Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AlpineEagle

Week 12: Packers @ Steelers

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

the steelers continuously do this. against bad teams they play down to their opponent. against good teams they play up to their opponent.

Still can’t lose to teams like the bears :wacko:

1 minute ago, vaff84 said:

Why kick a 57 yarder on a field that’s notoriously hard to kick on?

Especially when it's not right before the half or the end of the game.

2 minutes ago, pisceschica said:

Still can’t lose to teams like the bears :wacko:

they also lost to the jags cause they did the same thing. the browns they won by three. the bears they lost. indy they won by three. against the vikings won by 17, baltimore won by 17, kc won by 6 and titans won by 23.

they play up and down to their opponents.

Just now, CaliEagle said:

im shocked they didnt punt. the way the steelers offense has looked tonight. make big ben go 90 yards

4 minutes ago, vaff84 said:

Why kick a 57 yarder on a field that’s notoriously hard to kick on?

2 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

And when Packers had their way with Steelers. They should have punted based on how game has been going.

why do teams try to throw the ball from the 1 yard line. why not try running it 2 times then going to a pass?

well i still think i take two chances on the ground and then go to the pass

Because of ant

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

why do teams try to throw the ball from the 1 yard line. why not try running it 2 times then going to a pass?

Because they have Antonio Brown ^_^

Tied st 21 

Just now, pisceschica said:

Because of ant

Because they have Antonio Brown ^_^

Tied st 21 

i still think i rather give leveon two chances to get in before throwing to brown. ive seen way too many times teams just throw throw thorw in that position meanwhile with a good offensive line you are likely to get 1 yard with bell being as great as he is

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

i still think i rather give leveon two chances to get in before throwing to brown. ive seen way too many times teams just throw throw thorw in that position meanwhile with a good offensive line you are likely to get 1 yard with bell being as great as he is

I’m glad we finally have a QB that excels in sneaks.

Just now, vaff84 said:

for years it absolutely annoyed me when we would either throw or go to a handoff for inches. you are asking to be stopped doing both of those things.

It's cool seeing that 82nd patch (sticker) on Roethlisberger's helmet. I'd love to see a 3rd Sig Bde sticker, but only the well known units get that kind of recognition. Since they won't do it, I will...

Bde_patch.png.4ca4a61328566eb3d32d49623db38661.png

3 minutes ago, vaff84 said:

I'm glad we finally have a QB that excels in wins.

Just now, VaBeach_Eagle said:

His knee might have been down when the ball came loose. It was hard to tell at the end there.

I thought it was too. 

6 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

for years it absolutely annoyed me when we would either throw or go to a handoff for inches. you are asking to be stopped doing both of those things.

I’m not certain, but I don’t think McNabb was comfortable running sneaks. Wentz seems really good at them, like Brady. Very difficult to stop. And quite frankly, I have no idea how officials can determine where the ball is, on plays like that.

Just now, vaff84 said:

I’m not certain, but I don’t think McNabb was comfortable running sneaks. Wentz seems really good at them, like Brady. Very difficult to stop. And quite frankly, I have no idea how officials can determine where the ball is, on plays like that.

i think wentz is more comfortable doing them and taking the hit. i love mcnabb but after that ankle injury, he really never used his legs as much and he hated being hit. you could see it in january in playoff games. he'd become more erratic after a few hits. i think wentz actually for some odd reason loves being hit. something about him getting hit and he seems to get going

Much like eagles today steelers lucky they’re playing a rodgerless packers team they are -2 in turnovers and the game is tied ^_^

5 minutes ago, pisceschica said:

Much like eagles today steelers lucky they’re playing a rodgerless packers team they are -2 in turnovers and the game is tied ^_^

im actually very impressed we won by 28 considering we had 3 turnovers in the game and the second half we just coasted. also the bears have been competitive in almost all their games all year. lost to atlanta by 6 (shouldve won if howard doesnt drop a wide open td), beat the steelers by six. lost to minnesota by 3. beat the ravens by 3. lost by 7 to the packers(had a chance to tie late). beat carolina by 14. lost to the saints by 8, lost to the lions by 3.  really only bucs, packers with rodgers and us blew them out.

Just now, vaff84 said:

Man, Antonio Brown is unreal. I don’t know how that guy does it.

I don't know how we shut him down last year.