Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gameshowfan91

Where do you think Kirk Cousins will land?

What team do you think Kirk Cousins will be on next year (barring a franchise tag from Redskins)?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. What team?

• Washington Redskins
    • Cleveland Browns
    • Jacksonville Jaguars
    • New York Jets
    • Denver Broncos
    • San Francisco 49ers
    • Buffalo Bills
    • New Orleans Saints
    • Team Not Listed

I think Cousins is a v.good player, not amazing, but more than sufficient. However the Redskins will soon be in a predicament of paying an extortianate amount for him or end up fishing for a new QB.

The Redskins team hinders his potential for success more than he does theirs. 

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I hope he stays in Washington because it means they will overpay for someone who isn't that good. They then can't put a good team around him and they also won't go out and get a guy who could potentially take the team forwards. 

My thoughts exactly.

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah... The fact that when he needs to step up and deliver he doesn't. When his team needs him he doesn't go and win a game. He posts nice stats but what has that Washington team done and achieved? 

Helped Eagles out of a really bad situation in 2015 by sweeping Eagles. Yeah, Cousins was good enough to help Eagles get a lot better after that season.

1 hour ago, EnFoRcEr_uPu said:

He has less than 60 career starts (3 seasons as a starter) and has 12 game winning drives already, not including multiple games where they should have been game-winning drives and their defense lost the game in the final moments (See vs Det in 2016). Still not really sure why you would pin that on Cousins.

Cousins had a chance against Giants in week 17 last year, but he blew it. If he was that good, he would have lead Redskins to a TD to get them to Playoffs and possibly beat Seahawks in first round. He also blew against Saints last week. Only reason they made Playoffs in 2015 was because Chip Kelly was a moron; even then, Cousins blew it against Packers. He's shown that he's not worth money he wants. They don't have those 1000 yard WRs from last year because of how much Cousins wants.

Washington has 22 pass plays of 30 or more yards this season, three more than any other team. And that is primarily throwing passes to a 3rd down back, who was the leading rusher and reciever, and to a 33 yr old backup TE. Kirk is a good QB, who could look even better if he had better coaching. Unfortunately, he doesn't. And Gruden is unlikely, with all these injuries he's had to deal with, to be fired this offseason. 

If the price is reasonable than I want him back. But we all know if the price was reasonable we wouldn't be having this conversation right now. They're going to make him the highest paid QB in the league this off-season. Three months later someone will likely beat that number though. 

Washington... and I am glad to keep him in the division, he isn't that great.  I feel that he lacks that killer instinct. 

1 hour ago, NIBGoldenchild said:

Washington has 22 pass plays of 30 or more yards this season, three more than any other team. And that is primarily throwing passes to a 3rd down back, who was the leading rusher and reciever, and to a 33 yr old backup TE. Kirk is a good QB, who could look even better if he had better coaching. Unfortunately, he doesn't. And Gruden is unlikely, with all these injuries he's had to deal with, to be fired this offseason. 

If the price is reasonable than I want him back. But we all know if the price was reasonable we wouldn't be having this conversation right now. They're going to make him the highest paid QB in the league this off-season. Three months later someone will likely beat that number though. 

I hope you're right about Skins keeping him and breaking the bank to do so. 

I don’t understand this argument for cousins staying in the division. Is he an elite qb? No. Does he make bonehead plays/come up short in big moments? Yes. 

But he is part of the reason that team is even relevant/competitive right now. Could they get lucky and draft a quality franchise  qb, yes. But judging by their notable pick in 2012 they could also draft a complete bust and continue to be unstable at that position ;)

If John Elway made a serious play for Cousins and Dan Snyder doesn't want to pay to franchise him, the Broncos would be an excellent place.  Cousins is too good to continue to waste with a terrible organization like Washington.

We could be in real trouble and he go to Giants ... With that Defense and Weapons on offense  it could spell trouble 

On 11/26/2017 at 8:40 PM, NIBGoldenchild said:

For some reason, I can’t explain how or why, but I think Kirk will be back next season. Likely for some insane deal that is going to make me punch a wall. 

The person who really needs to go is Gruden. He has reached his ceiling as a HC, and it’s simply not good enough. 

You're opposite of someone who is a Redskins fan for 59 years that posted on a different site. That person mentions that if they lets Cousins walk, he/she would would their Redskins gear and become a Ravens fan.

2 hours ago, heavywchamp said:

Giants 

1 hour ago, CountBlah said:

Team not listed - Giants :ph34r:

I don't see a team like Giants go after Cousins. What make you both think they would do that?

31 minutes ago, pisceschica said:

I don’t understand this argument for cousins staying in the division. Is he an elite qb? No. Does he make bonehead plays/come up short in big moments? Yes. 

But he is part of the reason that team is even relevant/competitive right now. Could they get lucky and draft a quality franchise  qb, yes. But judging by their notable pick in 2012 they could also draft a complete bust and continue to be unstable at that position ;)

Remember most of us didn't want Bradford to be here long-term and Eagles took a chance on Wentz? It was right move to not keep Bradford here long-term. Looks like Eagles got "lucky" with Wentz. Team and fans know Bradford isn't that good, so they moved on from him. Your post kind of sounds like you wanted to keep Bradford long-term (did you?). I'd rather deal with Cousins than possibly deal with another Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady or QBs slightly below them, plus would get paid $28M-$30M/year. 

19 minutes ago, gameshowfan91 said:

I don't see a team like Giants go after Cousins. What make you both think they would do that?

