stupid.

Dez is not elite in today's game. Have a happy Thanksgiving

Dak isn't Romo - that's what the problem is.  Dak can't make the throws or doesn't have the chemistry with Dez, one or the other.  Fine with me, don't particularly care for Dez or the 'boys.  But Dez with a QB that can get him the ball where he's dangerous would still be a pretty good WR, but as it stands:  the whole Dallas offense is, well offensive :P and that extends to Dez Bryant.  Dilly Dilly!!

1 hour ago, pisceschica said:

I think his drop in performance is in part to losing romo 

It’s the scheme #1 and loss of Romo #2

i have talked for years about the scheme. Dez isn’t a shifty guy that can beat you with routes, he has never created seperation. Garrett does not help him, no pick plays, stacked sets, motion to get him off jams. He should be used like Fitzgerald, use the scheme to get him open, they use him like DJax.

Romo could make up for that to a degree, incredible accuracy and could fit it places a lot of qb’s couldn’t. Dak has generally avoided those throws, and when he’s tried them, they obviously have not been effective.

Dez does not have the skill set to be mentioned with Brown and Odell, but put him with a real coach and he would be fine.

Dak Prescott is the first Cowboys QB with consecutive games of 0 TD passes and multiple interceptions. since Troy Aikman in 1990

7 minutes ago, NoDak Eagle said:

Dak Prescott is the first Cowboys QB with consecutive games of 0 TD passes and multiple interceptions. since Troy Aikman in 1990

The thing is, I thought he played scared the 1st 3 quarters and Romo mentioned that too, then I thought he pulled out of it and was throwing well, got them down the field for a TD, brings them back down there again...he was looking good, even the pick 6, wasn’t a bad read, a little inside and the DB made a good play.... I can live with that... but that last int was egregiously bad, like he disn’t Even read the defense 

I still think Bryant's a good player. The onus lies on Prescott and the play calling. The passing game is very unimaginative. It seems mostly "dink and dunk," with very little deep shots.

Dez was clearly elite from 2012-2014. He is not the same guy anymore.

It would help if he had a QB who did not need Zeke play action training wheels to even function.

Dez was elite. I said it a long time ago that he would break down earlier than a lot of other players. Very physical pkayer. He is a rare WR that actually looks for contact.

Can't play that way and keep your elite athleticism.

While he may not be the same player as a few years ago he is not a bad player. Dak just cannot make those throws. It's not a coincidence that Dak gets the keys to the offense and Dez falls off the map. 

On 11/24/2017 at 1:11 PM, Lockdown Lito said:

Dez was elite. I said it a long time ago that he would break down earlier than a lot of other players. Very physical pkayer. He is a rare WR that actually looks for contact.

Can't play that way and keep your elite athleticism.

He hasn’t broken down...he has a OC that has never known how to use him, and no longer has a qb good enough to make up for it.

Romo doesn’t get enough credit. He would actually say "forget the play”, and would tell Dez to line up in a different spot and run a different route than the play called for. If he was used like normal #1 wr’s, he’d have much better #’s...

9 hours ago, Stephen1 said:

He hasn’t broken down...he has a OC that has never known how to use him, and no longer has a qb good enough to make up for it.

Romo doesn’t get enough credit. He would actually say "forget the play”, and would tell Dez to line up in a different spot and run a different route than the play called for. If he was used like normal #1 wr’s, he’d have much better #’s...

You may be right, but he has slowed down.

I don't care how bad the playcalling is, dumb luck would get an elite level wideout at least 1 or 2 100 yard games over a seasons worth of games. 

21 hours ago, Lockdown Lito said:

You may be right, but he has slowed down.

I don't care how bad the playcalling is, dumb luck would get an elite level wideout at least 1 or 2 100 yard games over a seasons worth of games. 

Oh yeah, I think he's lost a 1/2 step...and I'm not even saying he's elite. Elite wr's run have the quickness to gain separation on their own, he can't do that. He can't just line up on the outside, run a fly and go by everyone...but that is how Dallas uses him.

but he is still very good running after the catch, the 1-2 times a month Dallas runs him in a drag route and he bullies a DB and even LB's shows that...they just don't do it. If some team got him and  used him like Larry Fitzgerald, who has lost like 2 steps and can no longer outrun anyone outside, they would get similar or better production. They almost use him as a hybrid 3rd WR/TE. They use a speed wr to back the safeties up and then have him run drag routes vs 3rd cb's/LB's and Safties. Dez is a great blocker like Fitzgerald, and it makes teams sometimes keep a LB in to cover him because you add the extra DB and Fitzgerald will crush him and AZ will run the ball....Dez can do that....but Garrett is too dumb/Stubborn 

Dez wasn't ever really fast, he plays more physical and athletic and uses his body to create separation. But what is up with him? He isn't the same. Is he playing hurt? Is he beat up? Is it the playbook? Are the coaches asking him to do something different? Or is it Dak - maybe he doesn't know how to throw to him properly...?