EagleJoe8

NFC Divisional: Saints @ Vikings.

3 minutes ago, jfluke said:

IF. Thats a really big word, and could be used many times in any game.

But the interception was the exception to the norm.

You're just proving my point that it would be smart for the Saints to hurry up when they're down by 17.

At least even if they lose the challenge, he has to kick it again. And he gets iced a little bit.

So it is a bad challenge but a worse rule.

I would change it to CATCHABLE BALL or it's grounding.

QBs are cheating when they do that and we all know it.

Just now, jfluke said:

They should probably make it mandatory to show replays more often, and not leave it to the stadium crew.

Then again, thats part of why you play for home field advantage.

Stuff like that shouldn't be part of the 'home field' though. That's part of the rules of the game. Home Field Advantage is more about the fans, not having to travel and all of that.

Replays, the clock and that kind of stuff should be handled by league officials. Not home stadium employees.

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

yeah that was usually what we do. challenge something dumb. pederson crushed the challenge game yesterday

I wonder if they got someone else. Usually it is the video coordinator or one of the coaching assistants. 

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

not blind just need better glasses lol

True, but if his finger is still on the ball is it considered in possession...yea guess I need better glasses. Dumb by Payton to do that. Especially with the way the refs have reffed. He may need that challenge.

I hate the rules re: intentional grounding. Having a player "in the area" shouldn't constitute an actual attempt to complete the pass.

Just now, cowboy30 said:

True, but if his finger is still on the ball is it considered in possession...yea guess I need better glasses. Dumb by Payton to do that. Especially with the way the refs have reffed. 

No, it's already being thrown.

Just now, cowboy30 said:

True, but if his finger is still on the ball is it considered in possession...yea guess I need better glasses. Dumb by Payton to do that. Especially with the way the refs have reffed. 

it was dumb to challenge it cause something that close they rarely ever overturn. it is like you rather have the timeout late in the game then challenge and it likely not be overturned.

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

if robinson is going to leave (think someone will pay him more than what we want too) then id like to see mills on one side, jones on another and darby in the slot. i wouldnt be so sure darby isnt better off playing the slot with his speed and playing cushion isnt his best quality.

Just spitballin really. But even if Robinson leaves, they still have douglas and graham. 

Or maybe Darby just needs an off season in the scheme. He was a late trade, then missed a bunch of time early.

1 minute ago, terrellowensisapuss said:

I hate the rules re: intentional grounding. Having a player "in the area" shouldn't constitute an actual attempt to complete the pass.

No, it's already being thrown.

Whatever happened to "in the grasp"?

The standard for a rule should be this:

If Tom Brady does it, does it feel to you like he is cheating?

If so, adjust the rule.

3 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Stuff like that shouldn't be part of the 'home field' though. That's part of the rules of the game. Home Field Advantage is more about the fans, not having to travel and all of that.

Replays, the clock and that kind of stuff should be handled by league officials. Not home stadium employees.

Stadiums arent required to have big screens though. Thats for the fans, not the game/teams.

1 minute ago, jfluke said:

Just spitballin really. But even if Robinson leaves, they still have douglas and graham. 

Or maybe Darby just needs an off season in the scheme. He was a late trade, then missed a bunch of time early.

i think graham is on a one year deal. so he might also not be back. however he probably isnt getting a huge contract so id like to bring him back.

maybe it is darby coming in late and the injury he isnt fully healed to what he was, but i still think douglas is better suited on the outside. he might actually be best suited to play safety. he is a ball hawk type of guy and likes to tackle. i know ray didinger and seth joyner have mentioned the like him at safety down the road so maybe they know something we dont

Just now, Kurthi said:

Give the Vikings receiver credit. He hustled back towards that pass, or it would have been grounding.

Yeah, that one actually wasn't too bad. I just don't like that on, say a screen that is well covered, the QB can just throw it at the ground.