EagleJoe8

NFC Divisional: Saints @ Vikings.

I think it is going to be hard for the Vikings to refocus after a win like this. They will be walking on air for the next few days.

1 hour ago, Silentop said:

i feel bad for the kid.. I think he thought he was getting there too early and tried to avoid PI.. but the responsibility of it all was just to big.

Griffin is going to wreck Vaitai. WRECK. Celek gonna have to be there..

All he had to do was pull up and wait for Diggs to catch it then make contact and either wrestle him down by himself, or hold on until help can assist the tackle.

What he did was come in too fast and too heavy and lost control, managing to friendly fire the only other guy who might've had a chance to tackle Diggs. I feel for the kid, but his unsound play cost every other person in the Saints fanbase this game.

You may be right about Griffin, but this is invaluable experience for Big V and I hope he holds up. Graham and our Dline can get pressure too. This game will be a 'slobber-knocker'.

2 hours ago, Eagles9193 said:

FYI Scott Norwood was on 1991 Bills

Umm, yes I know who Scott Norwood is and if you don't get the reference then nevermind!!!

2 minutes ago, PhillyDan1969 said:

Umm, yes I know who Scott Norwood is and if you don't get the reference then nevermind!!!

He missed the kick the year b4 dumbarse 

he played 1 more full season after missing SB kick... not exactly running him outta town 

2 hours ago, Silentop said:

Griffin is going to wreck Vaitai. WRECK. Celek gonna have to be there..

Wasn't everyone saying the same about Tak McKinley vs Vaitai?? And big V actually held his own... vikes DLine isn't all that

3 hours ago, CHIP72 said:

It was similar to that play that Denver safety made against Baltimore in the 2012 playoffs, except the play in the Vikings/Saints game was even worse, which was/is hard to do.

Other than Jim Marshall's wrong way run, I can't ever remember a worse screw up.

6 hours ago, pisceschica said:

I don’t think he’s root against his family member’ team but we can ask.

@NoDak Eagle if vikings win who are you pulling for in NFCCG

It’s tough because Carson obviously isn’t playing. I’ve been a Vikes fan my entire life and have had my heart ripped out to many times from them. With that said it’s a win win for me. Won’t be all that disappointed for whichever team wins but I’m leaning towards the Eagles. 

2 hours ago, Eagles9193 said:

He missed the kick the year b4 dumbarse 

he played 1 more full season after missing SB kick... not exactly running him outta town 

It was not meant to be literal!!!  I am aware that Norwood kicked for the Bills in the following season, but the idea that Norwood had to go into hiding was sensationalized in 2 hollywood films, "Ace Ventura: Pet Detective" and in "Buffalo 66"...seriously, lighten up chief!!!

Well I went to bed at half time thinking we got the Vikes. And we have but just up for work and seeing the winning score. Poor Saints eh. Ha ha. 

We got this next week, 23 - 17 (as long as Elliot makes the extra points) 

I'm hearing a lot about how it's just set up for Minnesota. That their story will get them to the Bowl and win it all. 

What because they have a chance to host their own Superbowl? Because they lost Bridgewater two years ago and then Bradford this year? Because Case Keenum taking them all the way is so fitting? Because nobody really gave them a chance this year? 

Sound familiar anyone? Who lost their HoF LT? Their RB play maker? Both of whom were possibly in their last years of their careers. Who lost their stud defensive play caller? And then to top it all the NFL MVP? 

Yeah I'm sick of hearing that it would be fitting for Minnesota. I'm sick of this anti Philadelphia story. So let's use that as added motivation. Let's go out there and get it done. Let's walk away this year as Champions of the world and savor that we did so despite nobody else wanting us to. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'm hearing a lot about how it's just set up for Minnesota. That their story will get them to the Bowl and win it all. 

What because they have a chance to host their own Superbowl? Because they lost Bridgewater two years ago and then Bradford this year? Because Case Keenum taking them all the way is so fitting? Because nobody really gave them a chance this year? 

Sound familiar anyone? Who lost their HoF LT? Their RB play maker? Both of whom were possibly in their last years of their careers. Who lost their stud defensive play caller? And then to top it all the NFL MVP? 

Yeah I'm sick of hearing that it would be fitting for Minnesota. I'm sick of this anti Philadelphia story. So let's use that as added motivation. Let's go out there and get it done. Let's walk away this year as Champions of the world and savor that we did so despite nobody else wanting us to. 

