EagleJoe8

AFC Divisional: Jaguars @ Steelers.

Just now, cowboy30 said:

That can be debatable. Ramsey should have the longer career...which returns better long term value. I'm still happy with Elliott, but I can't remember the last time Dallas had a shut down corner.

i want to say stephen1 and i had this debate during the draft. i said then as i say now, i would have taken ramsey every single time in that scenario. getting shutdown corner prospect is much more valuable than a elite running back. elliott is great, but ramsey's upside was projected to be as high as revis but with more athleticism. of course he could have turned out to be a bust, but florida state corner who played against some of the best really proved himself in college. in a passing league, having corners is much more important than having an elite back. legit final four only the jags might have an elite back if minnesota wins.

Jags putting the beat down on the Steelers. I think this drive starts to become desperation time. They need a TD otherwise this one could be done at halftime. 

10 minutes ago, RPeeteRules said:

Pretty good top 5 in that draft.  Goff, Wentz, Bosa, Elliott, Ramsey.

Yeah. No misses there so far

Just now, Portyansky said:

If Jags hold on, and replicate this affective run game. I think they can take NE!

they can beat new england cause of that defense. they have the guys to matchup. ramsey and bouye can cover cooks, hogan on the outside. the defensive front four can get pressure on brady. they are really good and the pats line is good not great. they are beatable. add on the safety play and linebackers might be the best matchup against the Pats out of any team left. i think gronk is going to have trouble with the speed of the jags defense. normally his size and speed causes issues the jags have the speed and size to run with him.

the key for the pats is going to be lewis and someone like gillslee/boldin who we havent seen in a while cause the jags are susceptible to runs in between the tackles.

the jags can run on new england which a lot of teams arent able to do because they get behind by too much. the jags i dont think have that issue with their defense

What is it with Big Ben? Almost threw another INT there and it wasn't even close to his guy. When he plays good pass defenses he's just no good! What is that all about? 

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

i want to say stephen1 and i had this debate during the draft. i said then as i say now, i would have taken ramsey every single time in that scenario. getting shutdown corner prospect is much more valuable than a elite running back. elliott is great, but ramsey's upside was projected to be as high as revis but with more athleticism. of course he could have turned out to be a bust, but florida state corner who played against some of the best really proved himself in college. in a passing league, having corners is much more important than having an elite back. legit final four only the jags might have an elite back if minnesota wins.

On top of that, Dallas spent high picks on an OL already and formed a dominant line that many called the best in the game. The incremental difference between Elliott versus an average back behind that line wouldn’t be nearly the same as the delta between Ramsey and an average corner. 

Drafting Elliott was a waste of a unique asset (high draft pick) since the incremental benefit over an average player wouldn’t be that great. 

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Yup , Dallas has shown that there Oline is what makes a RB so great .  Yes some or much better then others .... but . They did it with Murray , then with with McFadden  and when Elliot was out this year AlMo and Smith did just fine .  But finding a player of Ramseys caliber and position  are not something you ever pass on . But Jerry would never waste a high pick like that on Defense  when he can sell more tickets drafting a flashy offense weapon  :D 

Just now, mike030270 said:

I realize you're down a lot but run the ball

When you're RB is 49% of your total yards on the year... Yeah you get him involved as often as you can. Still plenty of time. 

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

What is it with Big Ben? Almost threw another INT there and it wasn't even close to his guy. When he plays good pass defenses he's just no good! What is that all about? 

Maybe he just doesn’t have it anymore 

Just now, pisceschica said:

Maybe he just doesn’t have it anymore 

But I think throughout his career he's been that way? 

What a catch by Brown. That could be the trigger to get them going. Got to stop the Jags.