Sign in to follow this  
OrlandoEagles23

Aaron Rodgers returned to practice today.

A lot of people have been saying the rest of the field in the NFC got lucky with Aaron Rodgers getting injured. As far as the Eagles go, they would still be 10-1 whether Rodgers has been playing or not, and with the way this team has been playing, I think the Eagles have a better team than the Packers, and while I will never count Rodgers out, I would/will fear them less if we had to meet in the playoffs in the slim chance they can climb their way back into things. 

They needed that win against the Steelers last week. They played surprisingly well, but of course we also know the Steelers make a habit of playing down to their opponents and did a swell job in allowing Hundley and the offense to make it a game with several blown coverages. With that said, if they can grab a win this week, it would go a long way in at least giving Rodgers a shot to work a miracle and get them in.

The good thing for them is that they have Tampa Bay and the Browns coming up over the next two weeks, not the worst obstacle for them to overcome before facing three quality opponents in the Panthers, Vikings, and Lions. I'd rather not have to face Rodgers in the playoffs in any scenario, but I would be confident in the case that we had to. Should be interesting to see how the rest of their season plays out with these two weak opponents and needing some help along the way. 

I used the playoff path tool that VaBeach_Eagle found to mess around with some things for them and the Eagles as well. 

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/upshot/green-bay-packers-nfl-playoff-picture.html

Rodgers can definitely help us out but I don't see him hurting us in the play offs because Green Bay aren't going to be there. They are too far back at this point for even a wild card spot. Unless Rodgers comes back now I think they have way too much to do... Thankfully! 

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Rodgers can definitely help us out but I don't see him hurting us in the play offs because Green Bay aren't going to be there. They are too far back at this point for even a wild card spot. Unless Rodgers comes back now I think they have way too much to do... Thankfully! 

I don't know how it works out but this says they are still in the hunt. Hopefully they need some crazy scenario to get in a wildcard spot because I'd really prefer not to face Rodgers in the playoffs

http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture

December 17th is the expected return date. 

3 hours ago, mike030270 said:

I don't know how it works out but this says they are still in the hunt. Hopefully they need some crazy scenario to get in a wildcard spot because I'd really prefer not to face Rodgers in the playoffs

They are only 1.5 games back with 5 to play. They play 3 teams ahead of them to close the year.

2 hours ago, Happyfoosball said:

So dumb.  Why let him see the field?  Why risk that back?  So dumb.  He's one hit away form being Romo 2.0

Back? Its his collar bone i thought?

if the Pack sneak in like I think they can, nothing is more dangerous than Rodgers, I mean Nothing not Brady .. nothing.. But Wentz seemed pretty A Rod like this year,,

3 hours ago, Happyfoosball said:

So dumb.  Why let him see the field?  Why risk that back?  So dumb.  He's one hit away form being Romo 2.0

He broke his collar bone, nothing to do with his back...

The target is week 15 @ Carolina.  GB has to really consider whether or not they want to send him out there against that defense.  It's a calculated risk.  

5 hours ago, mike030270 said:

I think to be honest... If they made it and Rodgers was too return they'd be the team to avoid! I don't think anyone would want to face them with Rodgers out to prove a point after missing so much time. 

13 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I thought they were dead, but lo and behold.  Seattle loses tonight and they are just a game back.

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think to be honest... If they made it and Rodgers was too return they'd be the team to avoid! I don't think anyone would want to face them with Rodgers out to prove a point after missing so much time. 

Sadly wed get them as the 6 seed in the divisional round if they beat the 3

While I'm not going to lose sleep if the Pack miss the playoffs, we're not likely to have an easy road no matter who we play.

3 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

I thought they were dead, but lo and behold.  Seattle loses tonight and they are just a game back.

Oh they are alive and kicking with Cleveland next week? Mind you the best they can get to is 10-6 and I don't even see them doing that.