EagleJoe8

AFC Divisional: Jaguars @ Steelers.

12 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

You should add that to the Time of Possession Myth thread in TATE. lol

Personally, I think ToP is important, though not a predictor for success.

depends on the situation you have. with foles at QB and our defense being our backbone, TOP is important. if we can be fresher at the end of the game the better

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

tomlin... with the talent the steelers had in their primes and being a defensive minded coach he should have won more than just one championship. i get new england but new england just owns him. part of that is he gets out coached

He's overrated. He inherited a good team from Cowher. I don't see his fingerprints on that team. 

3 minutes ago, Eagles Finest said:

He's overrated. He inherited a good team from Cowher. I don't see his fingerprints on that team. 

he is a defensive guy and yet their defense has never really been great under him

7 minutes ago, Eagles Finest said:

Other than Roethlisberger, who's left from the Cowher era?

Just now, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Other than Roethlisberger, who's left from the Cowher era?

I think that's it. Troy Polamalu was the last holdover and he retired after the '14 season.

5 hours ago, pisceschica said:

I was just kidding. Ben said, maybe I don’t have it anymore, after their bad loss to jags in October. 

No no I know bud. He threw his toys out of the pram. So tonight he comes back and responds and they still lose. They lose to a QB who only threw 1 TD and around 150 yards yet that team scored 45 points! That's crazy. 

I smell a super bowl rematch game brewing. 

Eagles va Pats. 

(Yes I'm In the window as saying we beat the vikes and the pats beat the jags)

3 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

he is a defensive guy and yet their defense has never really been great under him

I think a lot changed when they decided that they were gonna run the offense through big Ben like he is Rodgers or Brady and air it out. They have been inconsistent ever since they started doing that. Ben is not that kind of QB and never has been. He still needs help a good amount of help from a strong run game and a good defense. 

3 hours ago, Eagles Finest said:

To be honest, that's a nonsensical comment because Tomlin has been the Steelers' head coach for 11 seasons now; any guy who coaches that long leaves his imprint on his team.

IMO Tomlin is just as good as Cowher, no better and no worse; their records are very comparable.  Cowher was actually overrated, and his teams sometimes were too predictable, which is why they lost a number of home playoff games.

13 minutes ago, CHIP72 said:

To be honest, that's a nonsensical comment because Tomlin has been the Steelers' head coach for 11 seasons now; any guy who coaches that long leaves his imprint on his team.

IMO Tomlin is just as good as Cowher, no better and no worse; their records are very comparable.  Cowher was actually overrated, and his teams sometimes were too predictable, which is why they lost a number of home playoff games.

or both are overrated. tomlin to me is more overrated cause his roster from 1 to 53 is more talented than the pats and he continuously gets outcoached by belichick. nothing to be ashamed about but really lesser coaches like kubiak have beaten belichick in a afc title game. additionally, the steelers have lost some games in the playoffs where they were more talented and came up short. today was an example of that. the steelers offensively are way more talented. furthermore defensively the steelers even without shazier should have been able to keep the jags in check .

6 hours ago, skippyx said:

Question about the WR injury with 3:50 or so to play. Do injuries force a timeout only in the last 2 minutes? It should be the last 5 minutes. Riverboat Ron will start faking injuries every play until 2 minutes left if this rule stays the same. I am surprised that the Giants don't already do this.

Yes, injuries cost a timeout only during the last 2 minutes of the half or game