EagleJoe8

AFC Divisional: Jaguars @ Steelers.

8 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

i want to say stephen1 and i had this debate during the draft. i said then as i say now, i would have taken ramsey every single time in that scenario. getting shutdown corner prospect is much more valuable than a elite running back. elliott is great, but ramsey's upside was projected to be as high as revis but with more athleticism. of course he could have turned out to be a bust, but florida state corner who played against some of the best really proved himself in college. in a passing league, having corners is much more important than having an elite back. legit final four only the jags might have an elite back if minnesota wins.

Yea and who knows how Ramsey would've looked on the Cowboys....they did have a better pass rush this season than last so Ramsey might've done just as well. I remember moving up for Mo Claiborne and that backfired on us.

1 minute ago, vikas83 said:

On top of that, Dallas spent high picks on an OL already and formed a dominant line that many called the best in the game. The incremental difference between Elliott versus an average back behind that line wouldn’t be nearly the same as the delta between Ramsey and an average corner. 

Drafting Elliott was a waste of a unique asset (high draft pick) since the incremental benefit over an average player wouldn’t be that great. 

yeah i pointed out you could have had ramsey and henry in round two. your team I believe is so much better off on defense for the little drop off from elliott to henry. furthermore the nfl has shown you can find good running backs who might not be great but good in the 2nd-5th rounds. it is much harder to find elite corners later in the draft. the eagles got mills in the 7th, which he happened to fall but was graded as a 3rd/4th. ramsey was the perfect corner. he had the physical tools and he really loved the game and his craft. he could play on an island as a rookie. thats insane.

i wouldnt say it was a waste cause he has been great when he is on the field, it was not the best decision considering the nfl is a pass happy league and the league has shown you win with great line play, corners and QB

Uh-oh. If Fournette is seriously hurt and if the Jags hang on, NE will win next week.  They need him to beat NE.  I hope he is okay.

Ooh Fournette down and hurt. That's not a good sign if you're a Jags fan. Great news if you're a Steelers fan and good news if you just don't like those Jags. 

13 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

It's kind of weird all the connections to 2004.  We beat the Vikings and Falcons in the playoffs. We might get the Vikings next week.  We just beat the Falcons.  The Pats are in it and Jax is in it.  

On the day we beat the Falcons in the 2004 NFC Championship game, Johnny Carson died. On the day we beat the Falcons in the 2017 NFC Divisional game, Keith Jackson died.

That sucks. Yeldon has always done okay and Ivory played well this year (if he has to play next week). Sucks Ivory isn't active today.

7 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

But I think throughout his career he's been that way? 

What a catch by Brown. That could be the trigger to get them going. Got to stop the Jags. 

I was just kidding. Ben said, maybe I don’t have it anymore, after their bad loss to jags in October. 

1 minute ago, cowboy30 said:

Yea and who knows how Ramsey would've looked on the Cowboys....they did have a better pass rush this season than last so Ramsey might've done just as well. I remember moving up for Mo Claiborne and that backfired on us.

i really didnt like claiborne coming out to begin with. i wouldnt have made the move to go up to get get in that draft. i thought the drop off from claiborne to gilmore and  kirkpatrick and even janoris jenkins wasnt not that much. if claiborne didnt go to LSU i actually think he goes behind gilmore. it is why his stock went higher than it shouldve. i didnt think he was nearly the athlete as ramsey and the drop off from ramsey to the next corner i thought was significant.

that draft i would say the corners later in that draft have been better than gilmore, kirkpatrick and claiborne. jenkins, trumaine johnson, casey heyward, josh norman all drafted later

3 minutes ago, pisceschica said:

Fournett going to locker room 

Big loss for the Jags. If he's out for the game, the Steelers might have a chance to come back in the second half.

2 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

On the day we beat the Falcons in the 2004 NFC Championship game, Johnny Carson died. On the day we beat the Falcons in the 2017 NFC Divisional game, Keith Jackson died.

Wow!

i know this is random but does anyone know where section 242 row 1 is at the Linc? I mean i know the section. but I'm looking at the seating chart, you guys notice the 4 or 5 rows before the actual upper level starts? Since I'm row 1, am I in that small section before the upper level?

4 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Whoa Nelly!  I did not know that.  That's weird stuff.

Just now, Portyansky said:

Wow!

Yeah, I remember hearing about Johnny Carson dying on the WYSP radio broadcast (WYSP did Merrill and Mike back then), but I probably wouldn't have remembered if I hadn't just re-watched my DVD of that NFC Championship game a month ago. When I made that DVD, I added the radio broadcast as a secondary audio track so I could watch it with Merrill and Mike calling the game.

2 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

VillainousEverlastingEnglishpointer-max-