The media and nfl hates the eagles.  Their favorite storylines are how long it has been since a championship and how terrible the fan base is. The only eagle they did like was Wentz.  Will sure be funny if the eagles win it all this year and kick off a dynasty.  Then the nfl will have no choice but to promote the world champion eagles

48 minutes ago, Fugster said:

The media and nfl hates the eagles.  Their favorite storylines are how long it has been since a championship and how terrible the fan base is. The only eagle they did like was Wentz.  Will sure be funny if the eagles win it all this year and kick off a dynasty.  Then the nfl will have no choice but to promote the world champion eagles

Yeah I find it incredibly frustrating and rather sad to be honest. I had my brother, who's a Patriots fan, telling me that the Vikings winning it would be the best story and that we wouldn't be where we are without Wentz blah blah blah. 

I said to him, hang on a minute, are we not without Wentz now? So if we do go the distance then that's not down to Wentz? Sure he was key to us until he went down but he is having no influence on this team on the field now. 

57 minutes ago, Fugster said:

Agree

7 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah I find it incredibly frustrating and rather sad to be honest. I had my brother, who's a Patriots fan, telling me that the Vikings winning it would be the best story and that we wouldn't be where we are without Wentz blah blah blah. 

I said to him, hang on a minute, are we not without Wentz now? So if we do go the distance then that's not down to Wentz? Sure he was key to us until he went down but he is having no influence on this team on the field now. 

And Agree

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I don’t see his point.  If not for Wentz?  Wentz is an Eagle, he will be for a very long time.  Of course the Eagles would not be here without their players.  As far as the best story, 2nd year head coach that many wanted fired (including me), journey man qb who somehow found his way back to the team that traded him with confidence problems, a rb group that lost a huge playmaker and lacks anyone from last year, a rookie kicker who was pulled from the trash bin that misses close but hits extra long, cbs featuring last years 7th rd pick with a rough first season, a free agent fans thought would be cut, a rookie, and a guy coming back from a stomach turning ankle dislocation.  Oh and they also lost the best lt in football and their best lb.

seems like a pretty good story for me.  If they pull it off they may have to tone down the adversity for the TV movie because then it becomes too outlandish 

if I was a patriot fan and the eagles win without Wentz and all the other huge pieces the eagles lost...  I take a moment to visualize the future 

9 hours ago, Greenakers2 said:

Other than Jim Marshall's wrong way run, I can't ever remember a worse screw up.

Leon Lett on Thanksgiving? Tony Romo’s botched hold of the game winning field goal?

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Carson having no influence? Say what? Believe me he is and has been working with Foles and the coaching staff since he went down with his injury. To say he has no influence whatsoever is absurd. 

1 hour ago, CountBlah said:

Leon Lett on Thanksgiving? Tony Romo’s botched hold of the game winning field goal?

Both bad..........but not for me.  Regular season game.................snaps have been dropped before. Saint DB looked like he closed his eyes going for a big hit that wasn't necessary, whiffed and took out his own teammate in a playoff game where all he had to do was push Diggs OOB and it was over.  They HAD the game!

5 minutes ago, Greenakers2 said:

Both bad..........but not for me.  Regular season game.................snaps have been dropped before. Saint DB looked like he closed his eyes going for a big hit that wasn't necessary, whiffed and took out his own teammate in a playoff game where all he had to do was push Diggs OOB and it was over.  They HAD the game!

Of course they had the game, but in today’s NFL, it’s not kewl to wrap someone up and simply tackle them, you have to pin your arms behind your back, and go,for the big hit.  

I laugh at anyone who does this and misses, and I laugh double if it costs their team the game.  

They are told this a thousand times a day, but they are too kewl for school.

1 hour ago, NoDak Eagle said:

76DF105D-79A7-4133-AACE-4B1A1E0455B0.jpeg

Those guys look so miserable. Fisher is an awful coach, glad he's out the league.

29 minutes ago, NoDak Eagle said:

Carson having no influence? Say what? Believe me he is and has been working with Foles and the coaching staff since he went down with his injury. To say he has no influence whatsoever is absurd. 

i saw the headset.  wentz making his presence felt :flex:

3 minutes ago, CountBlah said:

Of course they had the game, but in today’s NFL, it’s not kewl to wrap someone up and simply tackle them, you have to pin your arms behind your back, and go,for the big hit.  

I laugh at anyone who does this and misses, and I laugh double if it costs their team the game.  

They are told this a thousand times a day, but they are too kewl for school.

playing devil’s advocate lets say he did lay up and lets him catch the ball.  receiver gets out of bounds at the 35 and they still lose.  i think he made the choice to prevent the catch and got there to early 

1 hour ago, NoDak Eagle said:

On the actual field bud. I'm talking about once that microphone switches off and it's all on Foles. Of course he's helping and he's influencing on the sidelines but it's not the same.