OaktownGangstah

49'ers Playoff team 2018 season

I believe in the 9ers, Can't stand them but a real inspiring story as they have a legit offense now with Jimmy G there. What a performance over the best defense in the league. The Jags were supposed to have a defense that was better than the 2000 Ravens but ....  Niners a lock for a wildcard next year or the NFC West..  Signed 12-24-2017.

barring  major injuries, draft, strength of schedule, and a step backwards somewhere, you're correct.

on another note, my Bay Area brother; you've liked the Raiders since 1980 but Warren Sapp is your hero? They've had a lot of great players in Oaktown long before Sapp got to town.

Show me a game where the 2000 Ravens gave up 256 yards rushing in one game. I don’t think their defense is terrible but the comparisons are laughable 

48 minutes ago, OaktownGangstah said:

I believe in the 9ers, Can't stand them but a real inspiring story as they have a legit offense now with Jimmy G there. What a performance over the best defense in the league. The Jags were supposed to have a defense that was better than the 2000 Ravens but ....  Niners a lock for a wildcard next year or the NFC West..  Signed 12-24-2017.

When I worked for a company that provided digital asset management to 24 of the 32 NFL teams. I can tell you that five teams impressed me most with the degree to which they utilized film for game planning and scouting: Patriots, Eagles, Rams, Jaguars, and 49ers. I am not surprised that the Eagles, Rams, and Jaguars have turned things around -- I was only surprised that the 49ers hadn't yet. It is only a question of when.

We'll see. They still have a lot of teams ahead of them. And Garropolo had the benefit of little film and teams probably not taking 9ers seriously.

10 hours ago, jfluke said:

We'll see. They still have a lot of teams ahead of them. And Garropolo had the benefit of little film and teams probably not taking 9ers seriously.

Agreed.  The 49ers have a number of holes to fill, but they also have been doing this with their main FA signing this offseason (Pierre Garcon) out for much of the year due to injuries.  This draft will be huge for them.

A lot of people are saying Belichek did NOT want to do this trade, but Robert Kraft did it as a favor to Tom Brady.  

I think its good for the league as a whole when the niners are doing well.

They have been a premiere team in the past and are a storied franchise would be good to see them not suck.

They have been a premiere team in the past and are a storied franchise would be good to see them not suck.

On 12/29/2017 at 1:55 AM, pencil face said:

If the cap goes to $178m they will have $116 million in cap space, this team will be spending to build a contender..

And they already spent some of it by breaking the bank on Jimmy G.

On 2/21/2018 at 3:45 PM, Quiet Boy said:

Just gonna leave this here:

That was really good to watch, thanks @Quiet Boy

And wow at the 2:35 mark. His release is sharp and quick.

If true and they become a legit contender, suddenly the Rams/SF games look to be some of the best of the season.

Yeah, the 49ers are quickly becoming the darlings of 2018.......Jimmy G has got the national media attention and a big fat contract for playing 7 games.  

They don't have much when it comes to the skill players around JG.......and there is nothing special about their defense......Still need a lot of pieces.

They may be better, but I'd be shocked if they make the playoffs.....

I suspect they will do damage in the NFC West and be in play for a playoff game.

The best QB that the 49ers faced during that Garoppolo win steak was Blake Bortles.

They literally beat no one... 25th, 35th, 36th, 41st and 50th rated QBs.

• Jacksonville and Tennessee are only good teams if you don't look at their schedule. The went 4-0 and 3-0 against Indy and Yates/Savage Houston.
  • The Savage/Yates Texans were 1-9 and Indy was 2-14 when not facing Savage/Yates.
  • They were 6-6 and 6-7 in the rest of their games.
  • The AFC was a dumpster fire in 2017. Tennessee and Jacksonville were piles of garbage that had not yet been lit on fire, so they made the playoffs.
  • Jacksonville had 55 sacks. 28 of them came in those 4 joke games. They gave up about 6ppg to those 2 bad teams and 20+ to everyone else.

If you bet on SF to win 11 games next year, you will lose your money.

Can they win 8 games? maybe

3 hours ago, skippyx said:

The best QB that the 49ers faced during that Garoppolo win steak was Blake Bortles.

But that was also a extremely good defense and they beat down on them. That was very impressive. 

I'm not saying they win 11 games. Hell if they won 8-9 it would be a good turnaround. But they do have a lot of cap space and they do have a very good offensive HC. I think they are going to improve and with the right moves could be a legit contender in a couple of years.

14 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

But that was also a extremely good defense and they beat down on them. That was very impressive. 

I'm not saying they win 11 games. Hell if they won 8-9 it would be a good turnaround. But they do have a lot of cap space and they do have a very good offensive HC. I think they are going to improve and with the right moves could be a legit contender in a couple of years.

They are a candidate to go 9-7 or 10-6 and challenge for the NFC West and/or a Wild Card berth.  What might keep them down is the NFC West is a very tough division.

I can see it, but I don't think they are better than the Rams.. and the rest of the NFC is super competitive I'm not sure they can get in a wild card spot either.

Seahawks are trending down but I would never count them out so long as Wilson is there on offense and their defense doesn't get decimated.

Then other teams competing for wild card spots in the Panthers and Falcons this season are much ahead of the 49ers.  The Packers will have Rodgers back.  The Cowboys went 9-7 despite the 6 game Zeke suspension.  The way they got whalloped when Zeke didn't play doesn't lead you to believe he would of been the difference maker, but having him the full season can bump them up a win and be 10-6.

I just don't see it.  Not clearly better than the Rams, and they'll have so much competition for that wild card spot it'll be tough.

9 hours ago, Wallyhorse said:

They are a candidate to go 9-7 or 10-6 and challenge for the NFC West and/or a Wild Card berth.  What might keep them down is the NFC West is a very tough division.

That's true the NFC West is a very tough division. But I think Seattle are on the slide and I don't see a big revival from the Cards. So that leaves the Niners to perhaps fight it out with the Rams. 

On 12/28/2017 at 9:46 PM, Utebird said:

Screw that. Seriously, to hell with that statement. That's the same exact attitude that makes Cowboys fans think they're entitled to anything and everything.

1 hour ago, Fresh Prince said:

Screw that. Seriously, to hell with that statement. That's the same exact attitude that makes Cowboys fans think they're entitled to anything and everything.

Yeah except everybody not a cowboys fan hates the cowboys. I dont think ive ever heard anyone not a cowboys fan say hey im not a cowboys fan but i hope they at least do well. Cowboys along with the pats are probably one of the most hated teams in the league.

I got nothing against the niners unless theyre playing the eagles where as every week the cowboys play i secretly wish their stadium all its fans and players would spontaneously combust?