McNabbIsGone

Donovan Mc5 Fired Again!

Recommended Posts

On 1/5/2018 at 8:18 PM, M.C. said:

 

Image result for michael vick my legs my arms and my mind

I'll argue, this was more :facepalm: 

"I never even knew that was in the rulebook. It's part of the rules, and we have to go with it. I was looking forward to the next opportunity to get out there and try to win the game. I hate to see what happens in the Super Bowl, and I hate to see what happens in the playoffs, to settle with a tie."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, jfluke said:

Red flags? Only if she made a scene about it. Like she has now. Besides, referrals are almost pointless anymore. You cant say something negative without risking getting sued. Even if an employee is caught stealing and fired, the most you can safely say is "no, I wouldn't hire that person back". Its been that way for 30 years at least.

In any event, no way would I stay at a job where I felt that uncomfortable. 

Edit. And yes, the entertainment industry is huge. Its not limited to ESPN and NFL network.

You’re wrong.  When I call and ask for a referral, anything other than volunteered glowing comment means a red flag.  Non-positive reviews are essentially bad reviews.  That’s just the world we now live in. 

The industry is much smaller than you think.  I’m not sure what you do, but most industries are very small where everyone seems to know everyone within two degrees of separation at best.

Consider yourself lucky enough to never have been stuck in a career where you feel threatened.  Happens a lot.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/6/2018 at 9:07 AM, bobbywizdum said:

These women know what they are marrying.

Ca-ching

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vee said:

You’re wrong.  When I call and ask for a referral, anything other than volunteered glowing comment means a red flag.  Non-positive reviews are essentially bad reviews.  That’s just the world we now live in. 

The industry is much smaller than you think.  I’m not sure what you do, but most industries are very small where everyone seems to know everyone within two degrees of separation at best.

Consider yourself lucky enough to never have been stuck in a career where you feel threatened.  Happens a lot.

 

So, you dont take into consideration that the person youre talking to may just not like the person youre asking about? Job history doesnt trump 1 persons possibly skewed "non recommendation"? 

Well have to just disagree about staying at a job that makes you feel threatened. Hell, I wouldnt stay at a job that I just didnt like. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, McNabbIsGone said:

Don't know what yer point is and, no offense but frankly, don't care! 

I've said everything I wanted to say . . . and this part of this thread is now exhausted as far as I'm concerned. 

 

The phone was hillarious and in no way hurt the team. Air guitar was far more humble than our whole team doing the electric slide. Thats serious reaching lmao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, bobbywizdum said:

The phone was hillarious and in no way hurt the team. Air guitar was far more humble than our whole team doing the electric slide. Thats serious reaching lmao

LMAO My Happy A s s!

You're entitled to your opinion, as am I.

One question: have you ever seen Tom Brady do things like this?

I didn't think so.

That's the difference that many of you just don't  'get'.

It's called  CLASS . . . or lack thereof.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, bobbywizdum said:

The phone was hillarious and in no way hurt the team. 

You're wrong again,  DUMPSTER-BREATH!

His antics drew a flag and the penalty negated the gain:

in a 2008 playoff game against the Giants, McNabb ended an 8-yard run out of bounds and into Giants territory, and then politely checked to see if their sideline telephone was working. The refs threw the flag and took those yards away from the Eagles.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nowadays getting fired from ESPN is a badge of honor. I am more embarrassed of the behavior by those that are still there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, McNabbIsGone said:

You're wrong again,  DUMPSTER-BREATH!

His antics drew a flag and the penalty negated the gain:

in a 2008 playoff game against the Giants, McNabb ended an 8-yard run out of bounds and into Giants territory, and then politely checked to see if their sideline telephone was working. The refs threw the flag and took those yards away from the Eagles.  

 

It didnt negate the first down though that sealed the game. Just the yardage ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bobbywizdum said:

It didnt negate the first down though that sealed the game. Just the yardage ! 

