e-a-g-l-e-s eagles!

Belichick/Brady coming to an end?

Can't help but feel this is a bit of click bait? I mean is Kraft really that dumb to let the greatest coach ever walk away? If he is then wow... 

Right? This is all we need right now, something to get the Patriots all fired up right as the playoffs are about to begin.

I think Belichek either retires or goes to another place after this season. 

I don’t think he wanted to trade Jimmy G or Brissett. He was looking to the future for when Brady retires or ‘falls off the cliff’. Hell.... he may have even thought about trading him because nobody plays football forever. Get what you can and move on. 

But Brady thinks he can still play till 45. Belichek doesn’t believe that nonsense. I think the presence of Jimmy and Jacoby offended him. Notice.... Brady NEVER leaves games. Nobody ever gets snaps but him. Even in blowouts, Brady stays out there. He probably told Kraft to tell Bill to get rid of them. 

Bill ain’t staying after this year. Hopefully he retires and doesn’t go to the Giants. 

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Can't help but feel this is a bit of click bait? I mean is Kraft really that dumb to let the greatest coach ever walk away? If he is then wow... 

It’s not about just Belichek. I believe it’s just as much about Brady. I think Kraft thinks Brady is more responsible to their ‘dynasty’ than Belichek. I think he never wants Brady to leave. But you just KNOW Belichek will get rid of Brady one of these days. It’s what he does. If you don’t retire, he’ll get rid of you. 

Kraft wants Brady to stay until he retires as a Patriot. His choice was the best qb of all time or best coach of all time. He chose the qb. So Bill is probably gonna bounce. 

Every time the Pats have these "major issues", they end up winning the SB. Unfortunately, I see it happening again.  It's not surprising that Brady is getting nervous about losing his gig when he has seen it happen to other QBs in the League. He has a massive ego, but that's part of why he is so good because he doesn't accept failure.  Belichick is the one who may end up losing out.  Jimmy G. looks like the real deal and that would've been great for Belichick going forward. Now he has to worry about eventually finding a replacement.  A bad QB can make a good coach look bad.

16 minutes ago, Greg Garrity said:

It’s not about just Belichek. I believe it’s just as much about Brady. I think Kraft thinks Brady is more responsible to their ‘dynasty’ than Belichek. I think he never wants Brady to leave. But you just KNOW Belichek will get rid of Brady one of these days. It’s what he does. If you don’t retire, he’ll get rid of you. 

Kraft wants Brady to stay until he retires as a Patriot. His choice was the best qb of all time or best coach of all time. He chose the qb. So Bill is probably gonna bounce. 

here's a question for you then: how have the Patriots fared without Brady? In those seasons when Brady got hurt? I seem to recall 1 or 2 QB's having huge success and then getting traded away. What makes the Patriots so great is the system. Yes, very talented players, but BB has done more plug and play over the years with different players with tremendous success compared to any other coach in NFL history. He's made some very good but not elite players look like hall of famers. He knows how to get the best out of everyone.

If you're going to keep Brady at this stage in his career, it's either because you're clinging to the past and can't wake up or because Brady sells jerseys, and Belichek doesn't. 

Jerry Jones and BB would be a perfect match!!! Haha yea right, I wish. 20 years from now Garrett will still be coach.

13 minutes ago, cowboy30 said:

Jerry Jones and BB would be a perfect match!!! Haha yea right, I wish. 20 years from now Garrett will still be coach.

Jerry Jones already has plans to clone Jason Garrett.

39 minutes ago, The_Talon said:

here's a question for you then: how have the Patriots fared without Brady? In those seasons when Brady got hurt? I seem to recall 1 or 2 QB's having huge success and then getting traded away.

That question ultimately comes down to who do you think is more resposible for their success and SBs?

Patriots first 3 SBs, I think it’s more Belichek 70%/Brady 30%

that last couple SBs, Brady 60%/Belichek 40%

but Kraft probably thinks Brady is more of the reason for the teams success than Belichek and sided with Brady going ‘until he turns 45’ instead Belichek possibly trading Brady/moving forward to Jimmy or Jacoby.

1 hour ago, Greg Garrity said:

I think he never wants Brady to leave

But realistically speaking Bill can go on for much longer than Brady. So surely the wise move is to stick with Bill and see what he's got one Tom is gone?! It's the only way you can really see who needed who more. And ultimately Bill is trying to do the smart thing long term for that team. Because Jimmy has looked good in SF so far! And OK he probably won't ever be Brady but with Bill as coach and good pieces around him that could have been a good set up. 

Sounds like a chicken/egg situation. Is Belichek responsible for Brady's success, or is Brady responsible for Belichek? Hmmm... If I were Kraft I would side with the coach.

27 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

But realistically speaking Bill can go on for much longer than Brady. So surely the wise move is to stick with Bill and see what he's got one Tom is gone?! It's the only way you can really see who needed who more. And ultimately Bill is trying to do the smart thing long term for that team. Because Jimmy has looked good in SF so far! And OK he probably won't ever be Brady but with Bill as coach and good pieces around him that could have been a good set up. 

