gameshowfan91

Kirk Cousins Would Think about Playing for Browns

Their coaching staff is pathetic.  Nothing changes before they go.

On 1/11/2018 at 1:00 PM, SNOORDA said:

So Cousins saved the Redskins arses after the whole RGIII disaster and they are going to let him walk with no viable replacement? As that whats happening?

Pretty much, yeah. It's almost insane how this whole situation has gone down. There isn't much they can do at this point, aside from tag him again which comes with a $34 million price tag. He'll hit free agency and get a huge deal from some other team, leaving the Redskins with no QB. Some of their fans actually believe they can win with Colt McCoy, and that he is better than Cousins.

The bar is set pretty low for wins. Get em 2 next year, and he would already have them a game up over the previous 2 seasons. lol

Redskins screwed up by not even given Kirk decent backup money when he took over for RG3 ... It would of been like 2 x what he was making which was like 700k  or something .

Here’s a news flash, if  the money is right, every player would play anywhere....except maybe an older player taking less to get a shot at a ring.

lol Nick Foles tonight just hurt Kirks value .  Nick is 1-1 in playoffs   Kirk is a big fat 0.  Stats are nice for fantasy football  but in the end , all that matters is Ws  and even more so in post season 

11 hours ago, NE.Jon said:

lol Nick Foles tonight just hurt Kirks value .  Nick is 1-1 in playoffs   Kirk is a big fat 0.  Stats are nice for fantasy football  but in the end , all that matters is Ws  and even more so in post season 

I'm not so sure about that. Teams may look at that, but then quickly forget it once Kirk hits the market. Most teams are a victim of their inability to learn from mistakes.

On 1/11/2018 at 5:28 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I mean... Good luck to him. If he thinks he can turn that franchise around then somebody needs to get him checked out. But hey they have the cap space to pay him a hell of a lot of money so I'm sure that's tempting! 

So do the Cardinals.  I could see him going to Arizona with Carson Palmer retiring.

The Jets are also $100 million under the cap and could go for Cousins as well.

On 1/11/2018 at 8:21 AM, NE.Jon said:

my guess Browns abd Hue will mess up Qb situation as always . There will be a good amount of Qbs hitting FA this offseason . I am thinking they grab bridgewater or Tyrod , when there will be better vet options

And especially if the Eagles win it all, Nick Foles will be available for the right price as well.  A team might be willing to give the Eagles a late first-early second rounder AND at least another pick for Foles, who they likely can pay a lot less for than Cousins and who has a track record with the Eagles, especially given that Jeff Fisher has been exposed as a QB killer. 

13 minutes ago, Wallyhorse said:

So do the Cardinals.  I could see him going to Arizona with Carson Palmer retiring.

The Jets are also $100 million under the cap and could go for Cousins as well.

And especially if the Eagles win it all, Nick Foles will be available for the right price as well.  A team might be willing to give the Eagles a late first-early second rounder AND at least another pick for Foles, who they likely can pay a lot less for than Cousins and who had a track record with the Eagles, especially given that Jeff Fisher has been exposed as a QB killer. 

Kirks claim to fame  " Redskins fans " 

1. Throws for a ton of yards and is a top 10 QB in NFL .     " Yet fails in RZ  and does not have TDs  to go with these mega yards " 

2. he is a Pro Bowl Qb  " He only went to PB because the Qbs selected did not want to go ... He lost game by throwing RZ Pick. " 

3. He has led Skins to 3 winning seasons " 9-7 , 8-7-1 , 7-9 " 

4. He brought them to playoffs and they were Div Champs!!!!!!  " The NCFE was a mess that year ...  Romo went down after a record year prior season , Eagles Chip Kelly Mess  and Giants TC Mess , the fact was they just sucked the least .... and went  1 n done" 

5. He is the best QB they have had in 20 years .  " Just because he was better thean what you had does not make him the right choice" 

The fact is he has been in NFL as long as Nick and with the same team since he was drafted .... and NIck bounced around  and was stuck on bench due to dumb/ bad coaches  until he got away and back to Andy .  Nick has already done more in his short time then Kirk has even come close to ... Jersey in Canton , PB MVP  and now 1-1 in Post season . 

If Eagles are smart we could get some nice picks / trade for him .  I love the fact he is backing up Carson , but this is Carsons team  and Nick deserves a chance to start somewhere . It sucks about Carsons injury will carry though to next year  , but to plan for future  ... we should get something and just go with Nate if we have too .         

