EagleJoe8

NFC Divisional: Saints @ Vikings.

Saints could very well have their season end in the same building their season got started.

I haven't seen a single Vikings game all season, only highlights, so it would be hard for me to measure their resiliency in tough games. I know the outdoor thing is going to be a factor, but I'm not sure if it's going to be that much of a factor. I do know that Sean Payton is a hell of a coach and Drew Brees is still one of the best quarterbacks in the league. I'll be rooting for the Vikings because I kind of like them, but if I have to pick a winner, I'm going with the Saints. 

I think the Saints are the better draw for us, but if Eagles get knocked out I'll be rooting for the Vikes to win it all.

The Saints lost as good offensive lineman today due to injury, so that could be huge vs. a team like Minny.  I like Minnesota in this one, but the Saints are used to playing in domes and they did a good job against a physical Carolina team.  But, Minnesota's CBs are much better than Carolina's.

I think the Vikings have this one. The Saints won't get away with a similar offensive performance like they had versus the Panthers.

I think the Vikes are the best team in the field and I don;t think it's very close.  I do think New Orleans has the best chance to beat them, they are so good in domes and could catch Minny nervous out of the gate.  But if the Vikes get pas NO, I expect them to destroy everything else in their path, even NE/Pitt in the SB.

I think the Vikings will hold the Saints offense in check for the most part. They'll still put up some points, but similar to week 1 they'll be settling for FG's. Think this depends on Keenum. If Keenum keeps up his solid play, I think Vikes win 27-23. If Keenum struggles I think Saints pull it off 26-20.

29 minutes ago, mike030270 said:

Why was this thread not on the first page?:lol:

Anyways I'll likely be rooting for Saints

In rock/scissors/paper kinda way, I think our best path is Saints can out-dome Minny and we can take the Saints in Philly.  I do not think we match up well against Minny, they basically play the same formula we do now with Foles only they play it better.

bring on the vikings....their defense isn't the same outside of the dome and I'll take Keenum with an average running game over Brees and the twin backs.

I admit, I'm torn. The petty fan in me doesn't want the Vikings to have a chance to play a Super Bowl in their home stadium. I also think Keenum may be easier for us as opposed to Brees.

Either way, we're going to face the Vikes with a great defense, and a good offense, or the Saints with a great offense, and a good defense. It's going to be tough no matter what.

The Vikings have the #2 run defense in the NFL and I think give up only 4 more yards per game than the Eagles did. The Saints are middle of the pack against the run so, while I hate the idea of Brees coming to town, the Eagles should be able to run on them and that's the formula for our team to win. 

I guess I'll be rooting for the Saints but I will expect the Vikings to win.

32 minutes ago, Uscg-Green said:

Ok I have to watch it's football. What's the consensus around here on who we want? Need to know who to root for

Imo since the current strength of our team is defense the Vikings are a better match us than drew Brees, he’s just going to go to us what Eli did. 

1 minute ago, pisceschica said:

Imo since the current strength of our team is defense the Vikings are a better match up than drew Brees, he’s just going to go to us what Eli did. 

New Orleans can balance their offense against Philly.  Minnesota likely cannot.  Therein the difference, particularly on the road.

i think minnesota wins this game. the saints offense on the road is really not been good the last two games in december. in atlanta they had 17 points and in tampa they scored 24 but one td came on a 106 yard kickoff return by a kamara