Players often dont see their own decline coming. Brady wants to go to 45. I honestly think his fall off is next year or the year after. Its already started.

41 minutes ago, bobbywizdum said:

Players often dont see their own decline coming. Brady wants to go to 45. I honestly think his fall off is next year or the year after. Its already started.

Steve Carlton was like that. Still good in his late thirties/early forties and said he expected to pitch until he was fifty. And then (figuratively) fell off a cliff. He went from good to bad almost overnight and hung on far too long. It was embarrassing at the end.

2 hours ago, bobbywizdum said:

I'm not disagreeing with that. In fact I'm agreeing and I'm saying surely as the owner you'd be better off sticking with your coach who can be around longer? 

Everyone forgets this about Montana / Young:

• Montana won 4 Super Bowls in 11 years and went 14-5 in the playoffs
  • Young won 1 Super Bowl in 9 years and went 8-6 in the playoffs.
  • Do you think the 49ers let Joe go because they thought they would get a whole 1 more Super Bowl and 8 playoff wins in the 90's?
  • The decision was also made easier by the fact that Joe missed all of 91 and some of 92 with an elbow injury. That was the 2nd major injury for a QB entering his age 37 season.

BTW, Brady is better than Montana and Garoppolo is no Steve Young.

• The idiot choice would be to let Brady go and sign Jimmy G.
  • The worse choice would be to keep Brady and pay Jimmy G 45 million in 2018 and 2019 to be the backup. (40+ million for QBs would kill their cap)
  • BB was right to trade Jimmy G (although he should have done it earlier for a bigger return)

Brady will be a top 10 NFL QB in 2018 and 2019. He will probably be so in 2020 as well. 2021 and beyond is anyone's guess, but the Patriots may have 6 more playoff wins and another title by then. He has played every game for the Patriots in the last 9 years besides 4 games off because the NFL denies the laws of physics. People who think he will be bad at age 41 or 42 are the same people who were sure he would be bad at 40.

4 hours ago, CaliEagle said:

Jerry Jones already has plans to clone Jason Garrett.

He has to.  Marvin Lewis won't be available for at least ten more years.

3 hours ago, bobbywizdum said:

Has it started? Statistically he is having one of his best seasons. He threw a pick in 5 straight games and still only has 8. 

18 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

i think belichick is a master at seeing something before anyone else does. go look at brady's last 6 games vs. jimmy g.

brady:

124-201(62%), 1,430 yards 10 touchdowns, 6 interceptions and 1 fumble lost.

jimmy g:

120-178 (67.4%), 1,560 7tds and 5 interceptions

really the difference isnt much considering that jimmy g is playing with severely less talented roster than the patriots and brady

I wouldn't call it severely.  Patriots roster has a ton of holes.

22 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

I wouldn't call it severely.  Patriots roster has a ton of holes.

I’d go check the niners WRs and tight ends and compare them to the patriots tight ends and WRs. Goodwin is the niners best receiving target (garçon is out). The patriots have cooks and Gronk. Ones a potential hall of fame type player and the other is a pro bowl caliber player. Rb is about the same. Otherwise the pats really have the edge on weapons. I’d also say brady plays behind a slightly better oline 

3 hours ago, bwestbrook36 said:

Has it started? Statistically he is having one of his best seasons. He threw a pick in 5 straight games and still only has 8. 

Thats high for brady. The pats run a very high % system. They dont take lots of risk. His arm is going.

If there is truth to this I'm somewhat shocked.  Shocked at the fact that a duo like Brady and BB after all they have been through and accomplished together, can't come up with a resolution that is good for everyone. I get that both of their careers are winding down and both want to go out on top because of their extremely unnatural competitive nature.  And I understand  kraft is in the middle. His team and his vision and BB should respect that.       . 

at the end of the day, if BB really was trying to sideline Brady that's classless(of course BB has always been kinda a douschbucket) . He is the GOAT.  OnLy an injury shoould prevent a GOAT From going out on his terms.  

Kraft is 100% in the right to support Brady but foolish in the way he did it. Sending JG to SF the way he did was a spiteful move   But he is the owner and a great one at that so...  he could have just told  BB, "Brady starts and that's that and if that's a problem it's on you.  Deal with it" ?  

Bill knows Brady better than anyone. But if there is one thing I've learned watching Brady's career from a distance is you never count him out.  Period.  

And at the same time, like other have mentioned,  BB is one of the best at making roster changes at the perfect time which is probably more of a reason why the patriots have had so much sustained success than the Brady factor. 

the patriots are not the Patriots without them both. Take away either one and they would have been more like the Colts probably. 

I'm sure  BB takes offense that the owner made a move against his wishes.  It tells BB that Brady is more important that him. And his ego took a huge hit.  

Swallow your Pride BB.  Make peace, Finish the ride with Brady and Kraft and the fans and ride off into the sunset as the GOAT coach.  

I wish the Eagles had this type of problems.  Lol