DaveSpadaro

[Spadaro] 'Next Man Up' Tests Eagles In New Way

I'm just sick about what happened!!  Like all of you, wishing and hoping for the best.  Gotta keep teams honest or they'll stack the box on you every time for the run.  If we keep our balance, we can still win.  Foles was very instrumental in winning this game for us.  Kudos to him and IMO, team played supporting him.  Depending on the medical test results on Carson,  we could be a WWW (Win Without Wentz) team but would rather translate it to a (Win With Wentz) team.  My prayers go out to both Carson and Nick along with the rest of the team.  Hoping for the best.  Gr8 pep talk by Kobe.  Hope they all play like that in the future.

5 minutes ago, EaglesNJ69 said:

I'm just sick about what happened!!  Like all of you, wishing and hoping for the best.  Gotta keep teams honest or they'll stack the box on you every time for the run.  If we keep our balance, we can still win.  Foles was very instrumental in winning this game for us.  Kudos to him and IMO, team played supporting him.  Depending on the medical test results on Carson,  we could be a WWW (Win Without Wentz) team but would rather translate it to a (Win With Wentz) team.  My prayers go out to both Carson and Nick along with the rest of the team.  Hoping for the best.  Gr8 pep talk by Kobe.  Hope they all play like that in the future.

I understand what you are saying about defenses stacking the box if we run more but I think it is now time to reassess our run game AND the running backs. I am getting a little tired of seeing Blount get a yard and a half a carry for 7 or 8 carries in a row before he breaks one for a 10 yard run. You can't keep the chains moving running the ball at one yard per carry. It makes you have to pass more. I believe the Eagles would be better served by keeping Blount for the second half of games. I also believe that he should not be carrying the ball from the shotgun position but under center. If Ajayi is eventually going to be our featured back then lets see what he has in the last three games. My only concern with Ajayi is that he doesn't look comfortable yet catching the ball. Maybe Miami didn't ask him to catch passes but in our offense he needs to be able to do it efficiently. He needs more reps in practice to get comfortable. Clement catches passes very well thus far. I believe it is time for these two guys to get most of the reps. At least in the first half of games.

Pederson has 3 power runners. Why isn't he utilizing them efficiently? I agree, possibly what happened to Wentz could have been prevented. Pederson has this fixation for always throwing the ball and it caught up with him. 

So now here is an interesting idea i think. IF and I am praying its a big IF that Wentz has to go to IR, do we think that Jones could now be activated and start practicing and then be placed on the 53 man IF Wentz has to go to IR? The roster spot would now be open and we can start getting him some live snaps.

I also think Brady did the same thing in what 08 and it was confirmed later he did tear his acl and mcl even after walking off this doesnt bode well for Wentz. But this will be a learning experience for him that he needs to protect himself even more and just through the ball away or on a goal situation (I heard this on the first take segment he needs to get more air borne like Cam does because you know the CB is going to come in low (which happened) and you can avoid getting your legs pinned and smashed and that is exactly what happened.)

Just checking to see if anyone else noticed a comment Mike Quick said last night after the game. He said that Trey Burton is going to make a good TE for another team next year. Don't know if it was a slip of the tongue or he knows something the rest of us don't. I personally believe that Ertz and Burton should be our two TE's ends going forward. How can Burton perform any better than he has performed with the amount of reps he has gotten. I was not even concerned one bit with Ertz being out for yesterdays game. I knew Burton would come through in the clutch because he is a clutch player.

Wrang, you're pretty much summing up all my thoughts to this point. Thanks for saving me the typing!

Also, quite a few things around the league went our way last night. Eagles are the NFC East Champs by the way, guys! I know it beats all our expectations going into the season and I realize we all adjusted those expectations as the season went on, but hey, our whole team got us here. Some adjustments to our style are very possible. Of course the big news sucks but let's see what else we got.

I always liked Burton and he wholly solidified that when he stepped in for Dorenbos last year. It sucks that he's a free agent that may be on the block. But much of it depends on the guy i like even more, Celek. Man was it awesome to see those guys get their action last night.

It is going to be interesting to see how Foles plays the rest of the season. He had to play under Kelly putting up great stats one year and nothing the next. Then had to play under Fisher who is a qb killer because look at what Goff and Keenum are doing. There is no reason, besides we are the most blitzed team and that pressure will come even more because teams know Foles has no speed and will not evade like Wentz did, that Fole can't be the game manager. Teams will stack the box and to stop our run game until Foles shows he can beat them in the air. With this WR core I think he can beat teams in the air. I also think that no matter if we secure a first round bye and even home field before the dullass game that the starters dont play most of that game also as Foles needs as much live reps as possible. Plus the fact that we could sweep the division and end the cowboys playoffs chances again would be icing on the cake.

3 minutes ago, Swoopin' said:

Wrang, you're pretty much summing up all my thoughts to this point. Thanks for saving me the typing!

Also, quite a few things around the league went our way last night. Eagles are the NFC East Champs by the way, guys! I know it beats all our expectations going into the season and I realize we all adjusted those expectations as the season went on, but hey, our whole team got us here. Some adjustments to our style are very possible. Of course the big news sucks but let's see what else we got.

LOL Well I was hoping that the Panthers beat Minnesota yesterday because I don't believe the Vikings will lose another regular season game this year. Now the ball is in our own court and the last three games are important if the goal is the number one seed. I wouldn't have it any other way because it makes you have to keep your edge. With a new QB starting for at least a couple games, or maybe more keeping your edge the whole way through the rest of the season is important before going into the playoffs.

