Sign in to follow this  
VaBeach_Eagle

Michael Irvin accused of impropriety by former NFLN employee

On 12/22/2017 at 5:57 AM, Gmen4ever said:

Its only a matter of time before women stop getting hired completely for a lot of jobs because of this ish. He put his arm around your waist?!

GTFOH:facepalm:

Its getting out of hand. It really is.

How about men just stop the arse grabbing? it's totally disrespectful.   These women are in a lose/lose situation really and that has to change. 

35 minutes ago, SNOORDA said:

How about men just stop the arse grabbing? it's totally disrespectful.   These women are in a lose/lose situation really and that has to change. 

The problem is the instant judgment of guilty while only getting one side of the story. 

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/YF6Yb

Hopefully that links. If not, its a woman saying its ok if innocent men lose their job to a false accusation.

And now Jody Foster says all men over 30 have to accept their part in it all.

6 hours ago, SNOORDA said:

How about women just stop over-dramatizing even the slightest bit of flirtation from men, just to get their names in the headlines and ruin these guys' lives in the process? Very few(if any) of them have furnished a single shred of evidence to support their claims, and yet, because of the court of public opinion finding them guilty anyway, and the employers of the guys being accused are terrified of bad PR, their careers and their lives are permanently damaged.

Anyone who believes that more than 5-10% of these claims are legit is hopelessly naive, and there are apparently a crap ton of naive people out there

10 hours ago, Gmen4ever said:

How about women just stop over-dramatizing even the slightest bit of flirtation from men, just to get their names in the headlines and ruin these guys' lives in the process? Very few(if any) of them have furnished a single shred of evidence to support their claims, and yet, because of the court of public opinion finding them guilty anyway, and the employers of the guys being accused are terrified of bad PR, their careers and their lives are permanently damaged.

Anyone who believes that more than 5-10% of these claims are legit is hopelessly naive, and there are apparently a crap ton of naive people out there

It's kinda difficult to prove someone groped you.  But we know it happens all the time.  Women are starting to speak out more as of late. And that's a good thing for them to impower themselves.   

I highly doubt there are many instances where a women just throws the claim out their towArds a famous person when it never happened at all.  But go right ahead and believe what you want. Whatever makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside. 

I would never make final judgment on anyone.  That's not my job   But if the employer fires them there is a very good chance that there is truth to the claim Ken he employer would face a wrongful termination suit   

37 minutes ago, SNOORDA said:

It's kinda difficult to prove someone groped you.  But we know it happens all the time.  Women are starting to speak out more as of late. And that's a good thing for them to impower themselves.   

I highly doubt there are many instances where a women just throws the claim out their towArds a famous person when it never happened at all.  But go right ahead and believe what you want. Whatever makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside. 

I would never make final judgment on anyone.  That's not my job   But if the employer fires them there is a very good chance that there is truth to the claim Ken he employer would face a wrongful termination suit   

And theres the problem. "We know it happens":rolleyes:

Without proof, no one knows a damn thing, but since its the trendy thing right now, and its the trendy thing to assume that every one of these women are telling the truth, these guys are all presumed guilty with zero evidence.

You dont think there are instances where a celebrity is wrongfully accused of doing something like this? Are you serious? Its one of the easiest, not to mention vindictive, things a woman can do to someone in the spotlight, especially now that the bandwagon is so full, and the average person believes every word of it. It gets the woman in the headlines, and more likely, gets a few dollars in her purse. It reeks of extortion.

Have women been vicitimized for hundreds of years? Yes, of course. There is no doubt that at least some of these claims are true, but thats not my argument. The problem is, these guys are presumed guilty with zero evidence. Sure, its tough to prove that someone groped you, but it seems to me that you dont seem to care about proof, just like all of the other naive bandwagon jumpers out there. These guys are already guilty in your eyes.

Putting your arm around a woman's waist, or casually flirting with a woman, is not deserving of a ruined career, or a ruined life, especially with no proof of the indiscretion.

3 hours ago, Gmen4ever said:

Putting your arm around a woman's waist, or casually flirting with a woman, is not deserving of a ruined career, or a ruined life, especially with no proof of the indiscretion.

Irvin's transgression, if grabbing her waist is the only thing (or the worst thing) he did, isn't the most horrible thing that can happen. Just from my impression of what I know of Irvin (which is just from what we see on TV or read in articles), makes me think that there's more to his behavior than we likely know. But that's just my impression, which is meaningless in the grand scheme of things.

For a male to grab a female co-worker by the waist, one who he's not in a relationship with, is at the very least an idiotic thing to do. If the NFL Network has sexual harassment training, Irvin would HAVE to know that doing so would (or could) fall under that category. If the NFL Network doesn't (didn't) have sexual harassment training, they really need to. Not just for the 'protection' of the female employees, but also for the male employees. They need to have the understanding that the slightest little thing, regardless of how harmless they may have intended it to be, could be turned into a sexual harassment law suit and could (at worst), ruin their broadcasting career.

These ex-players have almost certainly never been in a workplace environment where they're working with women. Their experiences with women are likely only in clubs, where they're free to go and grab a woman and say whatever comes to mind. Or in college where all of the girls on campus that they interacted with just want to score a future NFL player. So they don't really understand what's acceptable and what isn't. They're adults, but their social development was stunted somewhere around 8th or 9th grade, when they started playing High School football and dreams of college football and the NFL began to come into focus.

On 12/24/2017 at 8:23 AM, ndelaware said:

Here is a thought for all you who say" it's no big deal", what would be your reaction if your male boss put his arm around your waist?

I would make him remove it, then laugh about the incident for years with my friends at the bar.

However, I'm 6'3" 230. I don't feel physically threatened. An Abnormal Psychology professor once told me that changes the whole equation.

3 hours ago, SBorBust said:

I would make him remove it, then laugh about the incident for years with my friends at the bar.

However, I'm 6'3" 230. I don't feel physically threatened. An Abnormal Psychology professor once told me that changes the whole equation.

I'm 6'6, 252 lbs, so I get what you're saying, but I'd laugh it off, because not everything is a damn attempt at a sexual conquest, and I'm not a homophobe.

My company just fired 2 people for sexual harassment. One being part owner of the company. I can't defend either of then cause the stuff they would say to women was horrible. 

Here's an example of what I was talking about. This one filed a police report because she got slapped on the a**, and called it "sexual assault":facepalm:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/pro-trump-singer-says-corey-183120638.html

Now I'm not saying that what he did was appropriate, but.....sexual assault?! A damn police report?!?!

I'll say it again: GTFOH