Sign in to follow this  
AlpineEagle

Week 15: Chargers @ Chiefs

Just now, pisceschica said:

:lol: another fg attempt 

chargers need to go down the field and actually do something now. gave away 3 points on a dumb play call. rivers was hot too. was 5-5 on the previous drive. just let him carve up the chiefs.

1 minute ago, pisceschica said:

Rivers lucky they’re still only down one possession 

i actually blame it more on the OC for calling a deep pass. why? like you just went down the field methodically and punished the chiefs. furthermore, the chiefs all nigth ahve been playing two guys back so you cannot throw the deep ball. just keep marching down the field. really the chiefs havent stopped you unless you have taken shots deep which have been incomplete or intercepted

Just now, metalhead0043 said:

omfg x2

i swear the chargers love to find new and interesting ways to lose football games. they need to get a turnover or force a 3 and out

Why intercept a pass on 4th down? Unless you have a clear path to the EZ, or can really better the FP, just bat it down and save FP.

Just now, pisceschica said:

——I knew that was going to be an int as soon as he threw it

first, benjamin is a complete moron. if he just goes forward he gets the yard for the firs.t why the f are you trying to get to the outside? what purpose when you need first downs?

second, why are the chargers throwing the ball on 4th and 1. that is beyond stupid when gordon had been running well

Just now, EagleJoe8 said:

Why intercept a pass on 4th down? Unless you have a clear path to the EZ, or can really better the FP, just bat it down and save FP.

In that situation it makes sense. First the receiver was behind him so had he not caught it the receiver had a chance. Secondly it was only about 5 yards from original LOS ;)

Chargers lay an egg. They start the season 0 for, the chiefs start tanking mid season, and with an opportunity to take control of division you blow it. 

1 minute ago, pisceschica said:

Chargers lay an egg. They start the season 0 for, the chiefs start tanking mid season, and with an opportunity to take control of division you blow it. 

i love the refs not calling anything then 10 seconds after the play it is a penalty lol

not sure what the chargers are doing. use your timeouts.

Just now, VaBeach_Eagle said:

This game wasn't nearly as good as I'd have expected.

the game completely changed when the offensive coordinator after rivers went 88 yards without an incompletion decided to take a shot deep. there really was no need in a 4 point game. it changed the entire game

People were crazy to think that the Chargers would go into New England or Pittsburgh in the playoffs and beat those teams.  The Chargers have some talent, but they aren't ready to be a Super Bowl contender.  The Chargers need a more dynamic running back.  Melvin Gordon is just okay, but not the answer.  Ekeler is a decent change of pace back, but not a lead running back.

The NFL is a league of shifting tides of momentum.  I had the vibe all week the Chiefs were winning this one.  Juxtaposition of 2 opposing trends.  Both couldn't continue for much longer.  Chargers had to expend so much energy to attain relevance after an 0-4 start.  Chiefs couldn't continue to flounder more than they had.  Time was up for both streaks. 

1 hour ago, Greenakers2 said:

The NFL is a league of shifting tides of momentum.  I had the vibe all week the Chiefs were winning this one.  Juxtaposition of 2 opposing trends.  Both couldn't continue for much longer.  Chargers had to expend so much energy to attain relevance after an 0-4 start.  Chiefs couldn't continue to flounder more than they had.  Time was up for both streaks. 

Plus this is typical Andy Reid coached teams to get hot in December. choke time isn't until next month.