Sign in to follow this  
cowboy30

3rd String QB Kellen Moore Becomes QB Coach

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/article193457419.html

I hate my team sometimes. Maybe he will be a good coach and maybe he is a really smart guy behind the scenes. But I just don't see how a 3rd string backup QB retires early in his career to become the QB coach of an NFL team. This is the guy that is supposed to help Dak with his mechanics and turn him around for his 3rd season??? I just don't get this team's philosophy. Hope I'm wrong. I want to hear from Stephen....

Kellen Moore was always going to become a coach. His intangibles are through the roof, he's just physically limited. 

As the saying goes, "For those who can't do, teach."

Meh. I don’t know anything about Moore, but it could prove to be a good decision. I remember back in the day when Pederson was our starter for half the 99 season. He was terrible, but I always thought he might make a good QB coach. 

The big big question is when does Dallas replace Marinelli with their offensive line coach?

:whistle:

I think there is some overreaction to this... He's a QB coach, not a head coach or coordinator.

Moore has been in the league a few years, bounced from the Lions to Cowboys, and I suppose he feels he won't achieve much more in his playing career. So might as well go into coaching. You have to start somewhere... If the still Cowboys like him, he knows the players and the system, I don't see why he doesn't fit in.

2 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I remember back in the day when Pederson was our starter for half the 99 season. He was terrible, but I always thought he might make a good QB coach.

I remember that too and I had the same thought back then. I am not surprised Pederson is coaching.

I mean when you spend your days holding a clip board, I'm sure that must be the best kind of experience for getting an entry level coaching job in the NFL....seems logical to me

On 1/9/2018 at 4:46 PM, Quiet Boy said:

Kellen Moore was always going to become a coach. His intangibles are through the roof, he's just physically limited. 

i agree with you he does have great intangibles and he was a good player at Boise St he is very limited just like Jason Garrett was coming into the NFL Johnson kept him around for his smarts

On 1/9/2018 at 4:46 PM, Quiet Boy said:

Don't know anything about him but agree with the concept. Some guys have the smarts but not the talent

Just heard where Brice Butler said that When Romo was there that he came up with a vast majority of the game plan every week, not Linehan and Garrett and that it was even true in 2016....that’s nuts if true.