ncmalko1

Super Bowl in Minneapolis?

38 minutes ago, BCEagle said:

Minneapolis isn't bad, no? The people are friendly, the women are beautiful, there's plenty of both high and low brow things to see and do.

I’m sure they look great in their parkas.

When did football fans get so weak?

"It's cold, I want to go to a warm place... wah wah"

I don't care if it's in Alaska if the Eagles are playing in the game.

Steve Van Buren frowns upon you!

15.png.3e13768d9d0a706881fa320f1514fa00.png

3 hours ago, o0OMorrisO0o said:

Kentucky?  Why the hell would anyone visit Kentucky?  

The Kentucky Derby and Downs.

The famous bourbon distillery tours. That alone is worth it.

Louisville has the Louisville Slugger museum, Mohammed Ali museum, arena concerts at the university stadiums, a nice selection of gourmet restaurants and whiskey bars, a glass blowing factory and art galleries... a lot to do.

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Steve Van Buren frowns upon you!

So does Brent Celek.

454319315.0.jpg

(Says a guy who lives in Southern CA...  Where it was sunny and 80 today!)

11 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

Goodell has vowed to get a game played in Antarctica by 2021.

It'll be thawed out, dried, sunny and warm by then.

k-bigpic_2.jpg?itok=u8AeDWdu&resize=1100

38 minutes ago, morphius1281 said:

In hindsight, Eagles should have built a retractable dome on the stadium. Seriously. We miss a lot of action not having a predictable weather game.

no

especially this year.....if one of those soft dome or warm weather teams like New Orleans, Minnesota, Carolina, LA, or ATL have to come to Philly

you will be glad there's no dome

4 hours ago, NOTW said:

The Kentucky Derby and Downs.

The famous bourbon distillery tours. That alone is worth it.

Louisville has the Louisville Slugger museum, Mohammed Ali museum, arena concerts at the university stadiums, a nice selection of gourmet restaurants and whiskey bars, a glass blowing factory and art galleries... a lot to do.

When I think of SB, I sure as hell don't think of Kentucky lol.  I have been to Louisville and Lexington.  There is some things to do for sure (including strip clubs with very ugly women that ask you if you want to tip their nads..... don't ask...lol).  But its not for the SB.

6 hours ago, BCEagle said:

Minneapolis isn't bad, no? The people are friendly, the women are beautiful, there's plenty of both high and low brow things to see and do.

Agreed.

here's Miss Minnesota:

Related image

6 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

Agreed.

here's Miss Minnesota:

That Red Flag means that we get to see slo-mo replays from multiple angles, right?  :-)

2 hours ago, ilikepargo said:

That Red Flag means that we get to see slo-mo replays from multiple angles, right?  :-)

Very astute of you to deduce that. :thumbsup:

11 hours ago, o0OMorrisO0o said:

I have been there.  I drive through there every year from El Paso to Pennsylvania.  I performed there in Luisville and Lexington back when I used to sing.  Its pretty meh if you ask me.

The SB needs to be somewhere that already has the economy booming.  At least that's what the league will think.  

I spent a month in KY one week...

6 hours ago, morphius1281 said:

In hindsight, Eagles should have built a retractable dome on the stadium. Seriously. We miss a lot of action not having a predictable weather game.

:huh:  How many times do you think that Philly would get to host a Super Bowl... even if there was a 'predictable' weather game?

Once a decade?  Once every 15 years?  20?  

12 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I can imagine that game being in PHILADELPHIA!!!  :slap:

Maybe as part of an expansion of The Linc down the road build a retractable roof and enclose it (maybe increasing capacity to around 80-85,000) so it could not only host the Super Bowl, but the Final Four.  

1 hour ago, Iggles_Phan said:

:huh:  How many times do you think that Philly would get to host a Super Bowl... even if there was a 'predictable' weather game?

Once a decade?  Once every 15 years?  20?  

Probably once every 6-7 years because of the close proximity between Philly and NYC and DC.

There is also the Final Four to consider.   Philly could host that every 5-6 years with a domed stadium, plus if Temple went to the Big 12 host the Big 12 Championship Game. 

Oh, and the year Met Life hosted the Super Bowl, it was actually the best weather city (New York) because it was 49 at kickoff and several of the more traditional weather cities were colder.

15 hours ago, bobbywizdum said:

Personally i think a special stadium should be built for it in a state with no pro sports like kentucky, mew mexico, or hawaii. Either there or keywest.  

?   The jam would be forever at Key Largo.

OMG, could you imagine the traffic jams if the Superbowl were held in Key West? Maybe the league can hold it at Wembley stadium, so teams don't have to travel there during the regular season. Bearing in mind that host cities usually spend more money than they make, of course. Or St. Louis, which is a decent football town that can't seem to manage to keep an NFL team.

20 hours ago, GoEagles614 said:

What’s up with all of these awful random threads lately. Goodness gracious we’re falling apart. 

Worried about playing in the "freezing cold” with a heated state of the art closed stadium that’s probably set somewhere in the mid-low 70s. 

Glut of new bandwagon posters due to the recent success of the team

18 hours ago, 20dawk4life said:

Just have the super bowl in jerry world. Not like dallass is ever going to be in it again. 

Actually, strangely enough given the premise of the thread, Dallas' hosting of Super Bowl XLV was a total disaster because of snow and ice.

As for Minneapolis, Super Bowl XL was in Detroit and I think that was generally considered a success. MN can't be too much different, can it?