EagleJoe8

NFC Divisional: Saints @ Vikings.

The game plan is always the same no matter the opponent.  Look to throw and gash.  Establish early lead.  Try not to screw it up.  Run/pass to kill clock.  It's just how they go about scripting and adjusting that varies week to week.

What the staff has shown that is a bit off the beaten trail for most teams is that, rather than avoid defensive stars, they plan to move them and then attack them.  Expect nothing different.  Will it work?  Might depend on your personal definition of "work"...................... 

4 minutes ago, bobbywizdum said:

For the record i think Keenum has better mobility. Foles is the better pure passer. Keenums receivers go up and get the ball as well as any in the league. We rely more on timing routes and scheming guys open. Both teams are physical and imo a level above everybody else. 

You are no fun tonight Bobby. Lol

4 minutes ago, Kurthi said:

I'm suprised the Vikings only have 17 points the way they've dominated this half.

that's because there offense isn't all that good.....almost 100 yds in penalties by the Aint's

I didn't realize that the Vikings still played in a dome. For some reason I thought they built an open air facility when they left the Metrodome. This makes me feel much better about whichever team visits Philly next week.

22 minutes ago, pisceschica said:

Why would wentz’s uncle not root for his nephews team

Because he's not an Eagles fan. He's a Wentz fan. If Wentz isn't playing, he has no allegiance to them.

1 minute ago, bwestbrook36 said:

The problem I've been seeing is they seem to trust Darby more in coverage and he is the one that is getting burnt. Darby was getting targeted and losing the battle against Sanu who was the falcons slowest receiver. 

Where they had Mills playing off of Jones who has elite size and speed and he didn't really struggle or they just have him play off and make the tackle after the catch which he has been good at all season. 

It sucks Mills doesn't have Darby's speed cause Mills uses great technique. Darby just thinks he can use his speed for everything and let's guys get right in front of him or right behind him. 

Anyways lol I think I prefer Mills on Diggs they about the same size and while Diggs has good speed it isn't as fast as Julio so I think Mills can handle that. 

julio had his biggest catches against darby as well (besides the 20-yarder on 4th down. that was jenkins). but darby gave up a 21 yard come back to julio and he was playing way too far off. he also on a 3rd and 10 gave up a big first down to julio of 11 yards. he also gave up a 24 yarder to sanu by just poor tackling and a 17 yarder as well. he really didnt have a great game for the eagles and the falcons really went after him as the weak link.

i thought mills had one of his best games of the season. the damage done by julio really was mostly on darby and jenkins. he had a very good game outside of mistiming that pick and the holding penalty in the end zone where he was trailing the coverage anyway so there was no need.

i kind of think you are likley to get roll over coverage from mcleod to help on diggs. i think the eagles would like to use jenkins on rudolph.

4 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

Didn't say that at all.  But they are not using him that much that way so again that would give the edge to the Vikings for having a receiving back that is used as one often. 

Then that's more a credit to their design and their protections-as well as McKinnon's place in the pecking order-rather than ability.  Remember: When Clement is in the game these days, it's often a passing situation, and he has huge primary responsibilities in protections...........he's not a scatback. 

We need to play edge runs better this week, too.  I have no doubt Zimmer is going to see how Coleman had some success on the edge. Curry needs to wake up and not lose contain.

Just now, The_Talon said:

I didn't realize that the Vikings still played in a dome. For some reason I thought they built an open air facility when they left the Metrodome. This makes me feel much better about whichever teams visits Philly next week.

That was temporary; who wants to play in that cold. 

4 minutes ago, jfluke said:

Saints lucked out there. Another 3 right before 1/2 could have killed them emotionally.

it feels like the saints should be down more than 17-0 right now. however, that big PI early really hurts them. i didnt think it was PI. if they dont get that touchdown it might just be 10-0.

Just now, pisceschica said:

Chicago, Green Bay, Cleveland, Cincinnati, :-)

1 minute ago, CaliEagle said:

We need to play edge runs better this week, too.  I have no doubt Zimmer is going to see how Coleman had some success on the edge. Curry needs to wake up and not lose contain.

My expectations remain in kilter.  At this point, I just hope he doesn't jump offside in critical situations.

