Sign in to follow this  
boogyman

Eli benched

Use your brains people. The coach said Geno will start and Webb will get some reps. That accomplishes two things, 1) the Giants continue to tank and 2) they get to see Webb in action. I'm sure if the rookie plays well and the OL doesn't get him killed he'll start the last few games of the season. 

Eli is not getting benched because they think Geno is the future of the organization. 

4 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

Use your brains people. The coach said Geno will start and Webb will get some reps. That accomplishes two things, 1) the Giants continue to tank and 2) they get to see Webb in action. I'm sure if the rookie plays well and the OL doesn't get him killed he'll start the last few games of the season. 

Eli is not getting benched because they think Geno is the future of the organization. 

:lol: They're going full tank mode using Geno as the scapegoat to keep them near the bottom and ensure a top 3 pick. 

3 minutes ago, heavywchamp said:

:lol: They're going full tank mode using Geno as the scapegoat to keep them near the bottom and ensure a top 3 pick. 

He's not a scapegoat, he's a tackling dummy. Big difference. 

1 hour ago, Northern Green Wings said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000884762/article/giants-to-start-geno-smith-over-eli-manning-vs-raiders

I agree with Manning here.  Starting Manning just to keep a streak going is almost like a slap in the face and tarnishes it

Lol it reminds me of when Brett Favre got the axe in Green Bay and they said he could take his locker with him ?

9 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

He's not a scapegoat, he's a tackling dummy. Big difference. 

Agreed.  Geno Smith could stink up the joint the rest of the way and he won't get any blame.  Giants season is done by any metric and Eli is near retirement.  Might as well see what you have in QBs.  Even if they suck (they probably will, this league is deficient in QB talent at the moment) at least you know for sure and can move on.

It's amazing what's happened to them. In the offseason I expected them and Dallas to be fighting for the division. Didn't expect us to be so damn good and Giants to just fall apart like that.

2 hours ago, Northern Green Wings said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000884762/article/giants-to-start-geno-smith-over-eli-manning-vs-raiders

I agree with Manning here.  Starting Manning just to keep a streak going is almost like a slap in the face and tarnishes it

Classy response.....could anyone imagine if this happened to Mcnabb? Lol

If this is the end of Eli with the Giants, this is a sad way to see him go.... Replaced by Geno Smith - give me a break - he deserves better.    I always respected Eli and his 2 Super Bowl runs were impressive.    McAdoo is a fool.

56 minutes ago, Stephen1 said:

he was crying ..... I kind of felt bad for him .

I don’t understand if they want to see what they have in Webb why is Geno Smith even starting? :blink:

Maca?  is more like it 

5 minutes ago, NE.Jon said:

he was crying ..... I kind of felt bad for him .

Yeah, I hated the guy because he was a giant, but personally he seemed like a good guy, not arrogant in any way

3 hours ago, heavywchamp said:

Benched for Geno? Wtf is McAdoo doing. Everyone knows Geno is a scrub and not the future so why not see what the rookie Webb can do. Hate the Giants but feel bad for Eli. Macadoo should be next on the chopping block. 

Probably to try to pick up some more wins.

1 hour ago, Stephen1 said:

It did happen against Ravens in 2nd half in 2008, and I believe he cried about it.

A gutless move from Macadoo and Mara showed me that he isn't a tenth the man his father was by letting this happen.  And let me be clear it's one thing to bench Eli to see Davis Webb play, but we have all seen Geno Smith.  We don't need to see more of him.  This is unreal.  I'm telling you right now if Macadoo is the coach and Reese is the GM, in fact if either one of them survives this off season I'm not a Giant  fan this year.  I'll watch the NFL as a casual observer but I will not watch any Giants games.  Pathetic. 

17 minutes ago, pisceschica said:

I don’t understand if they want to see what they have in Webb why is Geno Smith even starting? :blink:

Maca?  is more like it 

Exactly.  If they want to show off Davis Webb go ahead but we all know what Geno Smith is.  You don't bench Eli for Geno.  That's horrible. 

1 hour ago, Stephen1 said:

McNabb was way to injury prone to have a streak going

14 minutes ago, Happyfoosball said:

A gutless move from Macadoo and Mara showed me that he isn't a tenth the man his father was by letting this happen.  And let me be clear it's one thing to bench Eli to see Davis Webb play, but we have all seen Geno Smith.  We don't need to see more of him.  This is unreal.  I'm telling you right now if Macadoo is the coach and Reese is the GM, in fact if either one of them survives this off season I'm not a Giant  fan this year.  I'll watch the NFL as a casual observer but I will not watch any Giants games.  Pathetic. 

Exactly.  If they want to show off Davis Webb go ahead but we all know what Geno Smith is.  You don't bench Eli for Geno.  That's horrible. 

Eli should demand a trade

3 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

An extremely loud round of applause for the two time champion, but it's time for him to take a seat. He'll handle this with class just like he does everything else. 

Geno will start the next game, but Webb will get reps and will probably start the last few games of the season. Either way, they are in full tank mode, which is the correct course of action. 

Well done Eli!! :towel:

Going to miss him when he's gone. 

Too many Giants fans took him for granted.

Total class act. 

This is a situation where the owner should intervene and fire the coach/GM before the night is over.  This is a brainless, gutless decision and there is simply no way to rationalize it considering the current Giant QB depth chart.

Just now, Happyfoosball said:

They will release him when the season is over. 

Maybe. But he still should demand a trade anyway

Just now, boogyman said:

Maybe. But he still should demand a trade anyway

He's got a no trade clause.  If he waived that they'd trade him.  He'd already be in Jacksonville if he had waived that a few weeks ago.  He's going to force them to cut him and that's okay.  Then he gets to pick where he goes and that team doesn't have to give anything up.  I've actually seen that happening from the beginning.  I just didn't think they'd bench him for Geno Smith.  Unreal.