:facepalm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have yet to find an Eagles fan who was upset about the air guitar moment who didn't already hate McNabb. They just complain about it to justify their pre-existing opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I have yet to find an Eagles fan who was upset about the air guitar moment who didn't already hate McNabb.

They just complain about it to justify their pre-existing opinion.

Well, you just found one here in me. I've never hated the guy. 

What's amatta with you?!?  You're 'olde head' like myself! 

Celebration Demonstrations or anything that attracts attention to you alone simply

wasn't done back in the day, you _KNOW_ that!  :facepalm:   It's selfish aggrandizement!

Whatta ya think Vince Lombardi would have to say about 'celebrations' ?

If you acted out any of the antics we see on the field today back in the 60's we'd a beat the crap outta you ourselves!

There was no bigger Donovan McNabb supporter on the planet than myself.

My dad, bless his departed soul, said after the 2nd NFC Champ loss,

"We're never gonna win a championship with this guy."   

I defended him all the way up to the  _CHOKE_  in the Super Bowl.

After that I was like, "OK, show me it wasn't a fluke."

But of course, it was never gonna happen again . . . the Reid / McNabb tandem had blown its wad.

It's all about respect for yourself as well as the game. McNabb has neither. 

McNabb has publicly embarrassed himself twice with drunkenness and now a sexual harassment lawsuit.

McNabbIsDone.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

That Air guitar stunt makes me cringe every time. So uncomfortable to watch.

Yeah, with Michael Vick & DJax kinda bopping along with him as he goes  NUTZ  and slams the glass enclosure.

Usually you want to show-off or do stuff like that after making some sort of positive statement . . .

like maybe winning instead of losing miserably?!?  Go figure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

That Air guitar stunt makes me cringe every time. So uncomfortable to watch.

I always thought it was air banjo.   Fun fact: Numba 5 was a big fan of Hee Haw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mortimer said:

I always thought it was air banjo.   Fun fact: Numba 5 was a big fan of Hee Haw.

Image result for HEE HAW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mortimer said:

Would have preferred a vintage pic of Barbie Benton.

Yeah, as I was scanning photos from the show I was enjoying the viewage of all the  jive honeys.

And it suddenly occurred to me, "Hey! There's no black people on this show!"

Would never fly that way today . . . unless it was on WET = White Entertainment TV. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 9:19 AM, McNabbIsGone said:

Don't know what yer point is and, no offense but frankly, don't care! 

I've said everything I wanted to say . . . and this part of this thread is now exhausted as far as I'm concerned. 

 

Blah, blah blah...I whine about air guitars and grabbing a phone. :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, McNabbIsGone said:

Yeah, as I was scanning photos from the show I was enjoying the viewage of all the  jive honeys.

And it suddenly occurred to me, "Hey! There's no black people on this show!"

Would never fly that way today . . . unless it was on WET = White Entertainment TV. 

WET would be considered hateful and racist and violently protested by everyone in media, led by BET.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Mortimer said:

WET would be considered hateful and racist and violently protested by everyone in media, led by BET.

Oh, the irony!

To say nothing of the ambiguity!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2018 at 3:18 PM, jfluke said:

So, you dont take into consideration that the person youre talking to may just not like the person youre asking about? Job history doesnt trump 1 persons possibly skewed "non recommendation"? 

Well have to just disagree about staying at a job that makes you feel threatened. Hell, I wouldnt stay at a job that I just didnt like. 

That’s right.  I don’t take that into consideration.

if I have to ask for a referral, then obviously I have to work with what I can.

If someone I know is making a referral, well that might change things, but it’s tough to get around.

There are some people who just don’t have options to switch jobs.  When you are the breadwinner or a major provider, you can’t always risk quitting unless you find another job first.  That’s not always easy to do without people finding out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2018 at 11:14 PM, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I have yet to find an Eagles fan who was upset about the air guitar moment who didn't already hate McNabb. They just complain about it to justify their pre-existing opinion.

I didn’t hate McNabb and I was so embarrassed to be an Eagles Fan when I saw him do that.  I literally cringed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now