Procus

Sashi Brown out in Cleveland

When are they going to fire Paul DePodesta? He didn't want Carson... I heard Ray Didinger and Ron Jaworski say, Hue Jackson wanted Carson. If that's true, his job might be safe.

11 minutes ago, Brotha2thaNite said:

When are they going to fire Paul DePodesta? He didn't want Carson... I heard Ray Didinger and Ron Jaworski say, Hue Jackson wanted Carson. If that's true, his job might be safe.

Haslam is quoted as saying that Hue Jackson will be back next year.  Word is the team is focused on hiring John Dorsey as its next GM.

28 minutes ago, Brotha2thaNite said:

They also said hue Jackson was the only one to show up for Carson's pro day in a blizzard. Either way Jackson probably would of screwed Carson up. 

So it seems Jackson won the old coach-GM power struggle. Hey Haslam, we can tell you how those things usually work out.

1 hour ago, mike030270 said:

They need to get new scouts badly

They fired the ones that said to draft Carson ... maybe just hire those back .   , but is Depodesta is still around I would worry as a browns fan 

Jackson and DePodesta need to go.  I can't see any GM/Personnel guy wanting that job without having a say in who coaches the team and who they report to.  

Il go be the GM for a year or 2 at the Brown ... Hell I dont think anyone one this board could od much worse than when was done there past few years.   

9 hours ago, NE.Jon said:

They fired the ones that said to draft Carson ... maybe just hire those back .   , but is Depodesta is still around I would worry as a browns fan 

I wouldn't worry for that reason.  Dorsey is calling the shots.

2 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I've met the guy. He's an a**. 

Wasn’t he fired for his attitude?

So... All that time spent trying to do something a little different and now they've thrown all of that out? 

I'm not saying they are wrong to, the results have been awful... But why did it take so long? They knew the game plan by Sashi and strategy to acquire draft picks. Now they have thrown all of that out and are starting again. 

At least Dorsey has roughly 1000 first and second round picks in next year's draft to get it right. 

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

So... All that time spent trying to do something a little different and now they've thrown all of that out? 

I'm not saying they are wrong to, the results have been awful... But why did it take so long? They knew the game plan by Sashi and strategy to acquire draft picks. Now they have thrown all of that out and are starting again. 

At least Dorsey has roughly 1000 first and second round picks in next year's draft to get it right. 

Browns will need 3 + years to start fixing everything Brown did ... All the talent they let walk to just let walk .  It was not even about cap space as they still had a ton and could do things like  eat brocks salary for a pick and not even use him .  But I also dont think they are as bad off some people think .  I think the team needs the right culture and right people running the show .

Nothing will change. Cleveland rushed their search.  DePodesta will continue to have influence. Haslam is a terrible owner. Jackson is a terrible HC. He is a good coordinator, but his playcalling is atrocious.  Cleveland should've cleaned house and rebuilt the right way.

4 hours ago, NE.Jon said:

Browns will need 3 + years to start fixing everything Brown did ... All the talent they let walk to just let walk .  It was not even about cap space as they still had a ton and could do things like  eat brocks salary for a pick and not even use him .  But I also dont think they are as bad off some people think .  I think the team needs the right culture and right people running the show .

They already ate Brock's salary when Houston gave them a 2nd round pick just to take that salary. Even so Brock wasn't worth anything in trade cause the speculation was he was gonna get cut no mater what. 

8 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

They already ate Brock's salary when Houston gave them a 2nd round pick just to take that salary. Even so Brock wasn't worth anything in trade cause the speculation was he was gonna get cut no mater what. 

Yes , the point is that they even had that to waste  and didnt even cut deep into their Cap situation .   Thats insane , then fans wonder why they are 1-27 past 2 seasons

WTF!?!?! He made so many good trades for us

51 minutes ago, NE.Jon said:

Yes , the point is that they even had that to waste  and didnt even cut deep into their Cap situation .   Thats insane , then fans wonder why they are 1-27 past 2 seasons

It's easy to have a cap like that when they keep drafting guys that are not worth a second contract lol. 

They have enough talent they should of won at least 10 games between this year and last. Hue Jackson is just horrible. 

8 hours ago, CaliEagle said:

Nothing will change. Cleveland rushed their search.  DePodesta will continue to have influence. Haslam is a terrible owner. Jackson is a terrible HC. He is a good coordinator, but his playcalling is atrocious.  Cleveland should've cleaned house and rebuilt the right way.

Who's to say they won't?  The new GM has a few live games to evaluate everyone and decide who gets canned.