EagleJoe8

NFC Divisional: Saints @ Vikings.

7 minutes ago, boogyman said:

Bad feeling Minnesota is going to crush us. 

They havent won this game yet. Maybe the Eagles look bad next. But maybe they crush whoever goes into the Linc.

Just now, bwestbrook36 said:

That's the idea behind the bend but don't break defense. The more plays you make the offense run and keep it in front of you the more likely the offense will make a mistake. Yet we still have people pissing and moaning that Mills plays off so far. He keeps everything in front of him and that's what you want

the real issue is you cannot break in the red zone if you are going to do that. if you do the keep guys in front and go cushion, then you better be great in the red zone. otherwise you are about to get blown out. the eagles this year have been good in the red zone for the most part.

my issue when they give cushion at times is when we face a wide receiver like kelvin benjamin. he doesnt have breakaway speed and we have a guy in mills who can jam at the line against him and not worry about him beating him down the field with speed

18 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

Lol all good. I was just saying that if Clement was used more like McKinnon we would have the edge with backs cause we would have the receiving threat as well. Unfortunately they use Clement differently so I gave backs edge to Minnesota. We all know Clements hands and no cements. Yeah I just came up with that now!! Lol

I agree. I think clement is the most consistent of our backs in all 3 phases. Duece has been annoying me all year with his unexplainable rotations.

Just now, Kurthi said:

Aikman is right, Saints need to speed it up. Need to get possessions. Payton is known for surprise onside lkicks, but I think the Vikings would be looking for it.

They need that 1st score to get in the game. After that, they have a full quarter to speed it up. As long as their defense can hold up.

1 minute ago, bobbywizdum said:

I agree. I think clement is the most consistent of our backs in all 3 phases. Duece has been annoying me all year with his unexplainable rotations.

Just this year? I wanted him gone with Kelly. We're seeing the same issues 2 years later. Poor rb blocking, fumbles and that gawd awful rotation.

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

the real issue is you cannot break in the red zone if you are going to do that. if you do the keep guys in front and go cushion, then you better be great in the red zone. otherwise you are about to get blown out. the eagles this year have been good in the red zone for the most part.

my issue when they give cushion at times is when we face a wide receiver like kelvin benjamin. he doesnt have breakaway speed and we have a guy in mills who can jam at the line against him and not worry about him beating him down the field with speed

That's true, we basically run a cover 2 in man coverage. All your pressure depends on your front 4 and drop into coverage and keep it in front of you. I think Mills would be a great cover 2 corner actually but, it works with what they are doing with him now

Just now, jfluke said:

They havent won this game yet. Maybe the Eagles look bad next. But maybe they crush whoever goes into the Linc.

I'm as down on the Eagles' ultimate chances as anybody............but they can win that game.  I'm a long-time fan, but not a cheerleader.  I like the game, and commenting on it.  A secret:  The outcome of all games are dependent on 2 things:

1).  The matchups

2).  The circumstances.

* Have you noticed that for all their supposed advantages the Vikings haven't run away on the scoreboard yet?

For all the bleating and chest puffing over Pederson and Foles...........

If you turn the ball over multiple times and run as inefficient a RZ offense as you did against Atlanta you will get run out of your own building.  Stakes ratchet with every additional round.

If you don't do that?

This game tells me you have at least a puncher's chance in that weather at home.

20 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Erin Andrews... wish I could see her nood...

There is that highly creepy video of her in her hotel room. That’s messed up that someone did that, though.

Also, she was standing right in front of me at last year’s Eagles/Vikings game for a lot of the game. Her, uhh, ‘’backside” was underwhelming.

Thos whole post makes me feel creepy. :lol:

2 minutes ago, BCEagle said:

I'm think uptempo/no huddle might be effective against this Viking defense.

i dont know they are built really well. they basically have like 7 first and second round picks on that defense in rhodes, waynes, barr, smith, kendricks, griffin, joseph.

46 minutes ago, BCEagle said:

So, fellow Eagles fans, how do we prepare for the Vikings? What's DP's game plan?

Well it looks like they all but shut down the Saints running game. They will probably try to do the same to us and force us to beat them thru the air..:unsure:

2 minutes ago, Greenakers2 said:

I'm as down on the Eagles' ultimate chances as anybody............but they can win that game.  I'm a long-time fan, but not a cheerleader.  I like the game, and commenting on it.  A secret:  The outcome of all games are dependent on 2 things:

1).  The matchups

2).  The circumstances.

* Have you noticed that for all their supposed advantages the Vikings haven't run away on the scoreboard yet?

For all the bleating and chest puffing over Pederson and Foles...........

If you turn the ball over multiple times and run as inefficient a RZ offense as you did against Atlanta you will get run out of your own building.  Stakes ratchet with every additional round.

If you don't do that?

This game tells me you have at least a puncher's chance in that weather at home.

We played a 15-10 game in the cold and wind. They are playing a 17-7 game in a dome. Whats the freakin difference. 

2 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

That's true, we basically run a cover 2 in man coverage. All your pressure depends on your front 4 and drop into coverage and keep it in front of you. I think Mills would be a great cover 2 corner actually but, it works with what they are doing with him now

i actually think mills would be a great safety at some point. not saying we need to move him, but if you believe sidney jones and darby are your future on the outside then you better look to move him to keep him. people dont always like him, but he is a good player and he is an effort and scrappy type of kid. he has a lot of sheldon brown in him.

i thought when we dealt a 3rd for darby we would sign him long term, I am not so sure we do. i think you might see the eagles allowing him to walk after next year if he doesnt play better in 2018. and go with jones and mills with douglas as the third corner

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

i dont know they are built really well. they basically have like 7 first and second round picks on that defense in rhodes, waynes, barr, smith, kendricks, griffin, joseph.

They believe in linebackers in minny. We on the other hand...

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

i actually think mills would be a great safety at some point. not saying we need to move him, but if you believe sidney jones and darby are your future on the outside then you better look to move him to keep him. people dont always like him, but he is a good player and he is an effort and scrappy type of kid. he has a lot of sheldon brown in him.

i thought when we dealt a 3rd for darby we would sign him long term, I am not so sure we do. i think you might see the eagles allowing him to walk after next year if he doesnt play better in 2018. and go with jones and mills with douglas as the third corner

I agree with the safety move. I'm not sure they can go with Jones Mills and Douglas though. I don't see a slot corner in that trio. I could be wrong though