Sign in to follow this  
Born_Green

Rams plans failed?

People were talking about how the rams were allowing their starters to sit in their last game in hopes to alter seeding  to play the eagles but that pretty much  went out the window with the Saints losing to the bucs!  I did not see the bucs/ saints game but could they possibly have done the same thing?

Ultimately you get what you deserve and now the Rams are going to have to go to Minnesota if they win next week. You can't plan to alter seedings when it requires other teams. And to be honest I would hope McVay who's had a great year would have more respect. I hope he rested starters because their seed couldn't change and they couldn't earn a bye week. 

Conspiracy theories, everywhere I go . . . who knows?

I'm sure they're all wanting to play the Eagles now.

But wait until they get a taste of our '12th man'  fans

and the '13th man'  10 -15 - 20 degree windy temps.

52 minutes ago, Born_Green said:

People were talking about how the rams were allowing their starters to sit in their last game in hopes to alter seeding  to play the eagles but that pretty much  went out the window with the Saints losing to the bucs!  I did not see the bucs/ saints game but could they possibly have done the same thing?

I could definitely buy the rams were trying to drop to #4 seed. If they make it out of WC round I don’t blame them for wanting to take wounded eagles over Vikings  

But the saints still had the division crown to play for. Had the panthers won the saints would’ve been a #5 seed and most likely would have had to win 3 straight road games just to get to the super bowl. 

To me the saints did not play like a team that was "trying” to lose. 

It could be true, but it’s not as if the only conceivable reason a team would rest their starters is to game the playoff seeding. 

My guess is they rested the starters for actual legitimate reasons but would have been delighted if it just so happened to turn out they got the 4th seed.

Truthfully, all gaming the seeding would have done is delay the trip to Minnesota one extra week. 

1 hour ago, Born_Green said:

No, the Saints lost in the final seconds. They wanted to win.

Here's the play they won on (from NFL.COM yesterday):

td.JPG.993b8b499de5f557f9b7f8d0aef9d10e.JPG

There was about 15 seconds left in the game when that play happened.

I have no problem with a team trying to scheme to get the seed they want. It’s not tanking to get a better draft pick. They’re trying to win in the playoffs and have what they think would be the easier road to the super bowl. 

3 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

I have no problem with a team trying to scheme to get the seed they want. It’s not tanking to get a better draft pick. They’re trying to win in the playoffs and have what they think would be the easier road to the super bowl. 

Maybe. But arent the fans that bought tickets to the game owed real effort? 

Not talking about what comes down the road, just the ticket holders for that one game. In preseason, you expect to see 'vanilla', and backups. 

The Rams plan was to be as healthy as possible for the playoffs.

They will get a home game and take it from there.

They don't care who they play if they make it to the divisional round.

32 minutes ago, jfluke said:

Maybe. But arent the fans that bought tickets to the game owed real effort? 

Not talking about what comes down the road, just the ticket holders for that one game. In preseason, you expect to see 'vanilla', and backups. 

No not at all. The team needs to do what's best for the team. The same logic could be used to say the Eagles screwed over fans yesterday. 

1 minute ago, 20dawk4life said:

No not at all. The team needs to do what's best for the team. The same logic could be used to say the Eagles screwed over fans yesterday. 

In a way, they did. 

8 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

By winning HFA before week 17 and injuring key players don't get hurt. Got it:facepalm:

Im only talking about the one game, as stated previously. Fans that bought tickets to the game paid the same as those that bought tickets for games earlier in the year. Yet, they in essence, received a preseason game for their purchase.

1 hour ago, 55thAndRams said:

Weeks 16 and 17 are notorious for often being a slate of pointless games. If you’re not aware of that when you buy tickets, that’s your problem.

If you're a season ticket holder you have no choice.

You're buying the package knowing the above going in.

You just hope for the best value and plunk your  $$$  down.

2 hours ago, jfluke said:

Im only talking about the one game, as stated previously. Fans that bought tickets to the game paid the same as those that bought tickets for games earlier in the year. Yet, they in essence, received a preseason game for their purchase.

Sure fans that were actually able to purchase from the Eagles paid the same. Thousands of fans that bought through stubhub got a nice discount. 

I'm hearing both the Saints and Rams wanted to lose. Saints needed to win because they couldn't afford to lose the division to Carolina. Sean Payton supposedly called an all out blitz purposely after hearing the Panthers had lost. Winston threw deep to win the game. Sean was smiling on the sideline. I have a hard time believing it.

Both the Rams and Saints wanted the Panthers/Eagles road instead of the Falcons/Vikings one. Atlanta is more consistent than Carolina, but if Cam is on fire that team is tough to stop.

Gonna be fun in the NFC.

11 hours ago, McNabbIsGone said:

After calming down a bit following the last two weeks' games by the Eagles, I'm convinced we played a purposely vanilla scheme. 

I think we see less of the 'preseason' style Eagles and more of the '4 tds vs the Giants' eagles.

11 hours ago, McNabbIsGone said:

let's not praise the weather because we haven't played so well in it ourselves the past 2 weeks. 

On another note, it makes sense that other teams would be licking their chops. The Raiders played exceptionally well last year, only to crash out once Derek Carr got hurt. We're this year's version of them. 

1 hour ago, cowboy30 said:

I'm hearing both the Saints and Rams wanted to lose. Saints needed to win because they couldn't afford to lose the division to Carolina. Sean Payton supposedly called an all out blitz purposely after hearing the Panthers had lost. Winston threw deep to win the game. Sean was smiling on the sideline. I have a hard time believing it.

Both the Rams and Saints wanted the Panthers/Eagles road instead of the Falcons/Vikings one. Atlanta is more consistent than Carolina, but if Cam is on fire that team is tough to stop.

Gonna be fun in the NFC.

well the offense is gimpy but the d is just fine.  I hope if the saints lost on purpose to play the Eagles they make them regret coming to philly.  See how good they are in the NFCCG with their skill players get hit hard and often every chance they get

7 hours ago, madriver said:

After calming down a bit following the last two weeks' games by the Eagles, I'm convinced we played a purposely vanilla scheme. 

I think we see less of the 'preseason' style Eagles and more of the '4 tds vs the Giants' eagles.

I'm trying to stay positive . . . but it's gotten _really_ hard to do so. I'm going from what you mentioned above to:

"If it walks like a duck, sounds like a duck and acts like a duck . . . it's a duck!"    :facepalm:

7 hours ago, The_Talon said:

let's not praise the weather because we haven't played so well in it ourselves the past 2 weeks.  

Believe me I 'get' it . . . I'm just trying to stay positive by offsetting our teams' offensive ineptitude.

I haven't forgotten how Jon Gruden's Bucs came in here 14 years ago and kicked our  a s s e s.

I hope the Rams get destroyed by Minnesota or upset by the Falcons. I hope all their efforts to get cute with the seeding comes back and bites them in the @ss.

Nah. I think first and foremost, the Rams were resting to get guys healthy, and to be, well, rested.  If they went down a seed so they could face the Eagles in round 2 so be it.  While I think the Vikings are a better team than the Eagles currently, I do think that of all teams remaining in the NFC playoffs that we have the best HFA.