EagleJoe8

NFC Divisional: Saints @ Vikings.

Just now, bwestbrook36 said:

Lol all good. I was just saying that if Clement was used more like McKinnon we would have the edge with backs cause we would have the receiving threat as well. Unfortunately they use Clement differently so I gave backs edge to Minnesota. We all know Clements hands and no cements. Yeah I just came up with that now!! Lol

If you want to say "more explosive", I'm with you.  Clement's deficiency (combine) is speed.  The Minnesotan is faster.  When I hear "receiving" it resonates as an opinion on his hands-one I didn't share.  All good.

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

i feel like there is going to be a lot of switches going on for the eagles. frankly robinson against thielen isnt a great matchup for us. thielen is really good out of the slot and as much as i like robinson, he really doesnt have the type of speed thielen does.

the one thing that works in our benefit is that the vikings arent a team that likes to get it out fast so the pass rush will have time.

They all figure out a way to get it out fast against us lol. The other match up to watch is the coverage on Rudolph. 

He is way to big for Kendricks to cover and I would hate to have Bradham busy with him all game long when Bradham is so good all over. Not sure what they want to do with Jenkins this game either cause their 3 Rd receiver Treadwell/Floyd are non existent

2 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

Kinda like the defensive holding is only 5 yards but gives the offense a first down no matter what? I really hate that one

Yeah. They have to draw a line somewhere I guess. The defensive hold at least, is one that can truly be argued that you dont know if the that wr would have made a play.  

1 minute ago, jfluke said:

Yeah. They have to draw a line somewhere I guess. The defensive hold at least, is one that can truly be argued that you dont know if the that wr would have made a play.  

I just hate that a 5 yard penalty is 1st down even if the offense had a 3rd 20. 

6 minutes ago, Kurthi said:

Glad we have the late game. Temp will drop quite nicely once the sun goes down.

Plus an extra day to rest/prep, and no travel. None of that guarantees anything, but every edge is nice.

They all figure out a way to get it out fast against us lol. The other match up to watch is the coverage on Rudolph. 

He is way to big for Kendricks to cover and I would hate to have Bradham busy with him all game long when Bradham is so good all over. Not sure what they want to do with Jenkins this game either cause their 3 Rd receiver Treadwell/Floyd are non existent

i think the rudolph case you go with jenkins on him. we have seen him do this before against tight ends. i think jenkins is good enough to cover him. i think you need a huge game out of kendricks and bradham to cover mckinnon. he is an excellent pass catcher and has good quickness. if i am the eagles i try to roll coverage over to diggs. i try to hope robinson is able to contain thielen.

I just hate that a 5 yard penalty is 1st down even if the offense had a 3rd 20. 

I hear you. But sometimes the hold happens 20 yards downfield. But yeah, replay the down seems better overall.

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

i think the rudolph case you go with jenkins on him. we have seen him do this before against tight ends. i think jenkins is good enough to cover him. i think you need a huge game out of kendricks and bradham to cover mckinnon. he is an excellent pass catcher and has good quickness. if i am the eagles i try to roll coverage over to diggs. i try to hope robinson is able to contain thielen.

Yes and have McCleod help mills or play center field. 

1 minute ago, jfluke said:

I hear you. But sometimes the hold happens 20 yards downfield. But yeah, replay the down seems better overall.

i wish it was five yards and that is it or spot of the hold. that makes the most sense.

i have a feeling the saints make a game of this before it is done. not win but make it close

Just now, jfluke said:

I thought the defensive holding occurs within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage and anything over that is pass interference?? I don't know I hate them both now lol

i wish it was five yards and that is it or spot of the hold. that makes the most sense.

i have a feeling the saints make a game of this before it is done. not win but make it close

Except, you have to give the O at least the down again or dbs would constantly hold on 3rd and long.

1 minute ago, bwestbrook36 said:

Yes and have McCleod help mills or play center field. 

minnesota really thrives with keenum when they get big plays. they are very explosive. if you make them be methodical, they are going to struggle. against atlanta they scored just 14 cause they made them go the length of the field. against carolina they really were struggling until thielen got the big play for 50 and the td. against the lions and steelers, both made them go long drives and methodically. they struggled.

1 minute ago, bwestbrook36 said:

I thought the defensive holding occurs within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage and anything over that is pass interference?? I don't know I hate them both now lol

Its whether the ball is in the air or not. Supposedly. But the refs do seem to make it up as they go along sometimes.

Just now, jfluke said:

Except, you have to give the O at least the down again or dbs would constantly hold on 3rd and long.

eventually you hold enough giving 5 yards you are going to pass the chains. i would definitely redo the down otherwise  like you said every corner on 3rd and 6 would hold and then it'd be 4th and 1

eventually you hold enough giving 5 yards you are going to pass the chains. i would definitely redo the down otherwise  like you said every corner on 3rd and 6 would hold and then it'd be 4th and 1

Itd be like watching the Seattle d every game....

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I have a feeling that the final score is going to be something like 23-7.

minnesota really thrives with keenum when they get big plays. they are very explosive. if you make them be methodical, they are going to struggle. against atlanta they scored just 14 cause they made them go the length of the field. against carolina they really were struggling until thielen got the big play for 50 and the td. against the lions and steelers, both made them go long drives and methodically. they struggled.

That's the idea behind the bend but don't break defense. The more plays you make the offense run and keep it in front of you the more likely the offense will make a mistake. Yet we still have people pissing and moaning that Mills plays off so far. He keeps everything in front of him and that's what you want

Just now, jfluke said:

Itd be like watching the Seattle d every game....

seattle gets away with it so much cause they do it every play. if the refs would call the penalty you could have a drive where you just have like 2 yards and 80 in penalties.

3 minutes ago, Kurthi said:

Holding is called anytime before the ball is released by the QB

I don't know what I was thinking of then. Thank you