Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AlpineEagle

Week 12: Packers @ Steelers

3 minutes ago, Dawkins 20 said:

I don't think any of these AFC teams want to see the Chargers or the Ravens come playoff time. The Ravens' offense is crap but that defense has pitched 3 shut outs this year. They're a team that the Steelers would absolutely hate to see on their January schedule.

I don't think the Chargers are a threat to the Steelers or Pats.  I know they are playing better, but I don't see them traveling to the East Coast and winning against one of the top few seeds.  The Ravens' offense is terrible, but they could be a threat to Pittsburgh because of division familiarity. 

Just now, CaliEagle said:

I don't think the Chargers are a threat to the Steelers or Pats.  I know they are playing better, but I don't see them traveling to the East Coast and winning against one of the top few seeds.  The Ravens' offense is terrible, but they could be a threat to Pittsburgh because of division familiarity. 

The Chargers likely aren't beating the Pats or Steelers but I'd at least give them a punchers chance. One thing that travels well in January is a good pass rush.

Just now, Dawkins 20 said:

The Chargers likely aren't beating the Pats or Steelers but I'd at least give them a punchers chance. One thing that travels well in January is a good pass rush.

True. Their pass rush is good.  If Gordon was more consistent, that would help on offense.

6 minutes ago, Dawkins 20 said:

I don't think any of these AFC teams want to see the Chargers or the Ravens come playoff time. The Ravens' offense is crap but that defense has pitched 3 shut outs this year. They're a team that the Steelers would absolutely hate to see on their January schedule.

i dont trust that ravens defense still. they have three shutouts which is impressive but they have also come against the bengals, packers and dolphins. not exactly a murderers row of offenses. when they have faced good offenses they have given up 24 to the vikings, 26 to the steelers, 23 to the titans.

i dont think the steelers want to see them cause of the familiarity but i dont think the ravens are the broncos of a couple years ago or the seahawks of a couple years ago.

Just now, CaliEagle said:

True. Their pass rush is good.  If Gordon was more consistent, that would help on offense.

he is by far the most overrated back in the league. in three seasons he has never had a yards per carry of over 4 for the season. if the chargers had a better back that was more consistent they would be a much better offense. it isnt the oline either. he just is not that great unless he manages to bust off a long run. otherwise he is pretty ineffective

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

he is by far the most overrated back in the league. in three seasons he has never had a yards per carry of over 4 for the season. if the chargers had a better back that was more consistent they would be a much better offense. it isnt the oline either. he just is not that great unless he manages to bust off a long run. otherwise he is pretty ineffective

I just can't see the Chargers beating the Pats.  They have a slight chance against the Steelers. Ekeler looks like more a playmaker lately compared to Gordon.  The Pats look like they are a shoe in for another SB appearance. The Steelers can beat them, but they have to be on all cylinders and the Steelers are inconsistent within games.  

6 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

I just can't see the Chargers beating the Pats.  They have a slight chance against the Steelers. Ekeler looks like more a playmaker lately compared to Gordon.  The Pats look like they are a shoe in for another SB appearance. The Steelers can beat them, but they have to be on all cylinders and the Steelers are inconsistent within games.  

i dont know i have seen the steelers enough against the pats and its been a really long time since they have gotten over that hump. the chargers were in the game 3 weeks ago against the pats in foxboro. they lost 21-13. it was a 18-13 game with 8 minutes left in the game. in fact they had a chance with 6 and change left ot go take the lead in that game. all the way til 1 minute left in the game when it became a 21-13 game and even then they had a chance to tie the game and got to the 20 of the pats before the game ended.

i still put my money on the pats, but the one equalizer to brady is having an excellent pass rush that throttles him. the giants did it. the ravens did it a couple years back and ditto for the broncos on their title run. the chargers have ingram and bosa and their defense got perryman back which is why their run defense is even better.

the issue i see with the chargers in that game is that the pats defense matches up well. they have corners to cover allen, williams and benjamin. if the chargers would use henry and gates more and get gordon going they would have a better chance

1 minute ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

So, Steelers or Patriots from the AFC for the Super Bowl?

I’m guessing Patriots.

Just now, VaBeach_Eagle said:

So, a re-match of XXXIX?

Yup. We’ll have to hire the Secret Service to make sure no one breaks into our practices with a video camera.

14 minutes ago, vaff84 said:

Yup. We’ll have to hire the Secret Service to make sure no one breaks into our practices with a video camera.

I gave you a like, however remember that Trump and Brady/Belichek are buddies.

The Steelers secondary is giving up huge plays.  If they play like this, they will be one and done in the playoffs.

3 minutes ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

Morelli is meeting with some Russians as we speak.

3 minutes ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

All the more reason for them to help us. ;)

I don’t understand what’s going on with the Secret Service. The 2017 budget to pay them was used up months ago. 

1 minute ago, pisceschica said:

Damn packers having a better game than I thought they would 

ben with int

the steelers continuously do this. against bad teams they play down to their opponent. against good teams they play up to their opponent.