Torrey Smith had a good game yesterday but was it me or did i see a lot more of Mack on the field?

By the way, Foles has been practicing all year with Mack and Burton on the second team. His familiarity with them could come up big in clutch situations. Not to mention AJ's ridiculous vice-like hands. That catch was sweet!

13 hours ago, 08GSXR said:

Also is Bradham comes up with the easy pick in the 2nd quarter this game could have been a laugher and Foles comes in for relief but nope we let them stick around. Also the D tackling was pretty sloppy at times also. 

Expecting perfection are we? It's a GAME with HUMANS.Did you find anything GOOD in this win???

6 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Kudos to Foles who stepped in to finish off the game with little or no Game Plan practice and to Coach Pederson for managing Foles. Remember, Foles played ZERO preseason.

Foles did a great job in a tough environment.We will lose some thing without Wentz,but he has playoff experience and probably the best surrounding team he has ever played with.Adjustments need to be made,but Foles has been there with THIS team.He knows what to do

2 hours ago, 1wrangler said:

I have voiced my opinion numerous times about Wentz having more of a possibility to get hurt running than what he had with Big-V playing LT. You can come up with any scenario you want about should have could have after the fact. My scenario is if Bradham catches both those picks we have a different game altogether. Stine, I don't think you have to worry any longer about whether we will run the ball more going forward. If Foles gets hurt what do we have left? Time to turn the thoroughbreds loose and let the Offensive line do some run blocking. 

Stop with blaming Bradham,those were TOUGH balls to catch,especially when you aren't expecting them.He made the effort@@

5 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Expecting perfection are we? It's a GAME with HUMANS.Did you find anything GOOD in this win???

Oh no not at all, just when you have chances to make plays in big games we have to thats all. NFCE champs is more than expected going into this season and Smith had 100 yards receiving. I think Foles can be a game manager. It was just if Bradham picks off the lame duck attempt by using his left arm underneath instead of looking ahead to who might hit him if he picks it off the game becomes 28-7 in the second 1/4 and changes how we play which could have lead to Wentz not having to take that hit. I know its a bunch of ifs but just saying. I dont want to believe Wentz has a torn acl thats all.

1 hour ago, 1wrangler said:

One other thing running the ball accomplishes, it takes time off the clock and keeps your defense fresher. I have noticed that in the last two games our defense looked gassed before the  end of the game. We didn't have that earlier in the season.

2 BTB tough teams,howvever it's good experience they can use later as the post season will be tough because you face the best opponents.We did prove we can win tough away games.1/2 is not terrible and we did it with our BU QB,so let's not stop hooping this team can go the distance

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Stop with blaming Bradham,those were TOUGH balls to catch,especially when you aren't expecting them.He made the effort@@

Disagree there on the first one for sure. He dropped back into coverage like he expected the pass to go that way and timed the jump pretty well. So that one was him looking in front instead of securing the ball but he is a LB so the ball skills are lacking with the jump then.

1 minute ago, 08GSXR said:

Oh no not at all, just when you have chances to make plays in big games we have to thats all. NFCE champs is more than expected going into this season and Smith had 100 yards receiving. I think Foles can be a game manager. It was just if Bradham picks off the lame duck attempt by using his left arm underneath instead of looking ahead to who might hit him if he picks it off the game becomes 28-7 in the second 1/4 and changes how we play which could have lead to Wentz not having to take that hit. I know its a bunch of ifs but just saying. I dont want to believe Wentz has a torn acl thats all.

No doubt it would have made the win easier,no opposition to that.But tough catching every ball on defense when you aren't expecting them.He made 2 valliant efforts,just did not fall to him.It happens to everyone.BTW Antonio brown is a freakin STUD.Great game last night 

1 minute ago, 08GSXR said:

Disagree there on the first one for sure. He dropped back into coverage like he expected the pass to go that way and timed the jump pretty well. So that one was him looking in front instead of securing the ball but he is a LB so the ball skills are lacking with the jump then.

So you pick out the bad and leave the good go.he made some sweet plays yesterday.Not gonna be perfection every game man

5 minutes ago, 08GSXR said:

Yeah we will lose some of Wentz's attributes with Nick,but also remember he led this team once and has the best players he has ever had surrounding him,not like it was before when he was our starter.We simply have to adjust to how Foles plays vs Wentz.I will not give up hope yet

Well everyone is entitled to their opinions just like I am entitled to mine. Now on to the Giants. After seeing that their run defense is ranked 31st in the league I was thinking that now would be a good time to roll out the running game however I just looked up their pass defense and it is ranked 31st as well. LOL 

Also,Nick did a fine job in clinching the win.He looked pretty sharp IMO really for having to step right in and perform at a high level with the game and MFCE on the line.Alot of pressure there and he handled it well

1 minute ago, 1wrangler said:

Well everyone is entitled to their opinions just like I am entitled to mine. Now on to the Giants. After seeing that their run defense is ranked 31st in the league I was thinking that now would be a good time to roll out the running game however I just looked up their pass defense and it is ranked 31st as well. LOL 

No let downs!!! I want them destroyed

2 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

if we win vs Gnats,I can't complain about going 2/3 on road games in a row.We close at home,so thats a good thing

Just now, GreenbleedinFL said:

if we win vs Gnats,I can't complain about going 2/3 on road games in a row.We close at home,so thats a good thing

BTW IMO Foles is as good as ELi,I expect no drop off if we make the adjustments.Also BIG KUDOS to Burton,who stepped into fill Ertz role.We ahould have Ertz back for the Gnats game,a weapon we did NOT have yesterday