1 minute ago, Greenakers2 said:

Then that's more a credit to their design and their protections-as well as McKinnon's place in the pecking order-rather than ability.  Remember: When Clement is in the game these days, it's often a passing situation, and he has huge primary responsibilities in protections...........he's not a scatback. 

I know all this. I'm not arguing with you at all. Lol. 

Just now, pisceschica said:

going to be 40 and 9 mph winds that evening. with wind chill fee like 30. that seems nice compared to other nfc championship games i remember in philly

the one thing college football gets right is 15 yds for pass interference.....spot foul in the NFL is a joke (how do you know the receiver would even catch the ball)

4 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

this. so much this. i harp on this every week. it feels like at least once or twice in a game he loses containment and it hurts the eagles for a big play. he has to be smarter in how he plays. he has been the guy who has had that issue this year. it is why he was pulled in the dallas game in dallas and carolina why barnett got more snaps

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

julio had his biggest catches against darby as well (besides the 20-yarder on 4th down. that was jenkins). but darby gave up a 21 yard come back to julio and he was playing way too far off. he also on a 3rd and 10 gave up a big first down to julio of 11 yards. he also gave up a 24 yarder to sanu by just poor tackling and a 17 yarder as well. he really didnt have a great game for the eagles and the falcons really went after him as the weak link.

i thought mills had one of his best games of the season. the damage done by julio really was mostly on darby and jenkins. he had a very good game outside of mistiming that pick and the holding penalty in the end zone where he was trailing the coverage anyway so there was no need.

i kind of think you are likley to get roll over coverage from mcleod to help on diggs. i think the eagles would like to use jenkins on rudolph.

Don't forget Darby got burnt on that would be Touchdown that led to McCleods personal foul on Sanu. 

Actually watching Diggs a little more I'm not sure. They do a lot of crossing routes and digs I'm not sure if Mills can chase him around like that. 

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

going to be 40 and 9 mph winds that evening. with wind chill fee like 30. that seems nice compared to other nfc championship games i remember in philly

Cant go by what the weather peeps say so early in the week. A week ago it was supposed to be 50 yesterday...

2 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

I know all this. I'm not arguing with you at all. Lol. 

Nor am I with you.  I'm only defending #30 against what I view as a remaining unfair commentary against his ability to catch.  I don't understand it, having followed his career in college.  Somebody ran with a false narrative in the draft-and he can't escape it.  I'm just here to help him. ;)

5 minutes ago, pisceschica said:

Packers, lol.

3 minutes ago, greenskeeper said:

the one thing college football gets right is 15 yds for pass interference.....spot foul in the NFL is a joke (how do you know the receiver would even catch the ball)

I go back and forth on this. On the one hand, I agree with what you posted. OTOH, 15 yards for a blatant PI 40 yards downfield kinda penalizes the O more than the D.

1 minute ago, jfluke said:

I go back and forth on this. On the one hand, I agree with what you posted. OTOH, 15 yards for a blatant PI 40 yards downfield kinda penalizes the O more than the D.

i say 25

1 minute ago, Greenakers2 said:

Nor am I with you.  I'm only defending #30 against what I view as a remaining unfair commentary against his ability to catch.  I don't understand it, having followed his career in college.  Somebody ran with a false narrative in the draft-and he can't escape it.  I'm just here to help him. ;)

Lol all good. I was just saying that if Clement was used more like McKinnon we would have the edge with backs cause we would have the receiving threat as well. Unfortunately they use Clement differently so I gave backs edge to Minnesota. We all know Clements hands and no cements. Yeah I just came up with that now!! Lol

3 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

Don't forget Darby got burnt on that would be Touchdown that led to McCleods personal foul on Sanu. 

Actually watching Diggs a little more I'm not sure. They do a lot of crossing routes and digs I'm not sure if Mills can chase him around like that. 

i feel like there is going to be a lot of switches going on for the eagles. frankly robinson against thielen isnt a great matchup for us. thielen is really good out of the slot and as much as i like robinson, he really doesnt have the type of speed thielen does.

the one thing that works in our benefit is that the vikings arent a team that likes to get it out fast so the pass rush will have time.

2 minutes ago, jfluke said:

Kinda like the defensive holding is only 5 yards but gives the offense a first down no matter what? I really hate that one