Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AlpineEagle

Week 12: Packers @ Steelers

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

sup man. next sunday night cant get here fast enough lol

I’m so nervous. Hawks defense is trash  but Russell Wilson is a fierce competitor that keeps them in games

1 minute ago, pisceschica said:

I’m so nervous. Hawks defense is trash  but Russell Wilson is a fierce competitor that keeps them in games

yup. i keep saying the defense might not be the same as year's past but wilson and that offense is as good if not better than it was last year. they have more weapons in the pass game with richardson and lockett emerging with baldwin and graham. i think it is imperative the eagles dont lose containment on wilson. thats when he really starts carving up defenses. also we cannot fall for his pump fakes. he gets  alot of run yardage and pass yards getting guys to commit on a fake

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

yup. i keep saying the defense might not be the same as year's past but wilson and that offense is as good if not better than it was last year. they have more weapons in the pass game with richardson and lockett emerging with baldwin and graham. i think it is imperative the eagles dont lose containment on wilson. thats when he really starts carving up defenses. also we cannot fall for his pump fakes. he gets  alot of run yardage and pass yards getting guys to commit on a fake

I think their defense will have a hard time with us though, too.  Their defense will miss having those 3 key players.  Contain is the key to stopping the Seahawks. Don't let Wilson extend plays, just like you said.  We can't afford to come out stagnant like we did in the first half against Dallas. 

The Steelers are starting to flirt with the notion of losing home field in the AFC even before they play the Pats.

Just now, CaliEagle said:

I think their defense will have a hard time with us though, too.  Their defense will miss having those 3 key players.  Contain is the key to stopping the Seahawks. Don't let Wilson extend plays, just like you said.  We can't afford to come out stagnant like we did in the first half against Dallas. 

oh i think we should be able to score in this game with the losses they have. that said i worry about the crowd noise and a young left tackle in that game in vaitai. i think it is pretty important to have him settled in and have the non-verbal communication working well

2 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

The Steelers are starting to flirt with the notion of losing home field in the AFC even before they play the Pats.

Another cake walk for pats even if they don’t get HFA pats too smart to lose to a team like steelers.  <_<

1 minute ago, pisceschica said:

Another cake walk for pats even if they don’t get HFA pats too smart to lose to a team like steelers.  <_<

the afc is a dumpster fire outside of the steelers and patriots.

the chiefs are 6-5 and are going to lose that division to the chargers who are 5-6.

the jags are 7-4 lost to gabbert and the cardinals. the titans are 7-4 and struggled to beat the colts and got hammered by the steelers.

buffalo is the last wild card team in the playoffs right now at 6-5 with the ravens tomorrow night and the bengals and raiders right behind them at 5-6.

that said if im a steelers team i dont want to see the raiders get hot and get into the playoffs.

Just now, NE.Jon said:

It amazes me sometimes how bad the Steelers can look at times.   

I know offenses can have off days but their defense doesn’t look like a top defense 5 ( I think they are #4)

Just now, pisceschica said:

Look at that 54 yard catch and run

pats are going to the bowl 

what is sad is the chargers might ultimately be the biggest threat to the pats. they gave the pats a run for their money in new england a couple weeks ago.

I know offenses can have off days but their defense doesn’t look like a top defense 5 ( I think they are #4)

the loss of haden is pretty big for them. he was playing like he did early in his career before his injury

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

the chiefs are 6-5 and are going to lose that division to the chargers who are 5-6.

the jags are 7-4 lost to gabbert and the cardinals. the titans are 7-4 and struggled to beat the colts and got hammered by the steelers.

buffalo is the last wild card team in the playoffs right now at 6-5 with the ravens tomorrow night and the bengals and raiders right behind them at 5-6.

that said if im a steelers team i dont want to see the raiders get hot and get into the playoffs.

Have to add the chargers to that I have more faith in rivers/chargers than Carr/raiders

3 minutes ago, pisceschica said:

Have to add the chargers to that I have more faith in rivers/chargers than Carr/raiders

lol its funny i think i mentioned that in a post above. i still wouldnt want a oakland team getting in taat has the ability to put up points.

right now i would actually say the chargers are the second best team in the afc behind the pats. brady can play til he is 45 cause the AFC is pretty much a dumpster fire until one of these young QBs goes to the next level. mariota and carr have regressed. luck is hurt. big ben looks like he is nearly done. the chiefs are a joke with smith as QB. the broncos arent doing anything until they get a QB. heck if i were cousins i try getting to denver.

kind of think everyone should be cheering for the steelers tonight because it basically it could prevent rodgers from being in the playoffs.

I hope pack beat minny though 

kind of hope pittsburgh wins this. GB wins the next two to be at 7-6. rodgers returns. panthers beat the packers then rodgers beats the vikings the following week. that would be ideal

17 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I don't think any of these AFC teams want to see the Chargers or the Ravens come playoff time. The Ravens' offense is crap but that defense has pitched 3 shut outs this year. They're a team that the Steelers would absolutely hate to see on their January schedule.