1 hour ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

I'm not so sure about that. Teams may look at that, but then quickly forget it once Kirk hits the market. Most teams are a victim of their inability to learn from mistakes.

I dont know man , Foles is under contract to  and would be like 20 Million cheaper as well .

14 minutes ago, NE.Jon said:

I dont know man , Foles is under contract to  and would be like 20 Million cheaper as well .

True, but I don't know if the Eagles let him go again.

24 minutes ago, NE.Jon said:

Kirks claim to fame  " Redskins fans " 

1. Throws for a ton of yards and is a top 10 QB in NFL .     " Yet fails in RZ  and does not have TDs  to go with these mega yards " 

2. he is a Pro Bowl Qb  " He only went to PB because the Qbs selected did not want to go ... He lost game by throwing RZ Pick. " 

3. He has led Skins to 3 winning seasons " 9-7 , 8-7-1 , 7-9 " 

4. He brought them to playoffs and they were Div Champs!!!!!!  " The NCFE was a mess that year ...  Romo went down after a record year prior season , Eagles Chip Kelly Mess  and Giants TC Mess , the fact was they just sucked the least .... and went  1 n done" 

5. He is the best QB they have had in 20 years .  " Just because he was better thean what you had does not make him the right choice" 

The fact is he has been in NFL as long as Nick and with the same team since he was drafted .... and NIck bounced around  and was stuck on bench due to dumb/ bad coaches  until he got away and back to Andy .  Nick has already done more in his short time then Kirk has even come close to ... Jersey in Canton , PB MVP  and now 1-1 in Post season . 

If Eagles are smart we could get some nice picks / trade for him .  I love the fact he is backing up Carson , but this is Carsons team  and Nick deserves a chance to start somewhere . It sucks about Carsons injury will carry though to next year  , but to plan for future  ... we should get something and just go with Nate if we have too .         

That's why especially if we trade Nick this offseason I look to bring in Josh McCown.  He did a lot of a Jets team that was expected to go 1-15 or even 0-16 this year and actually was 5-7 before he got injured in Denver.  McCown can also be a player-coach here with the idea of his becoming a full-time coach here when he retires as a player (he'll be 39 this season) as I suspect he'll be an HC in the NFL within 10 years of his retirement as a player. 

1 hour ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

I love him backing up Carson , but at same time Id hate to lose value on him  because of sentimental reasons  and  I think he deserves a true shot to be a starter

53 minutes ago, Wallyhorse said:

That's why especially if we trade Nick this offseason I look to bring in Josh McCown.  He did a lot of a Jets team that was expected to go 1-15 or even 0-16 this year and actually was 5-7 before he got injured in Denver.  McCown can also be a player-coach here with the idea of his becoming a full-time coach here when he retires as a player (he'll be 39 this season) as I suspect he'll be an HC in the NFL within 10 years of his retirement as a player. 

We have Sudfeld now as well , which seems like he very well may be a decent backup .  I know a lot of Skins fans upset over losing him . 

7 minutes ago, NE.Jon said:

I love him backing up Carson , but at same time Id hate to lose value on him  because of sentimental reasons  and  I think he deserves a true shot to be a starter

It'll be a tough decision. Joe Douglas and Howie will have to assess things after the superbowl win :D

On 1/11/2018 at 7:56 AM, NE.Jon said:

they have good talent on both sides of the ball . the right Qb could change them around .

They should be able to put an all pro team on the field to surround him.For as many top draft picks they have gotten over the last decade. Cousins could turn that team around. He isn't a bad QB. But I don't know about Hue Jackson as their HC being a plus. That is if he wasn't fired at the end of the season.

Heard a call in to sports radio this morning ( was so hyped over the win, I couldn't sleep). And it was a caller from Ohio.Don't know if he was being faceious or being funny. But he said they had a parade for going 0-16. 

33 minutes ago, back2nj said:

They should be able to put an all pro team on the field to surround him.For as many top draft picks they have gotten over the last decade. Cousins could turn that team around. He isn't a bad QB. But I don't know about Hue Jackson as their HC being a plus. That is if he wasn't fired at the end of the season.

Heard a call in to sports radio this morning ( was so hyped over the win, I couldn't sleep). And it was a caller from Ohio.Don't know if he was being faceious or being funny. But he said they had a parade for going 0-16. 

