EagleJoe8

NFC Divisional: Saints @ Vikings.

6 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'm hearing a lot about how it's just set up for Minnesota. That their story will get them to the Bowl and win it all. 

What because they have a chance to host their own Superbowl? Because they lost Bridgewater two years ago and then Bradford this year? Because Case Keenum taking them all the way is so fitting? Because nobody really gave them a chance this year? 

Sound familiar anyone? Who lost their HoF LT? Their RB play maker? Both of whom were possibly in their last years of their careers. Who lost their stud defensive play caller? And then to top it all the NFL MVP? 

Yeah I'm sick of hearing that it would be fitting for Minnesota. I'm sick of this anti Philadelphia story. So let's use that as added motivation. Let's go out there and get it done. Let's walk away this year as Champions of the world and savor that we did so despite nobody else wanting us to. 

If it's any consolation, the pressure is on Minny.  In the Foles v.s Keenum battle that will decide this contest, only one of them is being asked to win on the road.

11 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

If it's any consolation, the pressure is on Minny.  In the Foles v.s Keenum battle that will decide this contest, only one of them is being asked to win on the road.

Couldn't agree more. At this point the pressure is off us. In fact in some ways it has been since Wentz went down. Because we know that our chances took a big hit that night. And it's very likely if we lose a close one on Sunday that he'd have made the difference. 

16 hours ago, NoDak Eagle said:

It’s tough because Carson obviously isn’t playing. I’ve been a Vikes fan my entire life and have had my heart ripped out to many times from them. With that said it’s a win win for me. Won’t be all that disappointed for whichever team wins but I’m leaning towards the Eagles. 

Good choice. Blood is thicker than skoal...brother. Family first.

There was so much room between Diggs and the sideline. He didn't have to hit him at all. The best thing he could have done, is run up, and let him catch it. Hug him immediately, and bring him down. Game over. Even an incomplete pass gives them another chance, which a hit might be more likely to do. Gotta know situational football.

LOL been reading the Vikes message boards .... they actually have a bucn that are active.   They seem to think the Refs were against them .  Missed calls will always be there ... but what I saw was a ton more missed for the saints , and even calls that Vikes got the Saints did not .  Talk about a whinney fanbase ... the almost act as if the lost .  They also seem to think we stink and they will steam roll over us .  I guess they are ignoring Kennums stats when he does not have no wind and its 70 degrees indoors .  

I have family that lives in MN and they are just as bad as fans ..... maybe its the Air up north so close to Canada  who knows  :D 

48 minutes ago, NE.Jon said:

LOL been reading the Vikes message boards .... they actually have a bucn that are active.   They seem to think the Refs were against them .  Missed calls will always be there ... but what I saw was a ton more missed for the saints , and even calls that Vikes got the Saints did not .  Talk about a whinney fanbase ... the almost act as if the lost .  They also seem to think we stink and they will steam roll over us .  I guess they are ignoring Kennums stats when he does not have no wind and its 70 degrees indoors .  

I have family that lives in MN and they are just as bad as fans ..... maybe its the Air up north so close to Canada  who knows  :D 

I’ve been a Vikes fan my entire life. We have been through a lot of bad times from losing 4 Super Bowls to NFC championship games. We are no different than any other fanbase except for having our hearts ripped out on more occasions than most other fans teams. It is what it is. With that said Go Eagles. 

2 minutes ago, NoDak Eagle said:

I’ve been a Vikes fan my entire life. We have been through a lot of bad times from losing 4 Super Bowls to NFC championship games. We are no different than any other fanbase except for having our hearts ripped out on more occasions than most other fans teams. It is what it is. With that said Go Eagles. 

Trust me I know all to well about the Vikes . My Uncle "From Minnesota " owned a trucking company .  He dresses up the compnay trucks Vikings style during the football season .  I have to see if I can find photos for you , its pretty dam funny . Because of him  I root for Vikes as long as they are not playing Eagles and they do vice versa . 

Just for fun, I was watching the video of the play wondering if the NFL had rules like other sports where once the clock hits 0, the game is over. Obviously, the NFL is different in that play continues after the clock hits 0 until the ball is dead. So I was looking to see if Diggs would have made it to the end zone before the "buzzer” sounded. I noticed that it’s very, very, very close, but didn’t bother to scrutinize it because it doesn’t matter anyway, obviously.

Now, I just realized, it does matter; if Diggs got in before the clock struck 0, there would still be time on the clock and they would have to kick off. (Remember when some people throught DeSean was showboating on the Giants punt return but he was actually makin sure time expired?  As I said before, it’s very, very close, but it looks to me that, literally because of his raising the ball in celebration, the ball crossed the plane just before the clock struck 0.

Has anyone seen this angle explored in any of the journalism on the game or seen anywhere on Saints message boards where it’s been brought up? I think they speculated on the broadcast as to why the review was taking so long. Perhaps this was why.

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 8:13 PM, terrellowensisapuss said:

The team should have the option to decline the try.

They did decline the try. They snapped the ball and kneeled it down.

If they were given the option of not snapping the ball then there could one day be a game where that seemingly useless play, could turn into the next 'Miracle at the Meadowlands' and turn the outcome of the game.

Give them the option of declining it and you take a potential opportunity away from the other team. If both teams approve of foregoing the snap, that's different. Then both teams have a say.

4 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

They did decline the try. They snapped the ball and kneeled it down.

If they were given the option of not snapping the ball then there could one day be a game where that seemingly useless play, could turn into the next 'Miracle at the Meadowlands' and turn the outcome of the game.

Give them the option of declining it and you take a potential opportunity away from the other team. If both teams approve of foregoing the snap, that's different. Then both teams have a say.

Right. The outcome wasn’t going to change with Minnesota up by 5. However, if that TD had put them up by 1 or 2, a return can change the outcome. 

On 1/16/2018 at 12:05 PM, NoDak Eagle said:

Yeah, go eagles but I have a hard time hating the Vikes.  They are sorta kindred spirits.

On 1/17/2018 at 4:34 PM, dawkins4prez said:

Yeah, go eagles but I have a hard time hating the Vikes.  They are sorta kindred spirits.

They are in the way. 

Is that traffic jam that was caused by the cargo train make that train your kindred spirit?