gameshowfan91

Where do you think Kirk Cousins will land?

What team do you think Kirk Cousins will be on next year (barring a franchise tag from Redskins)?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. What team?

• Washington Redskins
    • Cleveland Browns
    • Jacksonville Jaguars
    • New York Jets
    • Denver Broncos
    • San Francisco 49ers
    • Buffalo Bills
    • New Orleans Saints
    • Team Not Listed

13 minutes ago, xitrum said:

Wouldn't another franchise tag cost a lot?  But if the Redskins like to throw money away, all powers to them.

Transition Tag- $28M; Franchise Tag- $34M.

I hope he stays in Washington.  Either the Skins have to overpay him and not put a team around him .  Or they let him go and go into QB hell  , Its a win win for NFCE. 

7 minutes ago, NE.Jon said:

I hope he stays in Washington.  Either the Skins have to overpay him and not put a team around him .  Or they let him go and go into QB hell  , Its a win win for NFCE. 

This would be a bigger win for NFCE: top QB to an average QB- would be so funny.

Can he be franchise tagged again? I thought you could only do it twice. 

I could see him going to the Jags, but don't think they would pay big money for him. 

57 minutes ago, wussbasket said:

Can he be franchise tagged again? I thought you could only do it twice. 

I could see him going to the Jags, but don't think they would pay big money for him. 

He can be tagged for a third time for a whopping $34 mill.

Jacksonville makes so much sense. They have a lot of cap room and are solid at almost every position except QB. He tends to turn the ball over too much for their style of play, though.

49ers  very well may be the Place.  They have Jimmy G to trade  or use as a fallback plan .  Would not be suprised  we See Jimmy G as a brown and Kirk  in Sanfran 

51 minutes ago, NE.Jon said:

49ers  very well may be the Place.  They have Jimmy G to trade  or use as a fallback plan .  Would not be suprised  we See Jimmy G as a brown and Kirk  in Sanfran 

Agreed. Might even see both Garrapolo and Cousins tagged then traded for each other

Just now, jfluke said:

Agreed. Might even see both Garrapolo and Cousins tagged then traded for each other

If Cousins goes  I think Jay Gruden follows .  You Lose you QB and you have a coach thats is staying around .500 its time to move on.  Thats the mistake they made once already .... They wasted Kirk being cheap and being able to build around him  since they were paying Rg3 and him .   New Coach will want his guy 

For some reason, I can’t explain how or why, but I think Kirk will be back next season. Likely for some insane deal that is going to make me punch a wall. 

The person who really needs to go is Gruden. He has reached his ceiling as a HC, and it’s simply not good enough. 

For me I think he could go to the Jags as it makes sense in so many ways. 

They have the cap space, desperately need a QB who is at least average to go with that really really good defense and I think are a team on the rise. 

Either way a team is going to overpay for a very average player. A player who posts good numbers but actually does not deliver in the big moments. A guy who isn't going to steer your franchise to victory. 

I hope he stays in Washington because it means they will overpay for someone who isn't that good. They then can't put a good team around him and they also won't go out and get a guy who could potentially take the team forwards. 

I don't see Cousins getting tagged again. It's too expensive. He's playing for a long-term contract. 49ers makes sense because of the Shanahan connection. But at this point in his career, he could be looking to cash in to the highest bidder.

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I hope he stays in Washington because it means they will overpay for someone who isn't that good. They then can't put a good team around him and they also won't go out and get a guy who could potentially take the team forwards. 

I'm genuinely curious as to why you think Cousins "isn't that good".  Washington has had a poor running game, one of the worst sets of offensive line injuries in recent memory, lost a pair of 1000 yard receivers, just lost their top rusher/receiver in Chris Thompson and played hands down the toughest schedule in the NFL through the first 10 weeks of the season, and yet is still 8th in Total QBR, 7th in QB Rating, 7th in TD Passes (and 6 INT, one of which came on a dropped pass) and 2nd in Passing Yards.  Not to mention well on his way to a 3rd consecutive 4000 yard season.  Am I missing something?

33 minutes ago, EnFoRcEr_uPu said:

Am I missing something?

Yeah... The fact that when he needs to step up and deliver he doesn't. When his team needs him he doesn't go and win a game. He posts nice stats but what has that Washington team done and achieved? 

36 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah... The fact that when he needs to step up and deliver he doesn't. When his team needs him he doesn't go and win a game. He posts nice stats but what has that Washington team done and achieved? 

He has less than 60 career starts (3 seasons as a starter) and has 12 game winning drives already, not including multiple games where they should have been game-winning drives and their defense lost the game in the final moments (See vs Det in 2016).  You do realize that wins/losses depend on a whole lot more than the QB, right?  Marino never won a SB and it took Manning forever.  Guys like Roethlisberger won SB b/c their defense was all-world.  Still not really sure why you would pin that on Cousins.

I have been saying since the the Jimmy G trade that Cousins would land in Denver. All this talk of him going to the Jags though is making a lot of sense. I voted with my original thought though. I just want him out of the division. He has played the Eagles well in the past. Not so much this year but still a threat. If he goes to an AFC team then all the better. 

35 minutes ago, EnFoRcEr_uPu said:

He has less than 60 career starts (3 seasons as a starter) and has 12 game winning drives already, not including multiple games where they should have been game-winning drives and their defense lost the game in the final moments (See vs Det in 2016).  You do realize that wins/losses depend on a whole lot more than the QB, right?  Marino never won a SB and it took Manning forever.  Guys like Roethlisberger won SB b/c their defense was all-world.  Still not really sure why you would pin that on Cousins.

Yes I do realize that it takes more than just the QB but my opinion of him is that he's an average QB. Not a bad one but an average one. And yet he's going to become the highest paid QB in the NFL and some team is going to massively overpay for him.