Kirk with the Browns gives him a chance to be what he never was or could be in Washington . He has the chance to be the Savoir and City hero. He does not even have to do much there to make all the fans worship him like a god.  If he goes even  8-8 the fans would go nuts .  I think Kirk has a lot of issues with the Skins , Bruce Allen and Danny Snyder  left over when RG3 was there.  Kirk still to this day holds a grudge about it .... Allen calling him Kurt , Danny treating him like a red headed step child while Rg3 was treated like baby jesus . 

4 minutes ago, NE.Jon said:

Kirk with the Browns gives him a chance to be what he never was or could be in Washington . He has the chance to be the Savoir and City hero. He does not even have to do much there to make all the fans worship him like a god.  If he goes even  8-8 the fans would go nuts .  I think Kirk has a lot of issues with the Skins , Bruce Allen and Danny Snyder  left over when RG3 was there.  Kirk still to this day holds a grudge about it .... Allen calling him Kurt , Danny treating him like a red headed step child while Rg3 was treated like baby jesus . 

The thing is would the Browns be willing to take another Red Skins QB? After how things went with RGIII? But I agree, anyone could make those fans warship them at this point with a few w's in the win column.

44 minutes ago, back2nj said:

The thing is would the Browns be willing to take another Red Skins QB? After how things went with RGIII? But I agree, anyone could make those fans warship them at this point with a few w's in the win column.

Kirk was always better then RG3 ... I still never understood the hype he got out of College with that offense they ran there . 

On 1/11/2018 at 10:29 AM, metalhead0043 said:

Of course he will. They have over $100 million in cap space. I'm sure they would pay him whatever he wants. I picture it going down like this for Kurt.

VHv3JbBsmaAz9eB1L93EEj.jpg

Which reminds me of how once again cartoons suspend all laws of physics.

http://mentalfloss.com/article/500940/fact-check-physicist-weighs-whether-scrooge-mcduck-could-actually-swim-pool-gold

Why would Kirk say he would consider playing for the Browns? Because it cost him nothing, and it drives up his asking price to Washington and other suitors he's actually considering. I don't know whether he resigns with the Skins or not, I just want this crap to be over. Either sign him to a LTD or transition tag him and get something for him. If he leaves, I can see him signing with the Broncos or Jags. 

On 1/14/2018 at 8:32 AM, ShakeThatMonkey said:

Well, when he wins the superbowl, we can trade him to Washington for 3 firsts!!!

The Browns played competitive most of the season, they just couldn't finish games. Throw Kirk in there, add a weapon or two and then focus defense that is already pretty decent and they could turn it around. The problem is not the talent on the field right now so much as the coaching staff and front office that is a mess, don't get me wrong they could certainly use more talent, but in that regard they're not in a bad spot.

All you have to do is look at their handling of the Aj Mcaaron trade and know they have no clue what they're doing, how do you not send the paperwork over in time with plenty of time to do so. 

1 hour ago, NIBGoldenchild said:

Why would Kirk say he would consider playing for the Browns? Because it cost him nothing, and it drives up his asking price to Washington and other suitors he's actually considering. I don't know whether he resigns with the Skins or not, I just want this crap to be over. Either sign him to a LTD or transition tag him and get something for him. If he leaves, I can see him signing with the Broncos or Jags. 

If Kirk was loyal to the Skins ... he would of got the LTD done right away ...  not wait until free agency . I know he is far from stupid .... he felt the effect this year of not having quality around him . If he tried to take skins for all they are worth he has to know that they will not be able to get him the players he needs to win Even last year he fooled Danny and Bruce by saying he would not talk :LTD until  he was tagged .  Dumb arse Skins tagged him .  Kirk knew that it would increase his value instantly and could fight and say , why would I take less then the tag  because not Im making XXX .  Now it seems he want even more Guaranteed money  even though he just got 44 million last 2 years . If Skins were smart , which they are not  they let him walk .... thye should of called his bluff last year .  At least if they did it last year  they could of maybe been in position to draft QB this year.  Its like a band aid  they need to just rip it off .  

Although I could see the skins given him another 60-80 Mil guaranteed  with 28-30 Million a year .  As a Eagles fan we can only hope they do  because it will hurt them cap wise for another year or 2   and by that time who knows where the team will be . Its sad  because Kirk has done nothing besides put up a few stats here and there  , he loses when it matters mosr.  Nick Foles , Case Keenum  both have better  W/L and playoff wins.  Both FAs .   Then you Have a few others that you can say are Kirks level going to be FAs   like Bradford , Bortles  and Tyrod. Kirk imo over played his hand .