YOU not seeing it, is immaterial.   IF they could land Cousins, their draft could go towards O-line, RB and filling in the rest of the holes.   MANY people thought they were a deep playoff bound team,  the implosion of the mentally weak millennial crybabies can easily be turned around with the right coach.    Plus it's a way for Mara to kick the skins when they are down - that's a bigger incentive than you can possibly know.  

11 hours ago, gameshowfan91 said:

You're opposite of someone who is a Redskins fan for 59 years that posted on a different site. That person mentions that if they lets Cousins walk, he/she would would their Redskins gear and become a Ravens fan.

Remember most of us didn't want Bradford to be here long-term and Eagles took a chance on Wentz? It was right move to not keep Bradford here long-term. Looks like Eagles got "lucky" with Wentz. Team and fans know Bradford isn't that good, so they moved on from him. Your post kind of sounds like you wanted to keep Bradford long-term (did you?). I'd rather deal with Cousins than possibly deal with another Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady or QBs slightly below them, plus would get paid $28M-$30M/year. 

But I’m not talking about Bradford and wentz. Like I said cousins makes that team relevant in nfc and most importantly division. 

And like I said, yes there is a chance they get lucky and find a legit talent st qb. But IMO there is also a greater of this org (considering they did draft griffin/cousins and their FA debacles) having a qb carousel for a few years and less competitive than they currently are. 

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 12:56 AM, The_Talon said:

What makes anyone think he wouldn't want to stay put? 

Would you want to stay on that team?  :huh:

With few options, the broncos should be a big player to get a guy like Cousins.  They have 9 draft picks, the defense still has talent and Cousins could get that offense moving.

I see denver drafting OL, WR and a TE.   Makes a lot of sense for Denver to go after him......they could let paxton lynch take another 2-3 years of development.

I think he's really good, and hope he gets shipped out of the NFC, especially the NFCE.

On 11/28/2017 at 7:48 PM, CountBlah said:

YOU not seeing it, is immaterial.   IF they could land Cousins, their draft could go towards O-line, RB and filling in the rest of the holes.   MANY people thought they were a deep playoff bound team,  the implosion of the mentally weak millennial crybabies can easily be turned around with the right coach.    Plus it's a way for Mara to kick the skins when they are down - that's a bigger incentive than you can possibly know.  

It's an interesting proposition and your point on how quickly these crybaby athletes can be turned around is spot on. The Giants are terrible right now, but they're not void of talent, especially on defense. Having a capable OL changes the entire look of the team, in all phases. Let's say they grab Cousins, trade back and still draft a good tackle prospect along with a RB. I'd be willing to bet that alone would put them at 7 or 8 wins next year with no other changes. 

All that said...I'd rather they get one of the blue chip QB prospects in the next draft. 

On 11/26/2017 at 2:39 PM, SBorBust said:

Jacksonville makes so much sense. They have a lot of cap room and are solid at almost every position except QB. He tends to turn the ball over too much for their style of play, though.

He could very well be the difference getting the Jags to their first Super Bowl.

And to think Andy could have taken Cousins over Nick Foles in Round 3 in 2012......

On 11/28/2017 at 7:16 PM, NE.Jon said:

We could be in real trouble and he go to Giants ... With that Defense and Weapons on offense  it could spell trouble 

If Cousins makes the Meadowlands his home field, it would likely be for that team that wears green at home (aka the Jets).  

17 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

It's an interesting proposition and your point on how quickly these crybaby athletes can be turned around is spot on. The Giants are terrible right now, but they're not void of talent, especially on defense. Having a capable OL changes the entire look of the team, in all phases. Let's say they grab Cousins, trade back and still draft a good tackle prospect along with a RB. I'd be willing to bet that alone would put them at 7 or 8 wins next year with no other changes. 

All that said...I'd rather they get one of the blue chip QB prospects in the next draft. 

Sam Darnold........

On 11/27/2017 at 10:03 AM, EnFoRcEr_uPu said:

I'm genuinely curious as to why you think Cousins "isn't that good".  Washington has had a poor running game, one of the worst sets of offensive line injuries in recent memory, lost a pair of 1000 yard receivers, just lost their top rusher/receiver in Chris Thompson and played hands down the toughest schedule in the NFL through the first 10 weeks of the season, and yet is still 8th in Total QBR, 7th in QB Rating, 7th in TD Passes (and 6 INT, one of which came on a dropped pass) and 2nd in Passing Yards.  Not to mention well on his way to a 3rd consecutive 4000 yard season.  Am I missing something?

I think last night against the Cowboys proved your point.  Redskins have no OL to speak of and are a prime candidate to get mauled by the Chargers next week while most eyes will be on Eagles-Rams.  

5 hours ago, Wallyhorse said:

I think last night against the Cowboys proved your point.  Redskins have no OL to speak of and are a prime candidate to get mauled by the Chargers next week while most eyes will be on Eagles-Rams.  

Do rams and chargers share a stadium

3 hours ago, pisceschica said:

Do rams and chargers share a stadium

Not now (in their respective temporary "homes") but when the new one is built they will.

On 11/28/2017 at 6:49 PM, pisceschica said:

Of course, Andy could have taken him instead of Foles in Round 3 in 2012 (as I would have done) and the Eagles fortunes would be much different now.

I don't think the Maras can afford Cousins because regardless of whether or not Eli is with the Giants next year they don't have enough money against the cap to offset any "dead" money Eli would have.  

The Jets on the other hand will have $90 million or so to spend and could afford to pay Cousins $30+ Million a year.