Sign in to follow this  
AlpineEagle

Week 15: Bears @ Lions

1 hour ago, BCEagle said:

We want the Bears to win, though it probably won't matter. #SoV

How would strength-of-victory help the Eagles? The Bears also played the Vikings once and will play them again. A Bears win would help the Vikings NOT the Eagles in a tiebreak between those two teams.

Unless there is some far-fetched scenario involving a tie with the Saints which would come down to that (seems unlikely), I don't see a Bears win being of any mathematical benefit to the Eagles.

Besides, I'd like to for the Lions to stay in front of Dallas in the WC hunt.

3 hours ago, BCEagle said:

We want the Bears to win, though it probably won't matter. #SoV

1 hour ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

How would strength-of-victory help the Eagles? The Bears also played the Vikings once and will play them again. A Bears win would help the Vikings NOT the Eagles in a tiebreak between those two teams.

Unless there is some far-fetched scenario involving a tie with the Saints which would come down to that (seems unlikely), I don't see a Bears win being of any mathematical benefit to the Eagles.

Besides, I'd like to for the Lions to stay in front of Dallas in the WC hunt.

SOV is no longer relevant to us. With Minnesota losing to Carolina, and us beating the Rams, we've already secured the 3rd tie breaker which is common games.

38 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

SOV is no longer relevant to us. With Minnesota losing to Carolina, and us beating the Rams, we've already secured the 3rd tie breaker which is common games.

I was thinking some unlikely scenario where we ended up tied with the Vikings and the Saints and common games would then might not count. We could all finish 12-4 and with a 9-3 conference record. So it would then go to SoV where it is #1 Saints and then common opponents would be used to break the tie between the #2 Eagles and #3 Vikings.