EagleJoe8

AFC Divisional: Jaguars @ Steelers.

Just now, Greenakers2 said:

thinking of starting the Bortles apology thread...................................nah.

Bortles did his job and didn't screw up, but should he get heavy praise for this game? I only half paid attention to most of the game.

Just now, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Bortles did his job and didn't screw up, but should he get heavy praise for this game? I only half paid attention to most of the game.

He didn't F up. Defense gave Bortles a very nice cushion of not worrying about the game and just playing

1 minute ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

as did I, but I got to see him make some big throws and hey, 38 points on offense wins a lot of playoff games......just sayin'................

3 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

i mean his fourth quarter he was 5-7 118 yards and 1 td. that is pretty damn good. also the jags offense scored 37 points. fournette being able to run today had something to do with bortles making some of the throws he had too. he also didnt have a bad turnover.

Just now, Greenakers2 said:

as did I, but I got to see him make some big throws and hey, 38 points on offense wins a lot of playoff games......just sayin'................

Yeah, he definitely didn't do anything to lose the game. Just looking at the stats,  they got 4 rushing TDs. The QB stats are definitely good enough to win any game when you get 4 rushing TDs.

Steelers.JPG.269643112e8f6e1a8ab2fea53409140e.JPG

Yeah, he definitely didn't do anything to lose the game. Just looking at the stats,  they got 4 rushing TDs. The QB stats are definitely good enough to win any game when you get 4 rushing TDs.

Steelers.JPG.269643112e8f6e1a8ab2fea53409140e.JPG

gotta give bortles some credit he made some big time throws and some of the throws you have to in order to win. the running game only works if your qb can keep the defense from just stacking the box.

3 minutes ago, donovanseagle said:

Man I would love EAgles vs Jags. Great matchup for the Birds

when you turn it over and struggle to put up 17 points, there is no such thing as a great matchup.

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

gotta give bortles some credit he made some big time throws and some of the throws you have to in order to win. the running game only works if your qb can keep the defense from just stacking the box.

Definitely, he deserves a lot of credit. If I was a Jags fan, I wouldn't be angry lol.

1 minute ago, Greenakers2 said:

when you turn it over and struggle to put up 17 points, there is no such thing as a great matchup.

the nfl probably would cringe if it were a bortles vs. foles super bowl.

1 minute ago, Greenakers2 said:

I disagree. For this Super Bowl, my dream match up would be the Eagles vs. the Browns. Now THAT'S a great matchup!

Definitely, he deserves a lot of credit. If I was a Jags fan, I wouldn't be angry lol.

frankly a lot of people want eli to go there, i dont think at this point in eli's career he is that much of an upgrade for the money he is going to want. if you are going to make that move then go after Cousins.

Just now, BCEagle said:

Capture.JPG

You should add that to the Time of Possession Myth thread in TATE. lol

Personally, I think ToP is important, though not a predictor for success.

14 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

The good Blake Bortles showed up for most of the 1st half and 4th quarter, and made some very good plays  He deserves most of the praise he's getting for today's game.

As someone who went to college in central PA and graduate school in western PA, I only have three more words to say:

Bye Bye Squealers. :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

You should add that to the Time of Possession Myth thread in TATE. lol

Personally, I think ToP is important, though not a predictor for success.

You're right though, if you had to judge from these stats, you'd think the Steelers won in a rout.

Careful there, Mods will jump all over that.

I made the edit.  I'll save my stronger language for the Rant and Rave forum. :D

Question about the WR injury with 3:50 or so to play. Do injuries force a timeout only in the last 2 minutes? It should be the last 5 minutes. Riverboat Ron will start faking injuries every play until 2 minutes left if this rule stays the same. I am surprised that the Giants don't already do this.

1 minute ago, BCEagle said:

You're right though, if you had to judge from these stats, you'd think the Steelers won in a rout.

Not when you look at the rushing attempts:

Jaguars - 35 (for 164 yards)

Steelers - 18 (for 83 yards)

Teams that win high-scoring games usually have more rushing attempts, unless they come from behind.

Just now, CHIP72 said:

Not when you look at the rushing attempts:

Jaguars - 35 (for 164 yards)

Steelers - 18 (for 83 yards)

Teams that win high-scoring games usually have more rushing attempts, unless they come from behind.

Fair point.