EagleJoe8

NFC Divisional: Saints @ Vikings.

Just now, EagleJoe8 said:

Looking like the Saints season is going to end where it started.

Getting routed by the Vikings.

Just now, Greenakers2 said:

Get back to me on that in a week.

I will.  I would love nothing more than to be wrong. 

2 minutes ago, pisceschica said:

I think many people on this board have slept on vikings. Their defense is much better than jags 

Yeah that's scary.

Just now, pisceschica said:

I think many people on this board have slept on vikings. There defense is much better than jags 

i think the vikings defense is the best in the league. they arent as big of play making like the jags. the jags will give up some but also get defensive touchdowns. i think the vikings are more stout. they are just not going to let you score and be fundamentally sound.

the saints right now are having issues cause their line isnt nearly as good after losing peat last week and then another i believe this week

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

i suspect we might see a lot more of clement in that game. this would have been a good sproles game.

Clement is the best all-around back remaining on the roster.  Doesn't matter.  He'll defer to the "names"..........and sweep the floors in "rotation nation."

12 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

Yup a basically just said this to EE. I don't know how I feel about their backs versus ours. Theirs are very exposive and McKinnon is a really good receiving back that we don't have right now. Xavier Rhodes is better then any of our corners and will shut Jeffery down. I'm actually surprised you went almost even on the QBs lol. I actually gave us a slight edge with Foles!! Who is the Foles hater now ! I'll call you rtk Jr!! Lmao. 

For the record i think Keenum has better mobility. Foles is the better pure passer. Keenums receivers go up and get the ball as well as any in the league. We rely more on timing routes and scheming guys open. Both teams are physical and imo a level above everybody else. 

Just now, 55thAndRams said:

RIsky move to attempt the long FG with 26 seconds left.

I think they had no choice. They had to try for something. They have to hope they can hang on and get no more bleeding in 21 seconds.

4 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

trust me there was far less of it going on in that game then with the falcons. it was really noticeable on their big plays. consistently. that 20 yard gain to julio on 4th down, matthews was holding curry from behind. on the freeman play, matthews tackled barnett right in front of the ref. on the opening fg drive by the falcons, there was a clear shot to the back. the guy wasnt even facing the lineman and it allowed coleman to get another 15 yards. when i say blatant it was blatant on the tv.

Well then, we should have held more and gotten some of those big plays ;)

4 minutes ago, BCEagle said:

So, fellow Eagles fans, how do we prepare for the Vikings? What's DP's game plan?

Some slants and RPO.  Slants are hard to defend even with good CBs.  Maybe some more 2 TE sets with Burton and Ertz.  We probably aren't going to get much at Rhodes. So, look to the TEs and backs. I'm guessing that Rhodes will take Jeffery and that will be a tough match up for Jeffery to win.    Clement needs to have a huge role because he is our best receiving back.  I think we need to run it at them. I know they are great against the run, but I think we can still run it on them with our scheme.  I think we need to have a good mix of run and pass.  We can't abandon the run and we can't afford just to run it 40+ times.  I hope that Doug and Frank have enough common sense to know that the Vikes are a bad match up for Blount.  Blount shouldn't get many carries at all unless we are up really late and we are running out the clock.

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

i thought ryan was greatly helped by non-holding calls. as i rewatched the game last night there was about 5 obvious holding calls that were blatant holds and it led to big plays. the touchdown to freeman the guy held and then tackled barnett. i think it helps graham that its going to be another week since he sustained his injury so it'll help him feel a bit better. cox and jernigan have to play great next week if we are going to win. thielen vs. robinson is a huge matchup as well as diggs vs. mills/darby. not sure who you want on diggs. darby is a better matchup for us, but he really didnt have a good game against the falcons. the falcons in particular picked on him not mills. mills struggles with speed wrs more than bigger wrs

The problem I've been seeing is they seem to trust Darby more in coverage and he is the one that is getting burnt. Darby was getting targeted and losing the battle against Sanu who was the falcons slowest receiver. 

Where they had Mills playing off of Jones who has elite size and speed and he didn't really struggle or they just have him play off and make the tackle after the catch which he has been good at all season. 

It sucks Mills doesn't have Darby's speed cause Mills uses great technique. Darby just thinks he can use his speed for everything and let's guys get right in front of him or right behind him. 

Anyways lol I think I prefer Mills on Diggs they about the same size and while Diggs has good speed it isn't as fast as Julio so I think Mills can handle that. 

2 minutes ago, BCEagle said:

I know! Really missing both Sproles and Wentz for this game.

the sproles department, we have missed him since the cardinals game. our punt return unit has been dangerously bad for a while.

the issue with barner last night was the fact, it is cold and the ball isnt going to travel nearly as well. so why are you backing up like the conditions werent going to have an effect. on that fumble douglas and braman have to be smarter, but if barner was playing the conditions he is up further and able to fair catch it. even if it wasnt a fumble he lost the eagles 10-15 yards on the bounds cause he misplayed the ball. he has also had some muffs

7 minutes ago, Greenakers2 said:

Is that his fault?  Can't recall many drops.................

Didn't say that at all.  But they are not using him that much that way so again that would give the edge to the Vikings for having a receiving back that is used as one often. 

1 minute ago, Uscg-Green said:

So a love slap to the face gets you 15 yards these days?

One thing people don’t remember about the 2006 AFC Championship game is that on the Colts’ final go-ahead drive they called a roughing the passer on New England for tapping Manning’s helmet :rolleyes:

Saints lucked out there. Another 3 right before 1/2 could have killed them emotionally.