Sign in to follow this  
boogyman

Eli benched

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000884762/article/giants-to-start-geno-smith-over-eli-manning-vs-raiders

Coach [Ben] McAdoo told me I could continue to start while Geno and Davis are given an opportunity to play," Manning said in a statement released by the team. "My feeling is that if you are going to play the other guys, play them. Starting just to keep the streak going and knowing you won't finish the game and have a chance to win it is pointless to me, and it tarnishes the streak. Like I always have, I will be ready to play if and when I am needed. I will help Geno and Davis prepare to play as well as they possibly can.

I agree with Manning here.  Starting Manning just to keep a streak going is almost like a slap in the face and tarnishes it

4 minutes ago, boogyman said:

Giants told Eli he could start then get pulled to keep his streak and he declined.

I think that is a standup move on Eli's part.

An extremely loud round of applause for the two time champion, but it's time for him to take a seat. He'll handle this with class just like he does everything else. 

Geno will start the next game, but Webb will get reps and will probably start the last few games of the season. Either way, they are in full tank mode, which is the correct course of action. 

Well done Eli!! :towel:

1 minute ago, mike030270 said:

This the start of the end of his career?

Id assume so, he isnt the same player, maybe a QB desperate team would take a flyer on him, but probably should retire.

Any good QBs in this coming draft? Hopefully they either aren’t able to get any because there’s none or they can’t reach because of draft position 

23 minutes ago, Northern Green Wings said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000884762/article/giants-to-start-geno-smith-over-eli-manning-vs-raiders

I agree with Manning here.  Starting Manning just to keep a streak going is almost like a slap in the face and tarnishes it

Agreed. It's like a QB laying down to get a sack record.

7 minutes ago, mike030270 said:

Any good QBs in this coming draft? Hopefully they either aren’t able to get any because there’s none or they can’t reach because of draft position 

It depends on who comes out early. There's two blue ship prospects (Darnold, Rosen) and 3-4 others that have potential to be starters. 

33 minutes ago, Northern Green Wings said:

Eli is a quitter.

:fishing:

How much of the issues on the Giants are really Eli's fault?

Sounds more like poor coaching and GM work to me.

Should have done this 13 years ago!

:whistle:

Seriously though, I applaud Eli’s comments. If I were a Giants fan, I think I’d be upset at the streak ending, but his attitude towards it is total class IMO. 

4 minutes ago, mihailo said:

Poor coaching, poor GM work, missing 4 of 5 starting OL (not that they were any good in the first place) and top 3 WRs....plus Eli is planning poorly. Add that all together and you get a top 3 pick. 

2 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

Poor coaching, poor GM work, missing 4 of 5 starting OL (not that they were any good in the first place) and top 3 WRs....plus Eli is planning poorly. Add that all together and you get a top 3 pick. 

Doesn't seem like Eli had much of a chance. All QB's seem boneheaded when they don't have receivers and/or Oline. 

Benched for Geno? Wtf is McAdoo doing. Everyone knows Geno is a scrub and not the future so why not see what the rookie Webb can do. Hate the Giants but feel bad for Eli. Macadoo should be next on the chopping block. 

9 minutes ago, mihailo said:

Exactly. Can't blame him for the injuries at WR, crappy line, rbs, and stale offense. MacAdoo should be canned.