Sign in to follow this  
BCEagle

NFC Week 16 clinching/elimination scenarios

Recommended Posts

Oddly enough, the winner of the Dallas-Seattle game cannot be eliminated this week; however, a tie eliminates both of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, BCEagle said:

Oddly enough, the winner of the Dallas-Seattle game cannot be eliminated this week; however, a tie eliminates both of them.

Yep. The Falcons and Saints play each other so one of them losing will keep the Dallas/Seattle winner alive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dallas/Seattle is basically the first playoff game of the year!! Woo! Going to be good...I say it's 50/50. Can Seattle really meltdown and lose 3 in a row???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, cowboy30 said:

Dallas/Seattle is basically the first playoff game of the year!! Woo! Going to be good...I say it's 50/50. Can Seattle really meltdown and lose 3 in a row???

Well, I don't think we'll see the Seahawks come out flat like they did against the Rams, but I can easily see the Seahawks losing this on.  To me, they're only chance is with Zeke playing rusty by being gone 6 weeks.  But there isn't a ton of rust to shake off from the RB position, after a few carries I'm sure it'd be gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Dawkins 20 said:

Yep. The Falcons and Saints play each other so one of them losing will keep the Dallas/Seattle winner alive.

The Dallas/Seahawks winner needs to win both remaining games, and at least one of the Falcons, Saints, or Panthers to lose both remaining games to get into the playoffs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Northern Green Wings said:

Well, I don't think we'll see the Seahawks come out flat like they did against the Rams, but I can easily see the Seahawks losing this on.  To me, they're only chance is with Zeke playing rusty by being gone 6 weeks.  But there isn't a ton of rust to shake off from the RB position, after a few carries I'm sure it'd be gone.

Original poster had them winning out lmao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, toolg said:

The Dallas/Seahawks winner needs to win both remaining games, and at least one of the Falcons, Saints, or Panthers to lose both remaining games to get into the playoffs.

Yeah it's a long shot that either of them make it in, but they're both lucky that the teams they're chasing are playing each other this week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And the Lions need to lose once. I mean it is the Lions, but I have a hard time seeing them lose to the Bengals and Packers (if Rodgers doesn't play)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, cowboy30 said:

And the Lions need to lose once. I mean it is the Lions, but I have a hard time seeing them lose to the Bengals and Packers (if Rodgers doesn't play)

I wonder if the Packers will actually shutdown Rodgers.  It makes sense as the season is lost and he's recovering from an injury.  But Rodgers also strikes me as the type that wants to go down and give the fans hope for next season, and to play spoiler against division rivals in Minnesota and Detroit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dawkins 20 said:

Yep. The Falcons and Saints play each other so one of them losing will keep the Dallas/Seattle winner alive.

Unless the Seahawks and Cowboys tie. Then the Rams, Saints, Falcons, and Panthers all clinch a playoff spot while the Cowboys, Seahawks , and Lions are all eliminated. So, I guess it's let's go tie!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cowboy30 said:

Dallas/Seattle is basically the first playoff game of the year!! Woo! Going to be good...I say it's 50/50. Can Seattle really meltdown and lose 3 in a row???

It is very much like a playoff -- single elimination game. I think the Cowboys will win this one, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Northern Green Wings said:

I wonder if the Packers will actually shutdown Rodgers.  It makes sense as the season is lost and he's recovering from an injury.  But Rodgers also strikes me as the type that wants to go down and give the fans hope for next season, and to play spoiler against division rivals in Minnesota and Detroit

Reports say he's sore after Sunday's action. He wasn't 100% on Sunday but ready enough to play. I'd shut him down. There's nothing left to play for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, toolg said:

Reports say he's sore after Sunday's action. He wasn't 100% on Sunday but ready enough to play. I'd shut him down. There's nothing left to play for.

Well, he's been placed on IR so that's that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, BCEagle said:

?

The original poster is the username of a Seahawks troll that joined board less than a week before the game and ran his/her mouth TATE days after the loss. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cowboy30 said:

And the Lions need to lose once. I mean it is the Lions, but I have a hard time seeing them lose to the Bengals and Packers (if Rodgers doesn't play)

It's easy to see the Lions dropping one, especially to GB. They are the Lions. That's what they do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, pisceschica said:

The original poster is the username of a Seahawks troll that joined board less than a week before the game and ran his/her mouth TATE days after the loss. 

Ha ha. For some reason I thought you guys were talking about me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this