McNabbIsGone

Jon Gruden Open To Head Coach Giants?

I don't think Gruden will go back into coaching. He's got a nice thing going with his broadcasting gig. I don't see him giving that up.

Another Jon Gruden coaching rumor. Although he slightly made a comment about if Eli returns but I won't believe it until I actually see him on the sideline. 

Wildly overrated shtick.  He's brutal in the booth.

He wont give up what he has ,  he has a ton going for him ... Like Gruden QB camp ect .  He gets to do more of what he loves . If you watch him in QB camp you can tell its a passion .  

1 hour ago, NE.Jon said:

He wont give up what he has ,  he has a ton going for him ... Like Gruden QB camp ect .  He gets to do more of what he loves . If you watch him in QB camp you can tell its a passion .  

...and commercials for beer and tires.

6 minutes ago, TV Guy said:

...and commercials for beer and tires.

He will always have it back of mind he wants to coach again  , its in his blood .  

3 hours ago, toolg said:

I don't think Gruden will go back into coaching. He's got a nice thing going with his broadcasting gig. I don't see him giving that up.

That's what the smart $$ says . . . but what we don't know is:  How big of an 'itch' does Gruden have?

From the above article:

"It's clear that Gruden has the itch to coach again, but it remains unlikely that he will return anytime soon when you consider how much money ESPN is rumored to pay him in salary. In order to lure Gruden back to the head coaching ranks, the Giants, or any other team, would have to make him a very lucrative offer."

I doubt he would want to coach a team in the same division as his brother.

Obviously Jay could get fired, but as of now he's still the Redskins head coach.

5 hours ago, TV Guy said:

Then he'll go hand in hand with Eli who he reportedly wants back if he's to take the job. 

And more to the point why would they want a coach who wants Eli back as the starter? Makes no sense. That's a move to hold back that organization further. 

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Then he'll go hand in hand with Eli who he reportedly wants back if he's to take the job. 

And more to the point why would they want a coach who wants Eli back as the starter? Makes no sense. That's a move to hold back that organization further. 

That was his problem with the bucs. He only wants to coach veterans. He doesn't have the patience or desire to deal with young players. 

6 hours ago, bwestbrook36 said:

That was his problem with the bucs. He only wants to coach veterans. He doesn't have the patience or desire to deal with young players. 

Which given his QB camp that he gets so passionate about is kind of surprising really. 

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Which given his QB camp that he gets so passionate about is kind of surprising really. 

Thus casting doubt upon the assumption that Gruden only wants to coach vets.

2 hours ago, McNabbIsGone said:

Thus casting doubt upon the assumption that Gruden only wants to coach vets.

He never tried to develop younger players. With the raiders he went with Gannon with the bucs it was Johnson. Look at both those teams he loaded them up with old arse players. That were never replaced. 

The camp gruden thing is just a show he doesn't actually have to develop those guys. Even on the show he rips the young guys apart. 

Why would Eli being back have any effect on his desire to coach that team? Usually a coach wants to go to a team with a good young qb or in his prime qb, not a 37 year old whose best days are behind him. 

1 hour ago, nipples said:

Why would Eli being back have any effect on his desire to coach that team? Usually a coach wants to go to a team with a good young qb or in his prime qb, not a 37 year old whose best days are behind him. 

Was just going to ask this. Makes no sense

2 hours ago, nipples said:

That's exactly what I was saying. The bucs got sick of gruden because of the carousel of old washed up QBs. The players also got tired of his in your face crap all the time. It didn't go well with the younger players. So if Gruden still has that mentality then he would absolutely want to come back with Eli

On 12/6/2017 at 11:53 AM, NE.Jon said:

I really like the QB Camp. It's a decent way to see if a guy is a leader (Wentz/Watson) or a clown (Lynch). I wish I'd be able to hear his actual assessment of the QB's, though.

There aren't a whole bunch of good coaching candidates this year. They will probably do worse than Gruden.

Dude makes like 6 million a year right? No stress, looks like he is 30. He would be an idiot to go back into coaching. But i guess they do get the bug sometimes.

On 06/12/2017 at 11:41 AM, TV Guy said:

No way. I love hearing about how every player is the best player in the NFL.