Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EagleJoe8

Week 13 Open Discussion.

0 help today. Still trying to figure out how if the Eagles lose tonight does the vikings take over best record in NFC. This was stated by announcers during the vikings game. 

Raise your hand if you looked at the 5-0 Chiefs remaining schedule and thought those 3 in a row against New York teams would be 3 losses.

1 minute ago, ackid38 said:

0 help today. Still trying to figure out how if the Eagles lose tonight does the vikings take over best record in NFC. This was stated by announcers during the vikings game. 

Better strength of victory.

Yes they do.

they would have the same record, and Minnesota wins the tie-breaker on SOS. 

Getting 'help' from other teams would be nice, but at the same time, I'd rather we just manhandle every team we play between now and February and just win it all without help.

Saints or Rams losing would be icing but what we REALLY need (want)  is a Vikings loss.  That would really heighten our 1st seed chances.

1 minute ago, pisceschica said:

Strength of schedule is such a stupid tie breaker :nonono:

teams don’t control how poorly theirnoponeners play 

It's a variable.  Can change over time............................

Just now, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Getting 'help' from other teams would be nice, but at the same time, I'd rather we just manhandle every team we play between now and February and just win it all without help.

I agree but then I start outsmarting myself and think about...  Do we really go on a 17 game winning streak?  Cause that is what it would take unless we lose 1 against Oakland (an out of conference game)

Just now, Greenakers2 said:

It's a variable.  Can change over time............................

How much is it gonna change over next 4 weeks

1 minute ago, o0OMorrisO0o said:

Saints or Rams losing would be icing but what we REALLY need (want)  is a Vikings loss.  That would really heighten our 1st seed chances.

Against an NFC team.

Just now, gameshowfan91 said:

Against an NFC team.

I think the only chance the Vikings have of losing another game this season is next week vs the Panthers (who knows anymore) or against the Packers (if Rodgers plays)

2 minutes ago, o0OMorrisO0o said:

I agree but then I start outsmarting myself and think about...  Do we really go on a 17 game winning streak?  Cause that is what it would take unless we lose 1 against Oakland (an out of conference game)

The Packers once went on a 19 game winning streak and the Patriots once went on a 21 game winning streak. So 17 is doable.

I am not saying we start looking at backup options because there is no need too.  We are the number 1 seed as it stands right now.  However.....  Getting the 2 seed still isnt the worst case scenario.  We still automatically advance and play a game at home.  And who knows...  perhaps the Vikings lose in the divisional round and we get the NFC Championship game at home anyways...  

The Patriots are giving up 11.9 points per game in their last 8.

I m pretty sure who the boss mob will be at the end of this 2017 level the Eagles are playing.

ted-2-super-bowl-trailer-screenshot-seth